What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

greenBV4

Bench
So basically half of phase 4 will be exclusive to disney plus subscribers? And its the first phase to not have any team up movie? Or is this not the whole phase?

shiznit

Coach
So basically half of phase 4 will be exclusive to disney plus subscribers? And its the first phase to not have any team up movie? Or is this not the whole phase?
Good question... I always assumed each phase ended with an avengers movie...

D23 is next month maybe they will expand then...

shiznit

Coach
7 MCU films in 2021...

I'll see What If...?, Doctor Strange and maybe Loki for free, the rest look boring as shit.

5 Films for 2021 I think...

Black Widow, Eternals, Shang-Chi, Dr Strange 2 & Thor 4.

Falcon/Winter Soldier, Wandavision, Loki, What If? & Hawkeye are all Disney+ series.

2022 I’m guessing will be Blade, F4, X-Men etc...

shiznit

Coach

No avengers film in this phase...

TBH it sounded like Feige has closed the door on the avengers.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Nothing here really gets me too excited.
Maybe I’ve just had my fill of the MCU for a while and I’ll get more amped the closer these get.
Not sure if I’m a fan of the female Thor (Natalie Portman). Don’t know the story of how it happens but seems a little tacky to me on the surface.

shiznit

Coach
Bosslogic into his work quickly... :joy::joy:

EAAaS4JUcAIge8u.jpg

Game_Breaker

Coach
Nothing here really gets me too excited.
Maybe I’ve just had my fill of the MCU for a while and I’ll get more amped the closer these get.
Not sure if I’m a fan of the female Thor (Natalie Portman). Don’t know the story of how it happens but seems a little tacky to me on the surface.

It is in the comics
But I was hoping they’d recast the role, Portman is a terrible choice

shiznit

Coach
It is in the comics
But I was hoping they’d recast the role, Portman is a terrible choice
It would have been pretty cool if they gave the hammer to lady sif considering people made a big deal about her absence from Ragnarok and the fact she was obviously in love with him in the earlier films.

But I’m guessing Jane Foster plays an important role in the comic which is why they had to use Portman...

I agree though... I wasn’t a fan of her last showing in The Dark World.

bileduct

Coach
Jane Foster became Thor in the comics in 2014, after Natalie Portman had already been cast for the role in the first two movies.

I suspect it will be a one movie only thing and she'll be dead at the end of it.

Matua

Bench
It would have been pretty cool if they gave the hammer to lady sif considering people made a big deal about her absence from Ragnarok and the fact she was obviously in love with him in the earlier films.

But I’m guessing Jane Foster plays an important role in the comic which is why they had to use Portman...

I agree though... I wasn’t a fan of her last showing in The Dark World.
IMHO, The Dark World was bollocks, you can't really base anything on that - if that was what Chris Hemsworth was based on then he'd be considered pretty crap.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jane Foster becomes Thor, and later Valkyrie...yeah, she's a fairly important character.

That, and the cancer she must fight while in her mortal form, make her a very interesting character.

shiznit

Coach
I know no one else seems too bothered but I’m pretty interested in Falcon & The Winter Soldier series...

I’m hoping that it will be a spy/espionage type series... expanding on Zemo sounds great.

images

My favourite villain is Victor Von Doom... I’m just hoping Marvel Studios can do justice to him...

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Jane Foster becomes Thor, and later Valkyrie...yeah, she's a fairly important character.

That, and the cancer she must fight while in her mortal form, make her a very interesting character.
I can't see Portman hanging around for a bunch of films, so I'm thinking they'll use the cancer thing to kill her off while doing something heroic.

nöyd

Staff member
Ok so I know I'm about 12 months behind, but I'm a shiftworker and I'm not that into comic books (despite starting this thread).

I don't have the time (or the ability to stay awake) to go the cinema to see movies that run for 3+ hours.

I don't care about who is meant to do what because the comics say so, why "he" did that and why "she" died etc. etc. All the nitpicky stuff that folk obsess over.

Ultimately, as far as these movies go, I just wanna be entertained.

So I just watched Endgame, totally blown away. I predict I will watch it again another 5 times in the next 2 or so weeks at least.

4.99 stars out of 5, because, well, nothing is perfect.

Except The Dark Knight. ;)

18to87

First Grade
Terrible news - Spider-Man no longer in the MCU:

Disney asked that future Spider-Man films be a 50/50 co-financing arrangement between the studios, and there were discussions that this might extend to other films in the Spider-Man universe. Sony turned that offer down flat, and I don’t believe they even came back to the table to figure out a compromise. Led by Tom Rothman and Tony Vinciquerra, Sony just simply didn’t want to share its biggest franchise. Sony proposed keeping the arrangement going under the current terms where Marvel receives in the range of 5% of first dollar gross, sources said. Disney refused.

Two more movies were planned allegedly.

Sources said there are two more Spider-Man films in the works that are meant to have director Jon Watts and Tom Holland front and center. Unless something dramatic happens, Feige won’t be the lead creative producer of those pictures.

Frederick

Staff member
Without Feige involved, I fully expect those next Spiderman movies to be terrible.

What a shame. Wonder how they resolve this in the MCU too