What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones VIII

Valheru

Coach
I literally just started rewatching the show from S1. To remind me of the good times.

I intend to watch S1-S4 because they were just incredible. The pacing was perfection and the show back then was about the finer details.

The little interactions between Littlefinger & Varys, and Arya & the Hound, and Tywin & anyone, and Robert Baratheon & anyone, and so on.

Just freaking awesome, timeless television. Never to be repeated.

S5 was still very good. And from memory S6 was actually quite awesome as well; with the Battle of the Bastards being one of the greatest things ever commited to celluloid.

So we still have 50 odd hours of fantastical tv to rewatch over and over.

Though it is indeed such a shame that the last two seasons decended further and further into a shambles.

Oh what could have been.

For me S6E10 is the greatest episode in the history of television.

The show fell off a cliff from there.

Storm13

Juniors
1 week later and I now don't give a single shit if the final was good or not. GOT is now just another show in a long list of shows that have now come and gone.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
1 week later and I now don't give a single shit if the final was good or not. GOT is now just another show in a long list of shows that have now come and gone.
Tyrion pinkman drives off into the distance after watching wash die and becomes a lumberjack.

Did I miss any?

nöyd

Staff member
I enjoyed it, all of it, and will watch it again eventually.

No time to read the books, or get upset by what did or didn't happen.

Ghost got his pats, proving once and for all that he is a good boy.

Thanks for playing the game.

BennyV

Referee
I literally just started rewatching the show from S1. To remind me of the good times.

I intend to watch S1-S4 because they were just incredible. The pacing was perfection and the show back then was about the finer details.

The little interactions between Littlefinger & Varys, and Arya & the Hound, and Tywin & anyone, and Robert Baratheon & anyone, and so on.

Just freaking awesome, timeless television. Never to be repeated.

S5 was still very good. And from memory S6 was actually quite awesome as well; with the Battle of the Bastards being one of the greatest things ever commited to celluloid.

So we still have 50 odd hours of fantastical tv to rewatch over and over.

Though it is indeed such a shame that the last two seasons decended further and further into a shambles.

Oh what could have been.
Season 6, IMO, was still great but the cracks were beginning to show. From memory, the idea that Arya abandoned a league of highly trained assassins and went straight to walking the streets in broad daylight expecting nothing to happen was the first poorly-thought-out act in the entire show.

But yeah, between Battle of the Bastards, The Door and Winds of Winter, it was still an epic season and gave some sort of hope that the writing would remain solid once the books were surpassed.

And then...well...yeah...

Game_Breaker

Coach
Season 6, IMO, was still great but the cracks were beginning to show. From memory, the idea that Arya abandoned a league of highly trained assassins and went straight to walking the streets in broad daylight expecting nothing to happen was the first poorly-thought-out act in the entire show.

But yeah, between Battle of the Bastards, The Door and Winds of Winter, it was still an epic season and gave some sort of hope that the writing would remain solid once the books were surpassed.

And then...well...yeah...

Or how about Dany training her dragons all of a sudden

She chained them up because they were eating kids and Drogon went rogue, but all good now because they need her to sail to Westeros

But as you said, the season did have great episodes that made it less obvious at the time

Game_Breaker

Coach
I enjoyed it, all of it, and will watch it again eventually.

No time to read the books, or get upset by what did or didn't happen.

Ghost got his pats, proving once and for all that he is a good boy.

Thanks for playing the game.

So who won the predictions thread?

Game_Breaker

Coach
You.

Congrats

Why do you think I asked the question?

L2m9c4W9ktzl.jpg

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Watching the making of doco for season 8 is just sad.

I mean it’s just watching thousands of people absolutely dedicated to their jobs and doing fantastic work.... but knowing in the back of your head that it’s all for naught

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
He finally ends it all driving head first into a semi trailer on the wrong side of the road to go see Mr mayhem

Haffa

Not sure if they'll ever explore past the show but my theory is the night king isnt dead, he just has to "restart" back far beyond the wall and build the army back up

There was already a first long night, that everyone obviously survived so someone must of killed him before?
I’ve been reading some theories on why Dany was taken by Drogon rather than left to be buried and there seems to be a general belief that she was left as an unknown for potential revival. The idea that she was flown east to Quaithe is a good one.

Timbo

Staff member
I’ve been reading some theories on why Dany was taken by Drogon rather than left to be buried and there seems to be a general belief that she was left as an unknown for potential revival. The idea that she was flown east to Quaithe is a good one.

Game of Thrones: The Next Generation.