What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Weekend 2019 - Suncorp

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good sign...

Stallion has taken over pricing lol. I guess they arent shifting as many tickets as they had hoped?
If the goal was to replicate what happens in England they should have got a deal with an airline and hotel chain to offer some fan travel packages cheap to get fans to travel for it. Seems they are just relying on Brisbane folk to turn out to support other clubs.

I reckon it's a great initiative and looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I've been to the Auckland Nines twice, and both were great events - Auckland was full of league fans in all the jerseys and a great atmosphere all around - at the ground and out during the night. I'd think Brisbane would be similar - but possibly with more fans involved.

It's too easy to be critical of these kinds of initiatives before they happen. I'm more of an open mindset to see the potential in initiatives like this, and debate good/bad/otherwise once we've seen how it's transpired.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Looking like being a great weekend based on this taken from an article the other day: :

ARE THE CROWDS GOING TO BE BIG
In a word, yes. The Friday, Saturday and Sunday games are close to sell-outs, while there are $10 tickets going for the Thursday night match between the Titans and Sharks, which will act as a fundraiser for charity partners. For many of the players it will be the first time they’ve played in front of a capacity stadium – and there’s none better than the best rugby league ground in the world, the 52,500-seat Suncorp.

You could actually attend all four days of Magic Round for under $100. But get in quick if you want a seat at the Friday, Saturday or Sunday fixtures.

We fly in from Perth on the Thursday night so will miss the Titans game but there are a lot of games shaping as good ones

• Tigers v Panthers obvious rivalry ATM
  • Storm v Eels could be a top of the table clash
  • Roosters v Raider also top of the table
  • Cowboys will have Taumololo back so will make the Souths game interesting
Looking forward to a great weekend of footy.

Valheru

Coach
Diesel has a point, stupid scheduling - should have been this weekend. But we can’t expect the nrl to ever look at the whole package!

I don't disagree and they got the schedule wrong on the weekend they chose by having a standalone Thursday game but that has nothing to do with catering to Sydney

horrie hastings

First Grade
I'm probably wrong but I vaguely remember the original plan was for for this weekend but they had to change because Suncorp was booked or something like that?

Yeah it a shame it’s not this weekend, had to come up to Brisbane this weekend and it would have been great to take in the football :(

Last edited: