What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split camp

Tripper

Juniors
With respect to all these “ I have heard “ comments , they equate to jack-shat and that is about the only thing that is factual - perhaps we should leave this one to the media hyenas as that is their living .
Mate this is fact. Full f**kin stop.

2010Dragons

Bench
I am hearing that the Dragons are in a huge mess at the moment as there are 2 camps in the sheds. There is a mob that want De Belin around and others that don't want anything to do with him which is killing morale. It is understandable if you have a guy that is charged with a serious crime to be around your players. What would your missus, parents, mates think if you hung around a guy that had a serious charge laying over him? But then again if you have been mates with the guy for a while and feel he is innocent you want him around for his own mental health. It is a tough situation to be in that is for sure. I am hoping it is not that but that could explain a few things.

Does anyone know if this is true or just a rumour?

If so Mary should have addressed this ages ago. But hey, why would he, this is his excuse for the end of the year when the fail to make the 8. Geez I hope the new contact he signed has a clause in the clubs favour that states if the team finishes below 10th they can sack him with no termination compensation.
I’m calling bullshit!!
My source who in inner sanctum with close ties to past and present players said it’s all bullshit.

Gareth67

First Grade
Mate this is fact. Full f**kin stop.

You don’t say and which one of the playing group has been confiding in you ?

Don’t be afraid to name names , as only then will it become fact - full fooking stop .

Last edited:

Jersey No 14

Juniors
ClusterF#ck
That's what this season has become.
It started quite optimistic.
I've read a great deal of people's thought about everything.
"They" say a coach looses the dressing shed.
Well what about a club which looses it supporters.
I've plowed a lot of my hard earned into this club - Nothing is going to change.
The management are clearly short sighted: Or they would of refrained from resigning McGregor.
He's had some very handy names under his belt and his limited skills are coming to the fore.
I believe now he is out of his depth - His mannerisms in front of the media are of a man out of control.
He talked about the roster which is his. On paper it's actually pretty good.
His coaching skills - taking about controlling adversary. He has none.
His had this team for some time now and it's clear he can do no more with it.
Paul McGregor is a spent force.

So... What to do?

My thoughts are to vote with my feet - I'm only one, but if another one and so one...
I'm done with this season. No more money for St. George-Illawarra.

We have Penrith next weekend - Remember what they did to us last season...
... And to my point. All the BS St. George-Illawarra have spun, Mary's "D" and who knows what else dribble has come out of his mouth - NOTHING HAS CHANGED
WE"RE WORSE OFF.
Then we play Souths. Then Parra at home.
I'm not going to that game - I'd end up over the fence and in jail.
Look what these C SUCKER have made me even contemplate.

I love my Dragons just as much as you guys. No more, no less.

So until we get a new coach with some real foresight, I'm done.
Someone should also sit our squad down and show them some old footage of what really means to wear a RED V.

There is some very selfish people in our club who are thinking about their own skin as opposed to the true value of what it is to be a mighty DRAGON.

So until these people are dismissed, we'll only be also-rans.
AKA Ground-hogs day, over and over and over again unitl someone I, You (whoever) get it right.

rednwhites

Juniors
You don't have to be gifted to see how unhappy a group they are. Whatever is driving a rift between them or upsetting them; whether its the coach, the JDB situation (which is plausible but I have no info on), just a general poor culture and lack of belief, or homesick players, whatever it is, it is killing any chance we have of competing.

Now while we might not know anything, the board must be aware of issues, and it is disgusting to think nothing has been done about it. Quite clearly it is getting worse not better.

j0nesy

Bench
This is why the stand down is a good idea..

Frees the accused up to prepare for their defence, avoids awkward situations for the others..

But for it to be effective he needs to be stood down from all duties, including training..

I’m pretty sure that’s what the NRL would prefer. As it stands the club is clearly unsupportive of its No Fault Stand Down policy. In fact I’d go as far as to say that the club and coach have been overtly defiant.

BLM01

First Grade
Did he actually
No of cause he did not say this year was a write off, gap year, what ever you want to call it and excuse him for poor performance or not making the 8. When he first hinted that Mary was the man for the job was in the off season after the JDB thing so why would he then excuse him for a year unstarted based on 1 player...
and when was extended we lost the first 2, then won the next 3 this year..then went on to luckily beat Manly.
Then the players have spoken
Possm's like a referee... has his own interpretation of not the rules but the facts.

But a few officials at CRL and even a player manager told me that they reckon BJ is the man to get us to where we need to be after how many years was it of one CEO.
I am willing to give him time after the debacle of the past 20 odd years and remember he does answer to the board and can not run his own ship.
The board itself...well we will see.
However if we finish where we are i will be very intertested to see what the board does do about this failure of the final 2/3rds of the comp again.

Last edited:

saints4ever

First Grade
No of cause he did not say this year was a write off, gap year, what ever you want to call it and excuse him for poor performance or not making the 8. When he first hinted that Mary was the man for the job was in the off season after the JDB thing so why would he then excuse him for a year unstarted based on 1 player...
and when was extended we lost the first 2, then won the next 3 this year..then went on to luckily beat Manly.
Then the players have spoken
Possm's like a referee... has his own interpretation of not the rules but the facts.

But a few officials at CRL and even a player manager told me that they reckon BJ is the man to get us to where we need to be after how many years was it of one CEO.
I am willing to give him time after the debacle of the past 20 odd years and remember he does answer to the board and can not run his own ship.
The board itself...well we will see.
However if we finish where we are i will be very intertested to see what the board does do about this failure of the final 2/3rds of the comp again.
I've got your answer. f**k all

jak

Bench
I am hearing that the Dragons are in a huge mess at the moment as there are 2 camps in the sheds. There is a mob that want De Belin around and others that don't want anything to do with him which is killing morale. It is understandable if you have a guy that is charged with a serious crime to be around your players. What would your missus, parents, mates think if you hung around a guy that had a serious charge laying over him? But then again if you have been mates with the guy for a while and feel he is innocent you want him around for his own mental health. It is a tough situation to be in that is for sure. I am hoping it is not that but that could explain a few things.

Does anyone know if this is true or just a rumour?

If so Mary should have addressed this ages ago. But hey, why would he, this is his excuse for the end of the year when the fail to make the 8. Geez I hope the new contact he signed has a clause in the clubs favour that states if the team finishes below 10th they can sack him with no termination compensation.
very well stated,great post mate.

Latest posts