What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary safe. But Hornby and Young facing the axe

BennyV

Referee
I read these rumours on Facebook and it hurt.
I’m marginally relieved to read them in a mickeylane rumour thread, means it’s unlikely to happen. My only concern is that he said it’s very close to being done...if he said it’s guaranteed then we could breathe easy in the knowledge that it will never happen!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I read these rumours on Facebook and it hurt.
I’m marginally relieved to read them in a mickeylane rumour thread, means it’s unlikely to happen. My only concern is that he said it’s very close to being done...if he said it’s guaranteed then we could breathe easy in the knowledge that it will never happen!
I agree....next

ST Tangles 01

Juniors
Barrett should coach SOO it was the only time of the year he looked interested when playing for us.
If he were to comeback to us we are simply repeating mistakes from the past.
If recent history tells us anything we need a strong coach that has had nothing to do with our club previously.

possm

Coach
Barrett should coach SOO it was the only time of the year he looked interested when playing for us.
If he were to comeback to us we are simply repeating mistakes from the past.
If recent history tells us anything we need a strong coach that has had nothing to do with our club previously.

I would say that the first thing we need is an SGI football club who's Board members are held accountable through annual elections to the Board; voted on by SGI full members.

Then for that professional Board to sack Mary and replace him with either Toovey or Griffin.

Then clean out the deadwood in our roster and bring back some price and discipline to our first grade team.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I actually feel for Mary tbh, he wouldn’t be happy at all about those two getting sacked. He’s not a bad bloke, and I genuinely like the fella, that’s not to say he is the right man for the job but still all this is a mess and celebrating people’s careers collapsing is never a great thing to do.

TruSaint

Referee
I actually feel for Mary tbh, he wouldn’t be happy at all about those two getting sacked. He’s not a bad bloke, and I genuinely like the fella, that’s not to say he is the right man for the job but still all this is a mess and celebrating people’s careers collapsing is never a great thing to do.

TruSaint

Referee

I used to feel like that.

No longer. They get paid very well to do a job they love. Straight from playing footy to a nice job in the industry. I don't begrudge anyone of them, as they did not appoint themselves. However, from Mary down they have failed and in any other industry they would have been gone long ago.

The lot of them.

I feel for the hard working fans that get up week in week out, planning their schedules around games, paying good money to support the club. Mary and co will be fine.

Dragons 09

Juniors

f**k him! And f**k the board while we're at it. If he was "not a bad bloke", he would have already done the honourable thing and walked rather than bring the team to its knees through his incompetence, ego, stubbornness, backstabbing self-righteous ways. I use to hope he would be moved on quickly and quietly before he embarrassed himself, but not now, he deserves everything he gets. He's poison.

TruSaint

Referee
f**k him! And f**k the board while we're at it. If he was "not a bad bloke", he would have already done the honourable thing and walked rather than bring the team to its knees through his incompetence, ego, stubbornness, backstabbing self-righteous ways. I use to hope he would be moved on quickly and quietly before he embarrassed himself, but not now, he deserves everything he gets. He's poison.

I wanna know what you really feel ;):)

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I partially wrote that post to see how much I got roasted:joy:

Wittenberg

Juniors
Mary is safe and yet WE, a team which possesses five Origin stars and, from time to time, two English internationals, are on the SAME points as the Bulldogs! Now I have admired how Pay’s men put in, a great example was tonight’s win over the Panthers but the Dogs are a very, very average side but they are EQUAL with US. Mary is safe but the Club and it’s fans are not. Yes injuries, yes JDB but just sit back and run your eye over our squad and look at that of the Bulldogs. That really puts our coach and the spirit of his side in perspective. Yet the media continues to push the ‘keep Mary’ campaign and our CEO and Board sit on their hands. A disgrace.

TruSaint

Referee
Mary is safe and yet WE, a team which possesses five Origin stars and, from time to time, two English internationals, are on the SAME points as the Bulldogs! Now I have admired how Pay’s men put in, a great example was tonight’s win over the Panthers but the Dogs are a very, very average side but they are EQUAL with US. Mary is safe but the Club and it’s fans are not. Yes injuries, yes JDB but just sit back and run your eye over our squad and look at that of the Bulldogs. That really puts our coach and the spirit of his side in perspective. Yet the media continues to push the ‘keep Mary’ campaign and our CEO and Board sit on their hands. A disgrace.

Nailed it.
Gutsy win by the Dogs and I posted elsewhere they looked like they wanted it bad. Look at their squad on "paper" and compare. Its f**king embarrassing.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I used to feel like that.

No longer. They get paid very well to do a job they love. Straight from playing footy to a nice job in the industry. I don't begrudge anyone of them, as they did not appoint themselves. However, from Mary down they have failed and in any other industry they would have been gone long ago.

The lot of them.

I feel for the hard working fans that get up week in week out, planning their schedules around games, paying good money to support the club. Mary and co will be fine.

Agreed.

I too use to think Mary would probably be a half decent sort of guy but with continued refusal to concede he is out of his depth and after 5 years, if he had any decency and love for the badge, he'd resign.

No, he's just bleeding the club for as long as he can....... nothing more.
Total arrogance and ignorance.