What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The question not Marshal/Reynolds? it’s Marshal/Brooks?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Each of the 1-5 have had their good days ...I don’t know what happened to Mbye that’s the second time he’s tried to catch a ball like that just asking for a knock on..could have left it....main problem I think is Jennings...I watched his so-called great year last year on his video for Souths and every try was catching and placing ball over tryline ...big but so what...havnt seen him beat a tackle yet ...
I must admit I didn’t realise that Jennings wasn’t quick until his sluggish effort @ the game @ the 8th wonder vs manly in Rd 1.I obviously didn’t watch much of Souths last yr & had a false sense of expectation due to no. of tries he scored.If only he had brother michaels pace.

Das Hassler

Bench
The thing that should be kept in mind in regards Jennings is Maquire. He knows him better than anyone in and around WT so despite any seemingly apparent negatives with parts of his game.. Madge ..with the benefit of winning experience sees him as fitting in to what HE'S building. In regards Mbye, he was given the captaincy because of his intelligence...composure and commitment. ..for those same reasons i believe his attack will come good again ( remember..it WAS there last year with us and the dogs) ..under Madge and Hodgo, who was among the best ever in what we're looking for in Mbye..also worth noting that Billy Slater endorses him at every mention. That means a lot...he's never profoundly wrong about anything in this game.
What does Bellamy do?...he builds parts that fit into a basic and efficient machine....this is not a bowling team where it's simply the sum of individual talent but that's how a lot of people see this game...it's absolutely not that.
Just some relaxed sunday musings

Last edited:

trevcogger

Juniors
Each of the 1-5 have had their good days ...I don’t know what happened to Mbye that’s the second time he’s tried to catch a ball like that just asking for a knock on..could have left it....main problem I think is Jennings...I watched his so-called great year last year on his video for Souths and every try was catching and placing ball over tryline ...big but so what...havnt seen him beat a tackle yet ...

Yes hes ordinary....And SLOW.

trevcogger

Juniors
The thing that should be kept in mind in regards Jennings is Maquire. He knows him better than anyone in and around WT so despite any seemingly apparent negatives with parts of his game.. Madge ..with the benefit of winning experience sees him as fitting in to what HE'S building. In regards Mbye, he was given the captaincy because of his intelligence...composure and commitment. ..for those same reasons i believe his attack will come good again ( remember..it WAS there last year with us and the dogs) ..under Madge and Hodgo, who was among the best ever in what we're looking for in Mbye..also worth noting that Billy Slater endorses him at every mention. That means a lot...he's never profoundly wrong about anything in this game.
What does Bellamy do?...he builds parts that fit into a basic and efficient machine....this is not a bowling team where it's simply the sum of individual talent but that's how a lot of people see this game...it's absolutely not that.
Just some relaxed sunday musings
Very very musing Dasslero_O

WA Tiger

Bench
Just google Robert Jennings or any player and maybe click on video...iether way you’ll find it.prob a lot of pressure on Mbye coz some questioned him as captaincy...I think he’ll be fine ...can’t wait to see him pull off the mr nice guy cloak and rip in like what was needed weekend before last ...I know he’s got it in him

WA Tiger

Bench
Mbye is going nowhere....Hes been earmarked as captain,so wont be dropped...
Your right though,he was our worst......took a few good bombs,but dropped one trying to do his superman impression.
and take his super man cloak of for a while..HAHA Iliked that one

WA Tiger

Bench
Not saying that Brooks played horrible but all this talk that Brooks played awesome last night for mind is crazy. I still say he still lacks energy and puts up for too many nothing bombs that put no pressure on the other team. Let's face it we were extremely lucky with that try to Cheekam. Not many other teams stuff up that bad that he scores. I still say that if Bird catches the ball we lose the game.
I’m bloody sure Brooks kicked a bomb to the left corner that lead to a try? Maybe that was Reynolds ...I remember Reynolds one nah this was a different one and I thought your kidding me where did that come from you can’t kick like that..?? I haven’t had time to check replay ..will tomorrow ..maybe night shift is playing with my memory ..I don’t think I’d mistake a Brooks kick tho

Tiger05

First Grade
Brooks put up a bomb that we scored off. Chee-Kam caught it and got the offload to Garner.

His kicking game was really good.

The unknown

Juniors
Looks like Benji misses the big opening of BankWest Stadium next week.
A full house and he loves a stage.
The future is Brooks and Reynolds
Just rest the guy until either gets injured.

Pretty much this, Benjis days are over in NRL me thinks. Reynolds form the last 2 week's I'd say has padlocked himself as our no 6 for atleast this year unless injured

WA Tiger

Bench
Brooks put up a bomb that we scored off. Chee-Kam caught it and got the offload to Garner.

His kicking game was really good.
Yip I knew it. That’s the one..Faultless performance - on this day., Coz of his confidence he got from running. I’ll give credit where it’s due.Another tiger win tomorrow morning in the golf?

WA Tiger

Bench
And that beautiful fifth tackle kick down the middle perfectly weighted that was not s short kick. I couldn’t believe it. So effortless..I liked how his body twisted in the last part of the kick like it’s one of his favourites

WA Tiger

Bench
His head stayed down after that kick like he knew he nailed it...very very cool...Thats the talent everyone raved about when he first started coz he was relaxed then and was finally again on Thursday ...I mean that was true class I havn’t seen from him in the playmaker role before and the one armed pass in a massively stressful situation where he could easily have blown that try..ok so he has got it ...let’s see it again and again....coz u iether got that or you havnt

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m working night shift so plenty of time to write ...That twist at the end of the kick was because it was kind of a sideways kick like running towards the sideline and kicking at the posts so extra good...kinda like Benji does haha ..

WA Tiger

Bench
Pretty much this, Benjis days are over in NRL me thinks. Reynolds form the last 2 week's I'd say has padlocked himself as our no 6 for atleast this year unless injured
Benji will play this week...11 day turnaround ...like I say the coach loves him ..I havn’t got a prediction wrong yet ...except for the score

macnaz

Staff member
If Benji can stay away from the gym and just do sprint type training so his bulked up hammies regain some flexibility and not break down everytime he sprints he could slot into a centre position, he defends well these days and certainly knows how to set up his outside men.

Latest posts