What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split camp

Walpole

Juniors
He was never a good man manager .. he was a mate manager which was fine when surrounded by mates .. but when he actually has to work he is shown to be the great pretender.

A man manager is a bloke who can take a difficult personality and mould them into a premiership winning player ... Bennett and Soward a perfect example.
Bennett was pretty much the only coach who ever got the best out of Soward. He was also the coach when Hunt had his best season ever in 2015 at the Broncos. Not surprisingly, the first thing Bennett did when he arrived at the Dragons was get rid of Mary. Now that's real "man management".

Dragonsamy

Bench
He was never a good man manager .. he was a mate manager which was fine when surrounded by mates .. but when he actually has to work he is shown to be the great pretender.

A man manager is a bloke who can take a difficult personality and mould them into a premiership winning player ... Bennett and Soward a perfect example.

Nailed it

Old Timer

Coach
The split in the camp will end up that the "senior" players will be retained at all costs and the developing players sacrificed.
The reason for that is the senior players may get some traction if they start complaining and telling the truth about Mc Fookknuckle whereas the developing players will be painted as having had a chance they didn't take and they just have sour grapes about being told to look elsewhere.
The divide is already happening with Host back to reggies yet 2 games ago he was an 80 minute player let alone the shitty use of him in the last game, Timms told to look elsewhere, Robson back to reggies and in the meantime Aitken & Lafai remain mandatory selections despite absolutely abysmal form.

_Johnsy

Referee
So until we get a new coach with some real foresight, I'm done.

Same as me, emailed the club asking them to cancel my membership immediately.

I did the same 3 years ago (because of Mary’s ineptness) & I caved the next year & rejoined. Jesus I feel like a knob for giving them my hard earned. Told them only meaningful change (no boys club, no nepotism & return of standards of St. George) would see my $ return.

blacksafake

First Grade
Same as me, emailed the club asking them to cancel my membership immediately.

I did the same 3 years ago (because of Mary’s ineptness) & I caved the next year & rejoined. Jesus I feel like a knob for giving them my hard earned. Told them only meaningful change (no boys club, no nepotism & return of standards of St. George) would see my $ return.
It’s so sad that the club has brought about decisions like this from supporters like you & dare I say it others, myself included.
We’re certainly going to finish near the bottom of the table which should have an affect on membership numbers next year. Hopefully this’ll force the board to act.

Ringas

Juniors
I am hearing that the Dragons are in a huge mess at the moment as there are 2 camps in the sheds. There is a mob that want De Belin around and others that don't want anything to do with him which is killing morale. It is understandable if you have a guy that is charged with a serious crime to be around your players. What would your missus, parents, mates think if you hung around a guy that had a serious charge laying over him? But then again if you have been mates with the guy for a while and feel he is innocent you want him around for his own mental health. It is a tough situation to be in that is for sure. I am hoping it is not that but that could explain a few things.

Does anyone know if this is true or just a rumour?

If so Mary should have addressed this ages ago. But hey, why would he, this is his excuse for the end of the year when the fail to make the 8. Geez I hope the new contact he signed has a clause in the clubs favour that states if the team finishes below 10th they can sack him with no termination compensation.

Ringas

Juniors
How many bloody excuses do they want sounds like a group of school girls man up and have a bloody go spoilt rotten. This group of players need to take a good look at themselves if this is the excuses they are using they are no different to anyone else in the work force work or get the boot

Wittenberg

Juniors
I know Robson, according to several media commentators, is heading to the Cowboys but has Timm and Masters leaving been confirmed?

sco22

Juniors
Bennett was pretty much the only coach who ever got the best out of Soward. He was also the coach when Hunt had his best season ever in 2015 at the Broncos. Not surprisingly, the first thing Bennett did when he arrived at the Dragons was get rid of Mary. Now that's real "man management".
Coach got rid of all the anchors and looked what happened had a very good footy team the only thing that Doust actually did right was getting Coach to the Dragons

Latest posts