What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The way ahead for rugby in Australia

Stallion

First Grade
No I'm not on the Rugby payroll..
Why can't you answer why the Global Juggernaut North East Australia Kangaroos haven't got or had a sponsor for atleast 3 years?
Is it Rugby or AFLs fault?

Perhaps you can ponder why the "North Shore Wallabies" can't attract a decent tv audience? Your deflection tactics are well thought out. The logic of let's get off the repression examples and chat crap is effective deflection. Well done bigot.

Stavros

Bench
Perhaps you can ponder why the "North Shore Wallabies" can't attract a decent tv audience? Your deflection tactics are well thought out. The logic of let's get off the repression examples and chat crap is effective deflection. Well done bigot.
But they can get more in a stadium for a dead rubber Bledisloe Cup than the North East Australia Kangaroos can get for a "World" Cup final in the same stadium a couple months later..

Why can't the North East Australia Kangaroos get a major sponsor?
Socceroos have Caltex
Wallabies have QANTAS
Kangaroos have ????

Stallion

First Grade
But they can get more in a stadium for a dead rubber Bledisloe Cup than the North East Australia Kangaroos can get for a "World" Cup final in the same stadium a couple months later..

Why can't the North East Australia Kangaroos get a major sponsor?
Socceroos have Caltex
Wallabies have QANTAS
Kangaroos have ????

Don't start comparison stuff. You are about to be embarrassed . An interstate rugby leagye game consistently outdraws a North Shore Wallabies v NZ union game. The interstate game being played on a Wednesday unlike the North Shore Wantabees that only play their "feature" game on a Saturday. Haven't even mentioned the tv ratings comparison. Oh but that doesn't count ? Does it!?

Stavros

Bench
Don't start comparison stuff. You are about to be embarrassed . An interstate rugby leagye game consistently outdraws a North Shore Wallabies v NZ union game. The interstate game being played on a Wednesday unlike the North Shore Wantabees that only play their "feature" game on a Saturday. Haven't even mentioned the tv ratings comparison. Oh but that doesn't count ? Does it!?
That's the Pinnacle of Rugby League. Played between 2 states of one country Stallion :joy::joy::joy::joy: going great guns mate.
In big sports the Pinnacle is the World Cup. Pity the Rugby League version is laughed at and nobody cares.
Rugby League can have the same 3 million TV viewers each time Stallion that's a drop in the ocean compared to big sports pinnacle..

So you haven't got an excuse why the North East Australia Kangaroos can't pull a sponsor?? It's strange you look past this question

Stallion

First Grade
That's the Pinnacle of Rugby League. Played between 2 states of one country Stallion :joy::joy::joy::joy: going great guns mate.
In big sports the Pinnacle is the World Cup. Pity the Rugby League version is laughed at and nobody cares.
Rugby League can have the same 3 million TV viewers each time Stallion that's a drop in the ocean compared to big sports pinnacle..

So you haven't got an excuse why the North East Australia Kangaroos can't pull a sponsor?? It's strange you look past this question

Strange you haven't really accepted the North Shore Wantabees consistently low crowd performance in its "biggest" feature game on a user friendly Saturday night and it's substandard tv ratings. I'd suggest the womens State rugby league game rates higher than Wantabees games on tv as well!?
And test rugby league is and should be rugby league's pinnacle. This is something that needs addressing from rugby league. For instance a test between the 2019 southern hemisphere touring British Lions and Kangaroos would have been a bonanza for the code but poor administration has negated this happening. I'll concede that poor internal administration and deceitful manouverings from rugby union has negatively affected the international potential and current status of rugby league. But this is fixable. You only have to look at the union product to realise that that sport is not fixable. It's dead set boring and massively overated courtesy of establishment propagation.

