What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

chiefy1

Juniors
In The Mole's podcast this week he claims that players are complaining about the surface of Bankwest and that it is too slippery. Sounds made up to me because of the butter fingers Penrith match.

The Podcast @Stitcher @9_moley https://www.stitcher.com/s?eid=61637051

I'd think the extra watering of the newly laid turf in getting it to knit properly are teething problems associated with the slippery surface. Things will settle as the turf matures

Gronk

Staff member
I'd think the extra watering of the newly laid turf in getting it to knit properly are teething problems associated with the slippery surface. Things will settle as the turf matures

Are you a greenkeeper / horticulturist ?

So we have one govt. department build and own the Western Sydney Stadium and then outsource the naming rights to a corporate entity, hence Bankwest Stadium.

We have another govt. department responsible for roads and traffic put up signs in the area leading up to event days, warning motorists about increased traffic and road closures in and around the stadium. What do they call it on their signs... "Parra Stadium".

Guess Parra Stadium it is.

have you ever seen two government departments consult with each other on anything?

chiefy1

Juniors
Estimate the Bankwest crowd tonight West Raiders -
Im going 13k
Ill be very surprised if its over 15k

* Edit crowd 12,585 was the figure

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
48022782832_642d006ddd_c.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
SCG set to host NRL grand final after ANZ renovation
Author
Michael ChammasChief Reporter
Timestamp
Wed 12 Jun 2019, 05:46 PM

ANZ Stadium will undergo a facelift after next year's State of Origin series, handing the Sydney Cricket Ground the rights to at least the 2020 NRL grand final during construction.

The NRL told club chief executives and chairs at a meeting in Sydney on Wednesday that ANZ Stadium would be out of action after next year's Origin series opener at the Olympic venue.

It will leave the Bulldogs and Rabbitohs searching for a new home for the second half of the season, but also the NRL for its major events.

It's likely the Bulldogs and Rabbitohs will play the majority of their home games in the first half of the year and are expected to take most of their remaining games to Bankwest Stadium.

ANZ Stadium, which will be transformed into a 70-75,000 seat rectangular facility, will be out of action until the start of the 2023 NRL season.

The Sydney Cricket Ground will host grand final day in 2020 with the NRL in discussion with the NSW Government about locking in the next two grand finals after that.

The new stadium at Moore Park is expected in early 2022.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/12/scg-set-to-host-2020-2021-nrl-grand-finals/

Gronk

Staff member
A 2020 SCG grand final will be rubbish for some, however will be poetic for us winning our 5th premiership, all at the SCG.

I will be sitting in Neville Glover corner as I did for the first 4.

Mitchell Moses Clive Churchill medal winner.

Suitman

Post Whore
See pic below. Right click for full size image.
Australia's (yes, Australia's) largest office tower is now under construction in Parra.
The site with the black crane in the excavation, not the taller one in the background.
More people that can attend games on Thursday/Friday nights.
For comparison, the current Meriton apartments are 176 metres tall. This will be 230 mtrs.

construction-update.jpg

Eelogical

Referee
A 2020 SCG grand final will be rubbish for some, however will be poetic for us winning our 5th premiership, all at the SCG.

Don't drop you drinks.

I didn't make any of our GF wins. However, I did manage to sit in Neville Glover corner for the 1979 Dogs v Saints GF. And was vomited on by an old man with no teeth.

Suitman

Post Whore
I didn't make any of our GF wins. However, I did manage to sit in Neville Glover corner for the 1979 Dogs v Saints GF. And was vomited on by an old man with no teeth.

In 1974 at the GF the Roosters played in, I had a beer thrown all over me during a massive fight under the Bradman stand. Good times.

Suitman

Post Whore
Parramatta will host its biggest concert in three decades when iconic entertainer Sir Elton John becomes the first musical act at the new $360 million Bankwest Stadium early next year.
Sydney’s second biggest city hasn’t seen a performer of John’s calibre since former King of Pop Michael Jackson brought his “Bad” world tour to the former Parramatta Stadium on November 20, 1987.
John’s promoters will today announce six extra shows for his sold-out Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour, which will wrap up at freshly built Bankwest Stadium on Saturday, March 7.

Parramatta Lord Mayor Andrew Wilson yesterday hailed the major-event coup as a “great day for our city”.
“This is a perfect first concert for our world-class stadium: getting one of the world’s biggest and best performers in Elton John,” Cr Wilson said. “It’s the perfect fit and I can’t wait for the concert in March.”

“We know the ‘Rocketman’ is going to create magic memories when he arrives (in Parramatta),” he said.
The 72-year-old John — who is worth an estimated $580 million — won’t let the sun go down on his glittering five-decade career, which is full of big hits including Your Song, Tiny Dancer and Rocket Man.

There is talk of a Parramatta street being renamed “Yellow Brick Road” in John’s honour for his concert arrival. And Cr Wilson said he would support it “if it’s in an appropriate location”.

The Elton John biopic Rocketman has topped $100 million at the box office since it was released a fortnight ago, with the performer playing a pivotal role as an executive producer.
Tickets for John’s Parramatta show go on Tuesday, June 25. More info: ticketek.com.au

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...pZoWgdP-Mf6p-s