What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players refusing to sing the National anthem in protest

AJB1102

First Grade
Tell us a good time to discuss it.
Okay. Hold your breath and I'll get back to you.

Seriously though this was all drummed up by the media. Cody didn't finish a standard media interview with "I'd just like to add I won't be singing the anthem on Wednesday". Latrell, Chambers, Addo-Carr, DCE whoever else didn't randomly announce their support, it was media driven.

So do they brew up the anger and outrage again ("start the discussion") twice in the next 6 or so weeks? If it's important and newsworthy on June 5 will it still be on June 23 or July 10?

Mr Spock!

Referee
Okay. Hold your breath and I'll get back to you.

Seriously though this was all drummed up by the media. Cody didn't finish a standard media interview with "I'd just like to add I won't be singing the anthem on Wednesday". Latrell, Chambers, Addo-Carr, DCE whoever else didn't randomly announce their support, it was media driven.

So do they brew up the anger and outrage again ("start the discussion") twice in the next 6 or so weeks? If it's important and newsworthy on June 5 will it still be on June 23 or July 10?
Well at least aboriginal issues made the news more than once a year and a token game with a feel good jersey. .

AJB1102

First Grade
Well at least aboriginal issues made the news more than once a year and a token game with a feel good jersey. .

I guess. But if it doesn't run in SOO 2 or 3 it looks like any other click bait, rev up the staunch merkins on either side bullshit. It was essentially used to promote Origin. Now it won't sell again so soon, so f**k it.

Generalzod

Immortal
Say the truth the reason why he didn’t want sing the anthem is because he didn’t know the lyrics.. lol

HowHigh

Coach
Can someone explain to me what's offensive about the national anthem?
Every national anthem I've heard sounds outdated and cheesy for today's world but I'm honestly curious at what part is offensive?

soc123_au

Staff member
64975279_384741562146678_5921999889541103616_n.jpg

grouch

First Grade
Can someone explain to me what's offensive about the national anthem?
Every national anthem I've heard sounds outdated and cheesy for today's world but I'm honestly curious at what part is offensive?
If you were "honestly curious " you'd do some research outside a forum full of deadshit fat white nerds

Latest posts