Last edited:

Stavros

Bench
Strange you haven't really accepted the North Shore Wantabees consistently low crowd performance in its "biggest" feature game on a user friendly Saturday night and it's substandard tv ratings. I'd suggest the womens State rugby league game rates higher than Wantabees games on tv as well!?
It probably does Stallion but atleast it's an International sport that doesn't use excuses..
Remember the "World" Cup final at Suncorp where tickets were handed out the morning of the game and still couldn't come remotely come close to filling a 52k stadium??
I like how you think the day of the week makes a difference? Haha :joy::joy::joy:

Wouldn't you think the "World" Champion North East Australia Kangaroos playing the most exciting sport in the World would have no problem finding a sponsor Stallion??
But I'm sure you have an excuse why they don't and I'm just trying to see what it is mate??

Stallion

First Grade
It probably does Stallion but atleast it's an International sport that doesn't use excuses..
Remember the "World" Cup final at Suncorp where tickets were handed out the morning of the game and still couldn't come remotely come close to filling a 52k stadium??
I like how you think the day of the week makes a difference? Haha :joy::joy::joy:

Wouldn't you think the "World" Champion North East Australia Kangaroos playing the most exciting sport in the World would have no problem finding a sponsor Stallion??
But I'm sure you have an excuse why they don't and I'm just trying to see what it is mate??

Facts about repression of rugby league are not excuses. They are reality!
You are a bit fixated about a sponsor for the Kangaroos ? Remembering that rugby league has not got the "friends in high places " like union has due to its convenient contacts courtesy of elite private school bigotry against rugby league especially in NSW. I also would not put it pass people within rugby league to have questionable motivations within the code itself. Which is another issue in itself.

Stallion

First Grade
Who is repressing big International Companies to sponsor the Global Juggernaut team The North East Australian Kangaroos??

You really haven't thought this out have you? If you can't work out that their exists a bias against the code of rugby league (*which is not played in elite private schools )in the mostly private school employees of prominent high powered business in Australia, is not a factor in gaining sponsorship then you have no idea of how things work. I put it to you : Had it not been for a clearly elite private school educated conservative Irish man running Qantas that the "Wantabees" would not have a major sponsor. God knows it's a massive waste of money by Qantas as it is!

Stavros

Bench
You really haven't thought this out have you? If you can't work out that their exists a bias against the code of rugby league (*which is not played in elite private schools )in the mostly private school employees of prominent high powered business in Australia, is not a factor in gaining sponsorship then you have no idea of how things work. I put it to you : Had it not been for a clearly elite private school educated conservative Irish man running Qantas that the "Wantabees" would not have a major sponsor. God knows it's a massive waste of money by Qantas as it is!
Hahaha they play in a Huge tournament later this year. More eyeballs on it than the 3 Origin matches times 100. Not a bad investment but when you play proper international sports that's the coverage you are going to get..
A bias now?? So 0.5% of all schools in Australia not playing Rugby League is the reason why Rugby League continually struggles??
Big businesses put big money into sports where they will get a collect. Honestly whats the lot of good big business will get out of sponsoring the North East Australia Kangaroos?? Honestly??
Keep digging Stallion no wonder you are the most laughed at poster on here.. and that's a big achievement..

Stallion

First Grade
Hahaha they play in a Huge tournament later this year. More eyeballs on it than the 3 Origin matches times 100. Not a bad investment but when you play proper international sports that's the coverage you are going to get..
A bias now?? So 0.5% of all schools in Australia not playing Rugby League is the reason why Rugby League continually struggles??
Big businesses put big money into sports where they will get a collect. Honestly whats the lot of good big business will get out of sponsoring the North East Australia Kangaroos?? Honestly??
Keep digging Stallion no wonder you are the most laughed at poster on here.. and that's a big achievement..

I'd stick to trying to work out your obvious flaws Dodo! Union is the reason rugby league struggles. I'll also throw in some poor administrators as well. A far superior code of rugby in rugby league should have superceded the antiquated union version back in 1895.But dodgy and insidious union people on influential places made certain that their antiquated version of rugby continued despite a better version being created. It's time you realized this instead of slumbering in your false sense of fake importance. Shamefull is your stance and unsportsmanlike is your go to! You can have that with your North Shore Wantabees whom cant tackle nor run hard with the ball! Have a nice day.

