What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

___

Juniors
My cousins 21st birthday was a couple of weeks ago and at the party there were photos of me and my cousins having a great time together as kids. On my dad's side we were born around the same time so we were all similar ages.

Hanging out with my cousins was a beautiful memory. One of the happiest times in what was a somewhat challenging childhood for me.
Yeah I have a similar one too mate. When we were all kids we used to do things like go to the movies together, play video games together, play sports together - all memories.

Back in the day, a lot of jobs that now require college degrees and all that, could be done with year 10 or year 12.

So you didn’t have to go into debt, work part time or hit the parents up to study uni.

Uni was harder to get into, but once you made it, it was free.

Accountants and those possessed with numbers run the world now. Wasteful, mindless and inhuman.

You could go to hospital and get seen to almost straight away and not risk death or being assaulted in the waiting room.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Back in the day, a lot of jobs that now require college degrees and all that, could be done with year 10 or year 12.

So you didn’t have to go into debt, work part time or hit the parents up to study uni.

Uni was harder to get into, but once you made it, it was free.

Accountants and those possessed with numbers run the world now. Wasteful, mindless and inhuman.

You could go to hospital and get seen to almost straight away and not risk death or being assaulted in the waiting room.
I did two degrees as a mature age student after gaining a TAFE certificate back in 1981. HECS can go to hell.

I did two degrees as a mature age student after gaining a TAFE certificate back in 1981. HECS can go to hell.

Yeah the whole idea of hecs was to introduce user pays and expand the uni places and indeed that happened. But the net result was a wasteful paper chase because the job providers just wanted a degree instead of the hsc.

So my niece who studied journalism at uni is now managing 7 small retail stores.

Another young relative, studied environmental science and is now a feared health inspector busting small food outlets for “not enough roach pieces” in their aging sausage rolls.

I could be wrong, but in the day, news seemed to be generally interesting and true. Now it’s almost always fake and who cares about the cousins aneurysm in ’wifeswaps visits botswana’ More worrying, people actually watch this crap.

That’s where league is good, especially live, because it’s all played out in front of you. Nowhere to hide. Your stupidity and incompetence is real and apparent!!

I’m sick of the Israel story, it’s so boring. I couldn’t care less if we wins or loses anything. Just want him out of the news, I’d rather watch the banner ads here on league unlimited.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Yeah the whole idea of hecs was to introduce user pays and expand the uni places and indeed that happened. But the net result was a wasteful paper chase because the job providers just wanted a degree instead of the hsc.

So my niece who studied journalism at uni is now managing 7 small retail stores.

Another young relative, studied environmental science and is now a feared health inspector busting small food outlets for “not enough roach pieces” in their aging sausage rolls.

I could be wrong, but in the day, news seemed to be generally interesting and true. Now it’s almost always fake and who cares about the cousins aneurysm in ’wifeswaps visits botswana’ More worrying, people actually watch this crap.

That’s where league is good, especially live, because it’s all played out in front of you. Nowhere to hide. Your stupidity and incompetence is real and apparent!!

I’m sick of the Israel story, it’s so boring. I couldn’t care less if we wins or loses anything. Just want him out of the news, I’d rather watch the banner ads here on league unlimited.
We are of like minds without a doubt.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
In regards to HECs, there are a lot of people out the that have benefitted from the scheme but had deliberately kept their reported income low so as not to repay the handout!.

In regards to HECs, there are a lot of people out the that have benefitted from the scheme but had deliberately kept their reported income low so as not to repay the handout!.

Most payg might not have the choice but I’m sure it happens.

The problem with teaching in the university sectors is that just about all the lecturers etc aren’t qualified to teach and the subjects aren’t overly relevant and constructive.

You tell a kid that society is to blame, all men suck and we should walk everywhere and eat carrots and the kid gets a sense of entitlement and has false expectations of life.

Life is hard work and generally sux.

If they taught that, kids would be happier and more productive when they left uni and found out their employer actually paid them.

Rugby league is escapism, I love it.

___

Juniors
1990s-Toys.jpg

Zadar

Juniors
Every household entertainment unit used to have something that would resemble this...

images

My favourite VHS tape had “basketball 1992 olympics Lithuania v Venezuela”
Written on the label, but a much more exciting movie was actually on it, it was a good way to make sure nobody would pick it up and play something that didn’t need to be seen by others in the household :grin:

___

Juniors
My favourite VHS tape had “basketball 1992 olympics Lithuania v Venezuela”
Written on the label, but a much more exciting movie was actually on it, it was a good way to make sure nobody would pick it up and play something that didn’t need to be seen by others in the household :grin:
We need a laughing emoji for this lol.

The mighty dirt bike run in what used to be the bush down the road. Rrrahh! Rahhh! and then a few times up to Mt Panorama for a 2am belting around the track.

The scrub is now a national wilderness area walk or something, home of the endangered bong-mouthed tree ferret.

There wasn’t much cultural awareness back in the day and people used to wonder what strange and foreign country aboriginal folk came from.

Over the summer I got to visit a sacred site swimming pool that no women were allowed to be at.

Last edited:
1B36A586-B3B1-4A8B-9D9C-DF8BE2ECCDEE.jpeg
Here is a photo of the sacred site on a cloudy day. It was used for initiation and secret men’s stuff. Whilst I was allowed to swim there, I decided not to out of respect. I didn’t qualify with any of the rites and tests etc the young blokes had to before being allowed in.
We found garbage and butts and crap around the place.

Latest posts