What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Super League

Haffa

A win for London on Saturday would be brilliant.

Luke Yates with 58 tackles this morning is my hero.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Going to be another squeaky bum end to the season for us Rover fans. Nrl fans don’t know how easy they’ve got it with no relegation threat!

Storm13

Juniors
I only want to see the Broncos stay up if David Hughes has a long term goal for this side. Can't keep scraping along at the bottom trying to turn a profit from not spending anywhere near the cap.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Broncos are built on a pack of cards. I’d love to see a successful London club but at the moment their ground is a joke and not SL standard (still yet to be explained how they are playing there when it doesn’t meet the criteria that was set), crowds are second division level and their sole existence rests on the interest of one man not getting fed up or going skint. Good luck to them but I’d rather see them replaced by Toronto or Toulouse who I think have the potential to bring more value over the long term.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Broncos are built on a pack of cards. I’d love to see a successful London club but at the moment their ground is a joke and not SL standard (still yet to be explained how they are playing there when it doesn’t meet the criteria that was set), crowds are second division level and their sole existence rests on the interest of one man not getting fed up or going skint. Good luck to them but I’d rather see them replaced by Toronto or Toulouse who I think have the potential to bring more value over the long term.
They need to be groundsharing with a lower league or non league football club.

adamkungl

Immortal

They know that spending above their means is a one way ticket to Widnes/Bradford territory.
They have to play the long game, keep plugging away and slowly build on small successes.
There's no point paying the ground rental for a 25,000 seat stadium in the city if they're still gonna have 3000 people showing up.
And keeping the roster lean for now means there's minimal disruption and cash issues if they do drop again

This philosophy might result in them getting relegated again, but they won't have lost anything from the experience and they'll have another crack the next time round.

But if they manage to stay up they'll be well positioned to build their roster and make some longer term plans.
This year they're aiming for 11th. Publicly they might say they think they're capable of doing anything, but their stadium and signings say "We're not putting all our eggs in one basket, lets see how this goes".
Next year, if they are in Super League, they have play it like they aren't a serious relegation risk.

Side note - it would be great if Championship had the funding to be a completely full-time league so relegation wasn't such a big drop down financially. But I fear the tide is going the other way in regards to lower leagues.

thorson1987

Coach
So it appears The S*n is having a sook.

Not publishing any articles about Rugby League because Magic Weekend being at Anfield meant they couldn't have any reporters there.

It's a tough one because the sport needs as much media as possible, but also f**k that vile rag. Wouldn't use it to wipe up the shit that dribbles out of Rothfields mouth.