Stavros

Bench
I'd stick to trying to work out your obvious flaws Dodo! Union is the reason rugby league struggles. I'll also throw in some poor administrators as well. A far superior code of rugby in rugby league should have superceded the antiquated union version back in 1895.But dodgy and insidious union people on influential places made certain that their antiquated version of rugby continued despite a better version being created. It's time you realized this instead of slumbering in your false sense of fake importance. Shamefull is your stance and unsportsmanlike is your go to! You can have that with your North Shore Wantabees whom cant tackle nor run hard with the ball! Have a nice day.
Hahaha Stallion you outdo all the other lunatic on here easily! And the best part is you Teach kids! Now that's a bloody worry!
The king of the Excuse now that's a great role model for kids..
I look forward to more of your contributions especially the excuses on the Crowd thread!

Stallion

First Grade
Hahaha Stallion you outdo all the other lunatic on here easily! And the best part is you Teach kids! Now that's a bloody worry!
The king of the Excuse now that's a great role model for kids..
I look forward to more of your contributions especially the excuses on the Crowd thread!

You on this site is the genuine worry. A person that doesn't acknowledge the very real repression of rugby league. Even when logic shows that repression is a massive impediment to the growth of rugbyleague and real-life examples are shown as proof, you astoundingly ignore such information. A true bigot. Certainly your schooling failed you!
PS: Your assessment of the state game audience is way below the mark. You will find this game has an international audience you have ignored. And their are numerous rugby league test matches that have doubled the tv ratings of union tests in places like England when played at the same time on British tv. Something you don't factor in your misguided boasts of a clearly undeserving and dodgy code in union. A true bigot and pretty dumb as well !

Last edited:

Stavros

Bench
You on this site is the genuine worry. Ampersand that doesn't acknowledge the very real repression of rugby league. Even when logic shows that repression is a massive impediment to the growth of rugbyleague and real-life examples are shown as proof, you astoundingly ignore such information. A true bigot. Certainly your schooling failed you!
PS: Your assessment of the state game audience is way below the mark. You will find this game has an international audience you have ignored. And their are numerous rugby league test matches that have doubled the tv ratings of union tests in places like England when played at the same time on British tv. Something you don't factor in your misguided boasts of a clearly undeserving and dodgy code in union. A true bigot and pretty dumb as well !
Please tell me this "International" audience Stallion... give me a ball park figure??
So are you also saying that League is bigger than Rugby in England mate??
I'm just trying to get this through my head

Stallion

First Grade
Please tell me this "International" audience Stallion... give me a ball park figure??
So are you also saying that League is bigger than Rugby in England mate??
I'm just trying to get this through my head

I am stating that rugby league test matches in England rate higher than Union test matches on at the same time. It's clear the general public on FTA in Britain have a preference for rugby league for their choice of rugby entertainment. The last rugby league world cup in England had a number of rugby league games out rating union tests on FTA tv at the same time. The public chose this preference : not the private/public school officials or a biased newsprint media. Go figure dumbo!?
And for your audience number for tomorrow nights state game: Listen to Rabs Warren. He normally informs of the extent the international coverage of the game during the telecast.

Last edited:

ReddFelon

Juniors
I am stating that rugby league test matches in England rate higher than Union test matches on at the same time. Itso clear the general public on FTA in Britain have a preference for rugby league for their choice of rugby entertainment. The last rugby league world cup in England had a number of rugby league games out rating union tests on FTA tv at the same time. The public chose this preference : not the private/public school officials or a biased newsprint media. Go figure dumbo!?.

This is just a plain lie. Aside from the fact that the RFL actively avoids scheduling England RL games at the same time as the RFU, last years NZ vs England games had attendances of 17000, 26000 and 32000.

The England vs All Blacks game held the day before the third RL test had an attendance of 82000.

Premiership Rugby had a total season attendance of 1,958, 402. With an average attendance of 14507.

Super League had a total season attendance of 1,166,425. With an average attendance of 8547.

Added to this Premiership Rugby has a 135 games per season, where Super League has 180.

Super League's attendance numbers are significantly lower than the Premiership, in the same way that their Test attendances are lower. There hasn't been a Six Nations home game for England in the last decade that hasn't sold out (funnily enough there hasn't ever been an RL Test scheduled on the same day either, because you're a massive liar).

The deluded way you lie about everything to make your point of view stand out borders on the insanity of some AFL fans who genuinely believe the AFL is held back by mysterious outside forces as well.

Stallion

First Grade
This is just a plain lie. Aside from the fact that the RFL actively avoids scheduling England RL games at the same time as the RFU, last years NZ vs England games had attendances of 17000, 26000 and 32000.

The England vs All Blacks game held the day before the third RL test had an attendance of 82000.

Premiership Rugby had a total season attendance of 1,958, 402. With an average attendance of 14507.

Super League had a total season attendance of 1,166,425. With an average attendance of 8547.

Added to this Premiership Rugby has a 135 games per season, where Super League has 180.

Super League's attendance numbers are significantly lower than the Premiership, in the same way that their Test attendances are lower. There hasn't been a Six Nations home game for England in the last decade that hasn't sold out (funnily enough there hasn't ever been an RL Test scheduled on the same day either, because you're a massive liar).

The deluded way you lie about everything to make your point of view stand out borders on the insanity of some AFL fans who genuinely believe the AFL is held back by mysterious outside forces as well.

You idiot! You got the wrong topic! Nothing stated about crowds! TV RATINGS! That's the topic! Seriously there is some dumb shit going on in this site. You union dudes need to read.

ReddFelon

Juniors
You idiot! You got the wrong topic! Nothing stated about crowds! TV RATINGS! That's the topic! Seriously there is some dumb shit going on in this site. You union dudes need to read.

Post a link to any TV ratings, already know you lied about the test matches because they play Tests at the opposite time of the year.

Stallion

First Grade
Post a link to any TV ratings, already know you lied about the test matches because they play Tests at the opposite time of the year.

You are the liar and twister of fact. There were a few games that were featured on the same day in England that clashed. Think England v NZ Kiwis was the rugby league world cup game. This out rated the union test on the same day by 100000s. It must hurt your twisted and biased reflections in sport but it was noted and highlighted in the press. BBC tv aired the tests. Rugby league flogged union on FTA tv in Britain. And this tv ratings pummeling over union happened more than once during this time. f**k you blokes are losers. No common decency and completely disrespectful sods.

ReddFelon

Juniors
You are the liar and twister of fact. There were a few games that were featured on the same day in England that clashed. Think England v NZ Kiwis was the rugby league world cup game. This out rated the union test on the same day by 100000s. It must hurt your twisted and biased reflections in sport but it was noted and highlighted in the press. BBC tv aired the tests. Rugby league flogged union on FTA tv in Britain. And this tv ratings pummeling over union happened more than once during this time. f**k you blokes are losers. No common decency and completely disrespectful sods.

The last time England played NZ in a League world cup was on the 23rd of November 2013.

The English Rugby Union team didn't play a game that entire week because their last match of the year was held on the 16th of November and again was against the All Blacks.

There is an entire weeks difference in the dates of these games, not to mention that the Autumn Internationals aren't broadcast on the BBC, they have an exclusive deal with Sky Sports and the BBC are only allowed to show highlights packages after the match.

And apparently this made up pummelling, that never happened because if it did you'd just link the website that proved it, happened in an alternate universe where all of the broadcast deals weren't in effect.

So...Again you're making things up.