What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It isn't about caring for others but appreciating your own fortunes. That being you are you can contribute to society.
Why do people dream about not working so much? Like what else would you do all day? I think I'd feel a bit worthless.
I find it really weird when people say "I could never retire. I wouldn't know what to do with myself." Why define yourself by your job? When they say that is it about wanting to be useful to other people? I'm not so sure. I reckon a part of it for some people is comfort, familiarity and sense of being in control.

Also, you can still be an active member of society in retirement and contribute to other people's fortunes if that's what turns you on. You just need to have a little imagination and drive.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I find it really weird when people say "I could never retire. I wouldn't know what to do with myself." Why define yourself by your job?

define yourself ? who does that ?

what if you genuinely like what you do and dont want to stop doing it just because you reached some arbitrary age ?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
My general observation about our last 2 prime misnisters.
They seemed fake and wanted people to like them so put on a show. Rather then lead the way and made people want to follow.
Rudd and Gillard were the same.

Very hard to ''lead the way" when you run a dysfunctional party full of people who can't agree on anything other than the fact that you're a merkin who should be knifed.

Throw in the likelihood that there isn't a single decision you will make that won't bring out some group of whiny f**ken shitheads who will use social media, protests and mainstream media to make your life very difficult.

Short term election cycles don't help either. No sooner after you are voted in you are forced to think about the next election and which bunch of deadshits are important to your livelihood. No chance of long term reform in that environment.

...and the cherry on top is the millions of f**kwits who vote on the basis of the most idiotic reasons and are so f**ken mind numbingly stupid and unpredictable that it forces you to second guess everything you do and everything your party stands for.

The world is a very different place to when Howard was PM. I think spineless politicians is the new norm unless we see some big changes to the system.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

what if you genuinely like what you do and dont want to stop doing it just because you reached some arbitrary age ?
You don't think anyone defines themselves by their job? Are you serious?

I hear this comment from far too many people for your scenario to be the only reason that it happens.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You don't think anyone defines themselves by their job? Are you serious?

I hear this comment from far too many people for your scenario to be the only reason that it happens.

anyone maybe, but everyone definitely not

from your post I read it as you were alleging everyone defined themselves by their job

hindy111

Post Whore

I've had times when work is quiet. I dont mind a holiday a game of golf and a beer. But all those things feel better in moderation and once I feel like I need a rest from working hard.

Kornstar

Coach
It isn't about caring for others but appreciating your own fortunes. That being you are you can contribute to society.
Why do people dream about not working so much? Like what else would you do all day? I think I'd feel a bit worthless.

If i didn't have to work i could fill my day easily in the studio working on music, watching TV, exercising and catching up with people i like. Of course my version of not working is not living off the government, mine is being self funded and not requiring anyone to contribute to my lack of working.......

I worked my ass off to get where i am, i continue to kill myself with long hours so i am not sure i "appreciate" it, and i contribute very well to society to pay ridiculous tax so that the less fortunate don't have to pay any after they get rebates etc.

Kornstar

Coach
All good. Definitely wouldn’t suggest that everyone does.

I feel like some people look down on others cause of their jobs. Judged by it.

People like to feel superior. Some people think that they have great status when they are doing what society generally thinks are important jobs.

I deal with CEO's and executives on a daily basis and it always makes me laugh how probably 80% of them act like they are not a normal human beings who shit like everyone else.

And instead of trying to stop the behavioural trend of everyone bending over backwards for them and them carrying on like f**kwits, they lean into it. In my role i occasionally get to put them in their places so i do take pleasure in that.

parra pete

Referee
There's nothing worse than a Doctor's Receptionist who insists you tell her what is wrong with you, in a room full of other patients. I know most of us have experienced this, and I love the way this old guy handled it.
A 75-year-old man walked into a crowded waiting room in Melbourne and approached the desk. The Receptionist said, 'Yes sir, what are you seeing the Doctor for today?'
'There's something wrong with my dick', he replied.
The receptionist became irritated and said, 'You shouldn't come into a crowded waiting room and say things like that.'
'Why not, you asked me what was wrong and I told you,' he said.
The Receptionist replied; 'Now you've caused some embarrassment in this room full of people.
You should have said there is something wrong with your elbow, ear or something, and discussed the problem further with the Doctor in private.'
The man replied, 'You shouldn't ask people questions in a roomful of strangers if the answer could embarrass anyone.
The man then decided to walk out, waited several minutes, and then re-entered.
The Receptionist smiled smugly and asked, 'Yes??'
'There's something wrong with my elbow,' he stated.
The Receptionist nodded approvingly and smiled, knowing he had taken her advice.
'And what is wrong with your elbow, Sir?'
'I can't piss out of it,' he replied.

