What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Matua

Bench
I like his stuff, much rather him than Hack Snyder direct any more Superman or Batman movies.

Matua

Bench
I don’t agree.
I love Man of steel and really like the BvS directors cut. I like the different, darker take on the characters personally.
I don't agree with your disagreement. ;)

I found both to be almost unwatchable, not a fan of the darker take on the characters, especially Superman as I don't think it fits him at all. Cavill is a decent actor and Batfleck made a good Batman but they were squandered in a brooding slow drama rather than in a 'comic book' film.

Anyway, each to their own.

Timbo

Staff member
Saw Spider-Man: Far From Home this evening.

I think I’m going to have to think on this one for a while before I make up my mind if I liked it or not. And I’ve loved basically every Marvel film for a while.

There were, for mine, enough inconsistencies and issues of logic that I lost my suspension of disbelief a few times.

Although I hope that that post credits scene addresses some of that down the line.

I saw and liked Dark Phoenix.

Totally understand the hate it's getting but on the other hand, I got to sit back for 2 hours and watch a bit of fluff...without the missus or the kids.

I was a bit shitty Quicksilver wasn't in it. Or Wolverine. Or Colossous. Would be interested in the original ending they filmed too. Seems far too many movies these days get made and re-made before release.

bileduct

Coach
I saw and liked Dark Phoenix.

Totally understand the hate it's getting but on the other hand, I got to sit back for 2 hours and watch a bit of fluff...without the missus or the kids.

I was a bit shitty Quicksilver wasn't in it. Or Wolverine. Or Colossous. Would be interested in the original ending they filmed too. Seems far too many movies these days get made and re-made before release.
Quicksilver was in it.

His other appearances were some of the more memorable moments of those films. In this one he returns right near the end just to remind you he got knocked out or something when they confronted Jean Grey the first time.

Quicksilver was in it.

His other appearances were some of the more memorable moments of those films. In this one he returns right near the end just to remind you he got knocked out or something when they confronted Jean Grey the first time.

Sorry...clumsily phrased in my OP.

Had a bit part. Not main cast.

Parra Pride

Coach
Far From Home might be my favourite Spider-man movie. Will have to re-watch to decide if it tops Spiderverse, but it's definitely my favourite of the live action stuff.

I haven't seen a MCU movie for 2 plus years.

I had a conversation with mates who watched End Game and bullshitted my way through the whole thing, basically guessing plot points and action sequences and left the conversation with them thinking I'd seen it too...to the point one of them later asked me if I'd be keen to see it again. LOL.

18to87

First Grade
Far From Home was great. The movie was enjoyable and even as a Spiderman fanboy, I did not see the plot twist until maybe 3 minutes before it happened. The mid and post-credits scenes were really interesting (and slightly shocking considering the move which preceded them) and give you a pretty good idea of where Spiderman and Marvel/Avengers is heading.

Latest posts