What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Brown

Spot On

Coach
The excuses for losing need to stop.

We have plenty of experience in our squad.

We have 5 origin players.

We have all the resources we need.

We have incredible support when playing at home. A fantastic stadium.

We have spent years developing players within the club and recruited what we didn't have.

Sure we are not a Melbourne or Roosters and are still somewhat a 'work in progress' but I don't need a f**king research article on games played to tell me losing to Wests, Bulldogs and Warriors AT HOME is nothing short of inexcusable and simply not good enough.

The standard was always to get 50 NRL games into a player to help 'season' him so he could compete weekly at the NRL level. For most players that comes well into their 3rd or maybe 4th season depending on circumstances at the club ie injuries to said player or others in their position or rep players missing games or just their ability to stay in the side at a young age etc etc.

They have had plenty of off seasons now.

Do we need more origin players???

There is still plenty of time and games to win to get a semi final game this year. We just need to play like we want to win.

The excuses must stop.

Last edited:

TooheysNew

Coach
I get it. The season is done, it sucks.. But the logic here is priceless.

Knights win - Wolfe is the best! Deserves all credit! Brown does nothing.

Knights lose with defense getting worse by the week - Wolfe for head coach! Brown deserves all the blame.

Wait what?

If Wolfe gets credit for the early season resolve in defense he equally shares the blame when we leak points.

Anything outside of that is really just illogical.
Only by the idiots.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm talking game time, as do coaches when considering balance of experience within a squad. Check the NRL games experience. There's articles on the amount of NRL games within a squad to win a GF.

I started swimming in 1973. Unfortunately I have no where near 46 years swimming experience.
Well in terms of first grade experience, we've actually got a more experienced squad than a lot of the team's above us like Storm, Rabbitohs, Manly, Canberra, and Penrith.
stat-attack---games_201902002.jpg

Spot On

Coach
I see Manly are the second least experienced team this season.

They were always going to 'be a team in progress'.

They'd be 'delusional to read the media click bait'.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Well in terms of first grade experience, we've actually got a more experienced squad than a lot of the team's above us like Storm, Rabbitohs, Manly, Canberra, and Penrith.
stat-attack---games_201902002.jpg
not in terms of spine experience or crucial areas. A good deal of NRL games that boosts our average is on the wing. - SKD. Example Roosters 860 NRL game experience (spine) - twice as much as us. I note in you're above graph it shows the Broncos with as much NRL experience as we do yet all former players now commentators refer to the their inexperience and youth. Have a look at Souths on that graph then look at critical positions and note the experience.

aqua_duck

Coach
not in terms of spine experience or crucial areas. A good deal of NRL games that boosts our average is on the wing. - SKD. Example Roosters 860 NRL game experience (spine) - twice as much as us. I note in you're above graph it shows the Broncos with as much NRL experience as we do yet all former players now commentators refer to the their inexperience and youth. Have a look at Souths on that graph then look at critical positions and note the experience.
Souths spine:
Adam Douehi: 21 games
Cody Walker: 87 games
Adam Reynolds: 175 games
Cook: 90 games
Combined: 373 games

Us:
Ponga: 43 games
Mann: 103 games
Pearce: 271 games
Levi: 81 games
Combined: 498 games

Knight Vision

First Grade
Souths spine:
Adam Douehi: 21 games
Cody Walker: 87 games
Adam Reynolds: 175 games
Cook: 90 games
Combined: 373 games

Us:
Ponga: 43 games
Mann: 103 games
Pearce: 271 games
Levi: 81 games
Combined: 498 games

Depending on if you have Mann, or Lino, or Watson , or Ponga or ...........theyre stable combination....I'm not talking a 100 or so games.....I'm talking hundreds which makes a difference in a footy side. Our squad given a year or so more experience will be a much much better outfit than the one we wee today.

Souths pack

our pack

= experienced men against boys.on a learning curve

newyboy

Juniors
Do we need more origin players???
No, We need to do what Canberra has done and go International. Brown was a coach at 2 Super League clubs, so he must have contacts.

I still say that 100 players are working at McDonalds in the USA who have more talent, ability etc than any player who has ever pulled on a rugby league boot. Hell the Hayne Plane was the best we had and to be honest, he didn't even rate in the top 1000 athletes in the USA. That's not to mention Union players from the UK, SA Etc,

aqua_duck

Coach
Depending on if you have Mann, or Lino, or Watson , or Ponga or ...........theyre stable combination....I'm not talking a 100 or so games.....I'm talking hundreds which makes a difference in a footy side. Our squad given a year or so more experience will be a much much better outfit than the one we wee today.

Souths pack

our pack

= experienced men against boys.on a learning curve
Now you're literally making up numbers, Souths entire pack including 4 bench forwards that played in the weekend had 785 games experience, we had 925 games
As for the spine, we've had the same spine the past 2 weeks and for probably 10 games or so.
I mean look at Canberra and manly, they've got way less experience than us.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Now you're literally making up numbers, Souths entire pack including 4 bench forwards that played in the weekend had 785 games experience, we had 925 games
As for the spine, we've had the same spine the past 2 weeks and for probably 10 games or so.
I mean look at Canberra and manly, they've got way less experience than us.

Maybe the Souths pack that nearly lost on the weekend......but Souths preferred and usual starting pack that tramples the opposition - including the 3 Burgess brothers has 923 games experience.- not including any first grade experience in England. Sam Burgess and Sutton alone have almost the same experience as our entire pack. - 502

Our usual pack of Dsaf , Klemmer, Levi, Fitz, Barny and Glasby = 537 ( edit 542)

The measure isnt entirely on NRL games - its also on big game experience= pressure. Have a look at their pack and the top teams for that matter. They all have multiple premiership caps, international games ( for top tier teams) to go along with NRL experience and maturity.- in key areas we lack.

As Ponga and Dsaf mature and gain more experience in SOO and the squad as a whole gain experience in pressure games and the grind of the NRL season playing and with expectation ( high standards ) we will see our premiership window open.....exciting times ahead. This season is just a bump in the road to our next Premiership.

Last edited:

TooheysNew

Coach
No, We need to do what Canberra has done and go International. Brown was a coach at 2 Super League clubs, so he must have contacts.

I still say that 100 players are working at McDonalds in the USA who have more talent, ability etc than any player who has ever pulled on a rugby league boot. Hell the Hayne Plane was the best we had and to be honest, he didn't even rate in the top 1000 athletes in the USA. That's not to mention Union players from the UK, SA Etc,
This gets trotted out all the time and it's rubbish. It's a completely different sport, that they trained their whole life for.

What we need to do is get those athletes early, and teach them league then. But good luck competing with NFL $.

Frederick

Staff member
There's some pretty decent players running around in the European lower futbol leagues...maybe we should get them because they'll have a better kicking game than our current halves?

Spot On

Coach

Brown has been here 3 yrs and not a Pommie in sight except for the bloke we had for a few games who went back home pretty quickly.