What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 v Dogs

BLM01

First Grade
99...True...although I did say almost Zero interest....Maybe I should have said, The current Mob running the place have severely dented my enthusiasm....

I will always cheer us on for the win..but if we lose there will be a silver lining....which I stated above....As you correctly stated we all long to see the Bennett years again but that boat has well and truly sailed into the sunset and I can honestly say I cannot see much changing with the nepotism and old boys culture absolutely ingrained at our club...............the only thing that may change it is falling membership and attendance at games and failure on the field because the muppets running the joint won't acknowledge that anything needs to change.
Sorry about that 86..although I'd rather you call me something else..getting away from the female insinuation...not that there is anything wrong with that

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Exactly field is not a nrl standard 6 .

Tbh Dragonsamy, he really hasn't been given the opportunity to prove he is either. I think he's a bit gun-shy, and has'nt taken on the roll of chief playmaker due to Hunt. Overawed or overhyped? I maybe wrong but I feel he should be given a few games with Norman as the 7 and see if there's any change.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Tbh Dragonsamy, he really hasn't been given the opportunity to prove he is either. I think he's a bit gun-shy, and has'nt taken on the roll of chief playmaker due to Hunt. Overawed or overhyped? I maybe wrong but I feel he should be given a few games with Norman as the 7 and see if there's any change.
So you would play Hunt hooker?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So you would play Hunt hooker?

Sorry Frank, I wasn't really clear in what I meant.
Where I'm coming from is that with Hunt in SOO we should take the opportunity to rest him, which therefore would put Norman to 7 and Field at 6.
We have only a mathematical chance of playing finals, so an experiment to see if Field is a keeper or not as he is off contract this year.
As for Hunt playing hooker on a permanent basis, im not in favour of it.
However, the decision may come down to wether or not Robson stays with us.

Dragonsamy

Bench

I don't see him as the answer but I hope you are correct.

possm

Coach
Surely our pathways team should recognise that top level touch football players usually have a lot of excellent skills; speed, passing game, good step and evasion and sometimes good general kicking game. They should also understand that defence would be one skill they are usually short on.

Surely this could be addressed during the player's development period.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Sorry Frank, I wasn't really clear in what I meant.
Where I'm coming from is that with Hunt in SOO we should take the opportunity to rest him, which therefore would put Norman to 7 and Field at 6.
We have only a mathematical chance of playing finals, so an experiment to see if Field is a keeper or not as he is off contract this year.
As for Hunt playing hooker on a permanent basis, im not in favour of it.
However, the decision may come down to wether or not Robson stays with us.
I would keep Robson as our permanent hooker right now. I would be playing Norman halfback and Hunt 5/8. I have already resigned myself to Robson leaving. If he was to stay, I would be very pleased, but Mary has anointed McInnes as captain

With Lafai out for the next 5 weeks, Mary may play Field at fullback and Lomax centre, or he could play Field at centre? I would keep Lomax at fullback as I see him as our long term fullback and play Field at centre. He could go alright at centre?

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons 2019: Norman's mind clear ahead of injury return
Dragons Den
r0_0_5472_3648_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

DRAGONS half Corey Norman says he won't be carrying any scars - physical or mental - when he returns from a fractured cheekbone against Canterbury next week.

A famously chilled character, Norman isn't even sure exactly what the surgeon did to repair the fracture suffered against former club Parramatta in round eight.

Such injuries can often play on the mind, but Norman says his biggest mental challenge has been boredom.

"I don't think about those kind of things," Norman said.

"The first couple of weeks were just pretty boring to be honest. You obviously can't do much so I was just doing some body weights and light running and that was about it so the days do drag on.

"It wasn't a screw or a plate or anything like that, they just went in through the temple and then popped it out and I think it just mends itself.

"I don't really know so I might be making it up but they just said they popped it out and that was it.

"It's feeling good, I'm back into contact and it hasn't come into my mind so I'm clearly past the injury and ready to play some footy."

It proved a turning point of sorts for the Dragons, who haven't won a match since without their star No. 6, dropping five straight games to slump to 13th on the ladder.

James Graham and Tim Lafai are also facing extended stints on the sideline, compounding what's been a virtual injury crisis through the first half of the season.

Admittedly, Norman hasn't kept to close an eye on his side's performances while he's been out of action, but he's confident they can reboot out of the bye weekend.

"I'm not a good watcher," he said.

"I'll do a fair bit of video this week looking at our past games and stuff like that but when you're out, you're out, you don't want to be thinking too much about football.

"I'm back this week and that's where I'll jump back into it. I'm just going to go about my week like a normal week but obviously I want to lead from the front and get the job done.

"[We have] a bit of an injury toll but that's football, we've just got to deal with it and move on. We're still playing some good footy.

"We've been in all the games, we've just clocked off for 15-20 minutes defensively and it's really cost us. If we just come with a defensive mentality, we've still got plenty footy in us."

The Dragons turned on their best performance of the season the last time they met the Bulldogs, running in seven tries in a 40-4 win, but Norman says his side need to push that result out their mind.

"It definitely won't be like last time, I think we've got to go into the game knowing that," Norman said.

"That was six weeks ago, they're a different side, they're a real effort side and we're definitely need to come with the same effort, if not more to get over the line.

"We haven't obviously been getting the results that we wanted the last few weeks but we had the bye this week and everyone's really freshened up and it itching to get back on the field."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/6196495/normans-mind-clear-ahead-of-injury-return/?cs=3713

getsmarty

Immortal
TripADeal NRL team announcement: Round 13 v Bulldogs
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 4 Jun 2019, 04:00 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has named a 22-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 13 clash against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium on Monday, June 10.

Tyson Frizell, Paul Vaughan (New South Wales) and Ben Hunt's (Queensland) State of Origin I selection has allowed for McGregor to name one more player than usual.

Match: Bulldogs v Dragons

Round 13 - Monday 10th June

4:00pm

Home Team

Bulldogs

16th Position

Away Team

Dragons

13th Position

Venue: ANZ Stadium

Match broadcasters:

• Foxtel
  • LIVE PASS
  • KAYO
Buy Tickets
Frizell, Vaughan and Hunt have all been selected in the reserves as a result of their Origin selection. Corey Norman (cheekbone) returns in the halves, and Jacob Host and Korbin Sims have been named to start.

Lachlan Timm has been selected on the interchange, and could potentially become St George Illawarra player #223 if he is to debut. He is joined on the bench by fellow inclusions Josh Kerr and Jeremy Latimore (knee).

James Graham's broken leg sees Blake Lawrie shift to the front row and Luciano Leilua start at lock while Tim Lafai's syndesmosis injury sees Zac Lomax return to the centres and Matt Dufty named at fullback.

Mikaele Ravalawa returns on the wing at the expense of Jordan Pereira, who has been named in the reserves.

NRL squad for Round 13 v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs –

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
2. Jonus Pearson – sponsored by SMAI
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Tosich Group
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Illawarra Mercury/St George & Sutherland Shire Leader
7. Jai Field – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by EFEX
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Floormania
10. Korbin Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
11. Jacob Host – sponsored by Val Morgan
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Luciano Leilua – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski

Interchange:
14. Jeremy Latimore – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
15. Reece Robson – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Lachlan Timm – sponsored by My Muscle Chef17. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Domus Lighting
18. Jordan Pereira
19. Mitch Allgood
20. Ben Hunt
21. Tyson Frizell (c)
22. Paul Vaughan

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/06/04/tripadeal-nrl-team-announcement-round-13-v-bulldogs/