What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T-Boon

Coach
Given how tight our club is, I doubt he is on a contract the same size as he signed pre wooden spoon. I admit the spoon was not all his fault since it was stupid decisions at management level cutting staff that seems to have been a big part of the problem.
But that just highlights another thing Brad Arthur is not particularly good at: Influencing people. Influencing decision maker (fans, players, club, refs, NRL). The good coaches are very good at getting what they want.
All that said hopefully Brad earns his money. He could start by getting an illusive away win this weekend.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Let's take it one year at a time. If we didn't extend BA this season is derailed.
We give him 2 yrs. If we flop this year and not performing by rnd 12 next he gets terminated. Potter finished 2020 and a new coach 2021. Low risk tbh.Club might lose 500k.
Imagine rnd 15 comes along and we tell BA we not re signing. This year turns to shit and next year becomes a rebuilding year for the new coach.
Yep, I think this is probably the way to go. Although hopefully a similar clause to Nathan Brown’s supposed performance based contract has been included to mimimise any early payout.

T-Boon

Coach
This is more "stuff" than "rumour" but I would not mind us making a bid for Sonny Bill Williams. Is he still any good? He really transformed the Roosters. He could be very positive for our Islanders who desperately need a leader.

hindy111

Post Whore
This year we look ok cause we have Lane, Sivo,Mahoney,D.Brown,Salmon all on unders while Tepai,MJ,Evans,Manu are on overs. Throw is Hoffman and Bevan on top 17 money and not considered top 17.

In 2020 we will upgrade Gutherson if he stays and Nikuore. But guys like MJ,Tepai,Manu,Mannah will cost less if extended.
We will have Hoffs money and Bevans and dont forget Norman would of cost us a few hundred grand under this years cap. Annd hopefully KE is punted.

Next season we should have a real crack at it. I reckon Stefano will be part of the mix and Kafusi will be far better as will Salmon,Brown and Mahoney. Schneider may also be in the mix.
We needed coach sorted for 2020. And if we did make finals thisn season we are a smokie. Yes Rooster and Storm are favourites. But its a physical sport. If say Keasry and Munster went down things start to look more even.

emjaycee

Coach
This is more "stuff" than "rumour" but I would not mind us making a bid for Sonny Bill Williams. Is he still any good? He really transformed the Roosters. He could be very positive for our Islanders who desperately need a leader.
Why do you think our islanders desperately need a leader? We have Tongan representatives Ma'u, Terepo and Mennings who would provide leadership.

Stevie

Bench

f**k no. He can stick to prayer time and crying on youtube.

IFR33K

Coach

The way he carries on now, you think he’s Arab and not kiwi. Maybe he’d be a good influence for Moses and mannah :laughing:

T-Boon

Coach
Why do you think our islanders desperately need a leader? We have Tongan representatives Ma'u, Terepo and Mennings who would provide leadership.

They probably are the current leaders. But I would say they have lower tier leadership skill and this is coming out in the fact that overall we lack leadership as a team and are prone to massive inconsistency. Also a sign of a lack of leadership (I think) is the way BA has to mollycoddle them after a bad game.
Those guys you mention are not exactly winners or known for discipline or whatever.

T-Boon

Coach
f**k no. He can stick to prayer time and crying on youtube.

I don't care about religion but now I think about it I would not mind him bringing his religion to the club and breaking up that christian influence. Us christians are soft.

Cloeel

Juniors
I for one really Hope Parra come out and say “we have withdrawn what we think is an appropriate contract for gutho, we feel that because he hasn’t signed it yet we will begin to look elsewhere for 2020”

I don’t no bout everyone else but it’ll shit me if we bow down to his and his managers demands.

I’d rather Gutho go sign with manly for 4 years on a stupid amount then us shitting our pants and giving him what he’s demanding “because he thinks he’s worth it”

Am really loving this new new attitude of take it or leave it.

Stevie

Bench
I don't care about religion but now I think about it I would not mind him bringing his religion to the club and breaking up that christian influence. Us christians are soft.
You think dealing with Sam is hard and unethical to sign Gutho? Try signing SBW through f**king Khoder!!!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So we shouldn’t aim at winning on comp??
We should set SMART targets, smartarse.

Ok how about 1 win every 2 or 3 weeks?? That sounds exciting.
That is more realistic given where we are at. I wouldn't expect Holbrook to have the team performing much better than what we are doing at the moment.

And we had a review mate everything should be awesome now.
The review that you called a 'clayton's review'?

Yeah, nah we still have a long way to go before our administration becomes a force to be reckoned with.

Until then, you can look forward to more coaches struggling to get this team to perform. Now, that my Chardon's Corner friend is very exciting!

Soto

Bench
We should aim for stability mate. That’s where it’s at! And anything above s spoon.
I don't subscribe to the BS theory that a new coach will need 3 yrs to fix a place up.
A good coach worth his salt will see and can see now what our issues are...As much i couldnt stand Ennis on the pitch, his comments abt us are spot on...listen to him next time he is on and we're playing.

A new coach comes in and focuses on our weak areas and whilst we are at it we need to eradicate what a lot of teams think about parra..soft underbelly. We need a new steel about us. I can see attempts have been made but possibly BA and the recruitment team can't quite snare the right players needed.

The way we have played against raiders, knights and storm is best described like a car crash...u can see it unfolding but can do nothing about it..

IFR33K

Coach
The way we have played against raiders, knights and storm is best described like a car crash...u can see it unfolding but can do nothing about it..

And it happens far too often, and the coaching staff have failed to rectify this weakness. Another loss coming this weekend. And I dare say we’ll play the panthers into form too.

And it happens far too often, and the coaching staff have failed to rectify this weakness. Another loss coming this weekend. And I dare say we’ll play the panthers into form too.

Hang on. Two weeks ago you were pleading with the club to bring forward BA's re-signing and I asked you what you'd think if we did that and then turned to shit..........

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't subscribe to the BS theory that a new coach will need 3 yrs to fix a place up.
A good coach worth his salt will see and can see now what our issues are...As much i couldnt stand Ennis on the pitch, his comments abt us are spot on...listen to him next time he is on and we're playing.

A new coach comes in and focuses on our weak areas and whilst we are at it we need to eradicate what a lot of teams think about parra..soft underbelly. We need a new steel about us. I can see attempts have been made but possibly BA and the recruitment team can't quite snare the right players needed.

So why hasn't any coach since Smith been able to 'fix the place up'? Bad luck? Or is it possible that things aren't as black and white as you think?