parra pete

Referee
An elderly Italian man who lived on the outskirts of Rimini , Italy , went to the local church for confession.
When the priest slid open the panel in the confessional, the man said "Father, during World War 11 a beautiful Jewish woman from our neighbourhood knocked urgently on my door and asked me to hide her from the Nazis. So I hid her in my attic."
The priest replied "That was a wonderful thing you did and you have no need to confess that."
"There is more to tell, Father ...... She started to repay me with sexual favours. This happened several times a week, and sometimes twice on Sundays."
The priest said "That was a very long time ago and by doing what you did you placed the two of you in great danger. But two people under those circumstances can easily succumb to the weakness of the flesh. However if you are truly sorry for your actions, you are indeed forgiven."
Thank you , Father. That's a great load off my mind. I do have one more question."
"And what is that?" asked the priest
"Should I tell her the war is over?"

ash411

Bench
I just wanna acknowledge something great that happened not long ago.

Australian Professional Tenpin Bowler Jason Belmonte just won his 11th Major title, Putting him on top of the All-time list of Major title holders in the Professional Bowling Association. Considering he is just 35 years old and has been on tour just 11 years that's a pretty amazing feat. It was his 21st professional title overall, which is equally impressive given how long he's been on tour. It's his second title this week, just wrapping up the PBA's World Series of Bowling, where 4 events are contested over 2 weeks. Jason won the Chameleon Championship (named after the oil pattern they bowled on) and the PBA World Championship.

Pretty damn impressive for a guy from Orange who as a kid said he wanted to be the best in the world, and is now in the discussion as the best ever.

hindy111

Post Whore
People like to feel superior. Some people think that they have great status when they are doing what society generally thinks are important jobs.

I deal with CEO's and executives on a daily basis and it always makes me laugh how probably 80% of them act like they are not a normal human beings who shit like everyone else.

And instead of trying to stop the behavioural trend of everyone bending over backwards for them and them carrying on like f**kwits, they lean into it. In my role i occasionally get to put them in their places so i do take pleasure in that.

I just say yes sure no worries whatever is best fo you and makes things easiest. Then they like me :relaxed:

Gronk

Staff member

Australian Professional Tenpin Bowler Jason Belmonte just won his 11th Major title, Putting him on top of the All-time list of Major title holders in the Professional Bowling Association. Considering he is just 35 years old and has been on tour just 11 years that's a pretty amazing feat. It was his 21st professional title overall, which is equally impressive given how long he's been on tour. It's his second title this week, just wrapping up the PBA's World Series of Bowling, where 4 events are contested over 2 weeks. Jason won the Chameleon Championship (named after the oil pattern they bowled on) and the PBA World Championship.

Pretty damn impressive for a guy from Orange who as a kid said he wanted to be the best in the world, and is now in the discussion as the best ever.

The merkin bowls two handed.

HauntingTediousHorsechestnutleafminer-max-1mb.gif

I prefer the traditional method

giphy.gif

parra pete

Referee
A woman goes into Discount Fishing Supplies to buy a rod and reel for her grandson's birthday..
She doesn't know which one to get, so she just picks one and goes over to the counter.
The salesman is standing there, wearing dark shades.
She says, "Excuse me. Can you tell me anything about this rod and reel?"
He says, "Madam, I'm completely blind; but if you'll drop it on the counter,
I can tell you everything you need to know about it from the sound it makes."
She doesn't believe him but drops it on the counter anyway.
He says, "That's a six-foot Shakespeare graphite rod with a Zebco 404 reel and 10-lb...Test line. It's a good all around combination, and it's actually on sale this week for $44."
She says, "That's amazing that you can tell all that, just by the sound of it dropping on the counter. I'll take it!"
As she opens her purse, her credit card drops on the floor.
"Oh, that sounds like a Visa card," he says.
As the lady bends down to pick up the card, she accidentally farts..
At first she's really embarrassed, but then realises there is no way the blind salesman would tell exactly who had farted.
The man rings up the sale and says, "That'll be $58.50 please."
The woman is totally confused by this and asks,
"Didn't you tell me it was on sale for $44. How did you get $58.50?"
"The Duck Caller is $11, and the Fish Bait is $3.50

Kornstar

Coach

Isn't he the Muralitharan of the bowling world?

Latest posts