What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 V Souths

Abacus

Juniors
No big loss whare i hope they debut johns and he has a blinder
Not part of the top 30 so he can't be selected.

I'm really hoping we don't put a 2nd rower out there. Such a defensive move (and not in terms of strengthening our defence). Really hoping for Aekins/DWZ.

Exsilium

First Grade
Not part of the top 30 so he can't be selected.

I'm really hoping we don't put a 2nd rower out there. Such a defensive move (and not in terms of strengthening our defence). Really hoping for Aekins/DWZ.

Ivan Cleary has always been one to select the right players in the right positions, based on the teams needs.............

TheFrog

Coach
I think whoever our recruitment officer is needs to go Bush and find some big fast outside backs.
Maybe they'll find another Graeme Moran. Taree United to first grade overnight. Or Dave Applebee. Walked in unheard-of and asked for a trial. Played in our first game in first grade. Those were gentler times.

Last edited:

Abacus

Juniors
Ivan Cleary has always been one to select the right players in the right positions, based on the teams needs.............
Depends whether he's looking at this as a 2-game injury cover or something more profound.

mxlegend99

Referee
We have 3 options in our reserve grade backs... none have played centre before that i am aware of.

Dylan Edwards... who seems ahead of Aekins still based on teamlists last week.

Caleb Aekins... i am happy to see him get a crack so long as DWZ moves to centre. It's a massive risk but there's a potentially huge upside if it works.

Jarome Luai... not sure he has played centre or is remotely close to being considered at centre. But I wouldn't be upset if we tried him at centre just to fit him in the team.

But realistically the most likely option is for Ivan to put Fuimaono there. Who IMO is a bad reserve grade player and shouldn't be near our 17 at all.

martielang

Bench
Given the centre will likely mark up against Turner, I think you can bet your house of Fui being picked.

Panfa

Juniors
Id just elevate johns into the top 30 and throw him in there hes a nuggety type powerful runner and defender has more lateral movement then fui.As fui is a former rabbitoh they will know his weaknesses and target him bigtime no one knows matheson it will advantage us.

mxlegend99

Referee
Given the centre will likely mark up against Turner, I think you can bet your house of Fui being picked.
Only week it's not necessarily a terrible option. If we have the same flaw it's not as bad.

But the following week they face BJ Leilua or Croker depending on whether Blake is moved. I really don't know how we're supposed to match them. Jed Cartwright if fit would be great opposite BJ. I think he destroys anyone except Blake easily though.

While Croker opposite a second rower would comfortably create space for his winger

Abacus

Juniors
Only week it's not necessarily a terrible option. If we have the same flaw it's not as bad.

But the following week they face BJ Leilua or Croker depending on whether Blake is moved. I really don't know how we're supposed to match them. Jed Cartwright if fit would be great opposite BJ. I think he destroys anyone except Blake easily though.

While Croker opposite a second rower would comfortably create space for his winger
Agreed, we need to think beyond the next game against Souths. A genuine centre option would be nice for the remainder of the season - can only be DWZ or Aekins IMO.

Panfa

Juniors
Aekins is a midget and you want to throw him in the centres dallin wont be moved from fullback and if he does he needs to go back onto the wing.Our best option is to play a centre at centre thats why we bought matheson johns as back up so if he aint in the top 30 he should be.

Abacus

Juniors
Aekins is a midget and you want to throw him in the centres dallin wont be moved from fullback and if he does he needs to go back onto the wing.Our best option is to play a centre at centre thats why we bought matheson johns as back up so if he aint in the top 30 he should be.
I think the club are reluctant to add someone to their top 30 so early in the season. So need to fill the spot with someone currently available for selection. If the club pulls the trigger on Johns great but no use advocating for him until he's elevated.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hammy won't be 2 weeks. Could be including the Warriors backs. Dallin would be my pick if Johns isn't brought in

franklin2323

Immortal
Souffs are naming a guy in the 21 that isn't development or top 30. No doubt GI's replacement. Another example that you can do it

Bodhi

Juniors
I don't think IC will make too many changes, not so soon anyway. Edwards will come back into the 1 pushing DWZ into the centres to replace Whare. And Sele should come back after having served his sentence.

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Josh Mansour 3. DWZ 4. Waqa Blake 5. MWZ 6. James Maloney 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Wayde Egan 10. Tim Grant 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Isaah Yeo 13. James Fisher-Harris. Bench: 14. Sione Katoa, 15 Hame Sele, 16. Moses Leota 17. RCG

Panthers Jersey Flegg coach Ben Harden has named his squad to face South Sydney Rabbitohs at St Marys Leagues Stadium on Saturday.

Panthers v Rabbitohs
St Marys Leagues Stadium
2pm Saturday 27 April

1. Charlie STAINES
2. Glen MCGRADY
3. Stephen CRICHTON
4. Thomas LOFTS
5. Matthew FAAUILA
6. Matt BURTON
7. Brendan HANDS
8. Jayden TANNER
9. Ryan PRITCHARD
10. Brad GAUT
11. Terrell MAY
12. J'maine HOPGOOD (c)
13. Lindsay SMITH

14. Adam FEARNLEY
15. Jack QUINN
17. Ratu NANOVO
18. Dylan MCBAIN
19. Jake TAGO

Panthers Canterbury Cup coach Guy Missio has named his side to face South Sydney Rabbitohs at Panthers Stadium on Friday.

Panthers v Rabbitohs
Panthers Stadium
5.45pm Friday 26 April

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Brent NADEN
3. Tyrell FUIMAONO
4. Matheson JOHNS
5. Brian TO'O
6. Daine LAURIE
7. Jarome LUAI
8. Spencer LENIU
9. Mitch KENNY