What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
Because he knew our middle would be targeted, and Mahoney is still a weak link in defence. Did you see how few tackles he attempted despite playing only sixty minutes? More minutes from him would have been worse, not better.
Our middle is targeted every week and one game is a very small sample size to criticise his work rate. He usually has a much higher defensive work rate playing 70-80 minutes.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Our middle is targeted every week and one game is a very small sample size to criticise his work rate. He usually has a much higher defensive work rate playing 70-80 minutes.

agree

There was a lot of hand grabbing by our guys, not willing to get dirty with enthusiasm nor energy.

Niukore was like a rabbit in lights, looked totally out of his depth, made 3 errors and only 5 hit ups I think, he had a few mates though

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
This is a massive throw at the stumps I know so don't shoot the messenger. Some fella called Scott Dyer on the Parra Eels Army page on facebook is saying Gutho has re-signed for 2 years. Statement from the club due today.

Happy MEel

First Grade
This is a massive throw at the stumps I know so don't shoot the messenger. Some fella called Scott Dyer on the Parra Eels Army page on facebook is saying Gutho has re-signed for 2 years. Statement from the club due today.
Bloody hell, if true Gutho is becoming the new Darius Boyd.

Glenneel

Bench
Anyone think James Roberts should be reached out to? Bloke seems like a lost soul and players seem to love BA.
JR is an electric player when happy.
Not enough involvement for me, can anyone really get him motivated? Although would have to be better than Taka btw.

TheParraboy

Staff member

press conference 2pm apparantly

Bazal

Post Whore
Bloody hell, if true Gutho is becoming the new Darius Boyd.

If true....

It actually makes a certain kind of sense.

The club is still working through a lot of shit. The coach is as good as you'll get and seems to have the team going in the right direction on the whole, but has demonstrated both ends of the spectrum. Best player is dragging stuff into the media through his manager, but you also don't want to lose that player The your other priority target allegedly pauses negotiations based on what's going on with the coach and captain.

So you bite the bullet, re-sign the coach because ultimately he's as good as whatever else is out there, but you sign him to a short term deal. Then you offer the captain (and possibly the halfback, too) a potentially slightly increased deal for fewer years, and you say "right, we have 14 players off contract, you three are the core of this team in terms of performance. You have two further years to demonstrate you deserve to be the core of this club moving forward."

Again, this is if true, and only my own input on the way I might see it happening.

T-Boon

Coach
There was a lot of hand grabbing by our guys, not willing to get dirty with enthusiasm nor energy.

Niukore was like a rabbit in lights, looked totally out of his depth, made 3 errors and only 5 hit ups I think, he had a few mates though

He is the new Tep Moreaoa in terms of being over rated.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If gutho only signs for 2 years over a 3 year, he should sack his manager for giving him terrible stupid f**ken advice!!

Worse case scenario for him would be he is on unders by a little for a year, but gee plenty can happen in 2 years for him not getting another $650k deal!!

Glenneel

Bench
With RCG seemingly out of favour (and form) at Penrith, perhaps he might be a target. He has the ability to be an elite prop and if he could find that form from 2017-18 he would be massive for our middle.

He has a long term deal with the Panthers, but that was signed under the previous coach. Cleary May be happy to have him off their books to create cap space.
Maybe 2 broken jaws might explain his form. If so unless someone can change his mindset he'll never reach those heights again so an iffy signing possibility.

T-Boon

Coach
So you bite the bullet, re-sign the coach because ultimately he's as good as whatever else is out there, but you sign him to a short term deal. Then you offer the captain (and possibly the halfback, too) a potentially slightly increased deal for fewer years, and you say "right, we have 14 players off contract, you three are the core of this team in terms of performance. You have two further years to demonstrate you deserve to be the core of this club moving forward."

Yep. No more long term contracts for anyone who is inconsistent which Brad Arthur and Gutherson are both bigly. 2 years is fine for both as you can cut them after 1 if they continue with the crap they have dished up lately.

Glenneel

Bench
One thing that has changed is that Gutherson is a lot less popular with the fan base (or at least me).
5 weeks ago he was my favourite player and a must retain, now I basically hope he moves on because if we sign him the media narrative is going to be that the club caved which then will mean these grub agents will do the same next time in the media.
The only way he could change my opinion of him now would be if he did a press conference with the club to announce his signing and basically put everything out there. How much he signed for, who won the negotiations battle, his regret about the stories etc.
Rumour going around he'll make a statement today.