What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24: Parra v Broncos LIVE GAME DAY thread 30/8/19

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's done a terrible job this year. We've only moved 10 spots up the ladder! I wanted at least 12!
Limping into 6th in this bog average comp is nothing to be flicking your bean over, sure it beats last year but there is f**k all between us and 14th IMO. And we are light years away from competing with the big boys. And one of the reasons I can see is the coach.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Limping into 6th in this bog average comp is nothing to be flicking your bean over, sure it beats last year but there is f**k all between us and 14th IMO. And we are light years away from competing with the big boys. And one of the reasons I can see is the coach.
I knew you'd go with 'the comp is shit' as an argument. I'm confident we will get better but expecting us to improve more than we have this year is geniused. Find something meaningful to complain about you kraken munching, lime scooter riding turd!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I knew you'd go with 'the comp is shit' as an argument. I'm confident we will get better but expecting us to improve more than we have this year is geniused. Find something meaningful to complain about you kraken munching, lime scooter riding turd!
6 seasons in with this bloke and we are still a dumb side that takes the easy options all the time. Our defence has been poor for most of his time here and our attack has always seemed clunky even through we have had some great attacking players. Mentally we are still weak as piss and we do the 1% poorly.

After 6 seasons what have you seen from Arthur that will tell you we can win a comp under him??? He still struggles to pick a decent bench let alone rotate one properly after 6 years. We are coming into a premiership window IMO and we don’t want to waste it on a coach not being good enough to take us to the next level like the Dragons have done. But you be happy with being average because for Parra I suppose it’s very exciting.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Ha ha clunky attack - we are 5th best attack only 5 points from 3rd ......

All with a half with 12 or so games, a hooker in his first full year of NRL, a spine with only 12 games together. Oh yeah add a winger in his first year of NRL and a centre / edge forward / winger in their first year at the game....

Actually looking at where we were last year and changes we have made to our squad, along with the rookies in our spine, 2019 has been a pretty decent year!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ha ha clunky attack - we are 5th best attack only 5 points from 3rd ......

All with a half with 12 or so games, a hooker in his first full year of NRL, a spine with only 12 games together. Oh yeah add a winger in his first year of NRL and a centre / edge forward / winger in their first year at the game....
Is Bellamy coaching in the Q Cup yet???

Glenneel

Bench
Stefano missed the first 9 weeks.
He needed atleast 12 games in Nsw cup before nrl. Perhaps a go in rnd 20 but that was a time where games where very important.
We blooded Parry,Brown and Sivo this year.
Last year Kafusi,Stone,Mahoney,Nikuore,Salmon
And next year I reckon Stefano might be the only one with the others all getting more time.
9 in 3yrs is a decent effort. Panthers had 7 this year and it shows. Easier to blood guys when getting beaten.
If we can have 2-3 juniors getting a run each year and debut then we are in a healthy position.
Both Stefano and Kaufusi were selected in under 20s SOO this year. Must mean they are considered within top few best young props going around. Also must mean they have some skill to bring to NRL team when our bench is virtually bringing none.

Glenneel

Bench
Cost him his job?
He’s just taken us to the Finals. BA isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
So you're happy with us making the finals every few years, throw in 1 or 2 spoons and no GF appearances? Even coaches who get you to a GF get sacked eventually. Brian Smith says hi.

T.S Quint

Coach
So you're happy with us making the finals every few years, throw in 1 or 2 spoons and no GF appearances? Even coaches who get you to a GF get sacked eventually. Brian Smith says hi.

I’m happy with us making the Finals in (probably) 6th place after finishing last last year.
This isn’t about whether I think BA should never be replaced, I just don’t think his job is on the line this year even if he loses the next two games.
If he gets us to the Finals again next year I would think he will see out his current contract.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

BA has now coached the eels to enough wins to play finals for 3 of the last 4 years. So it appears last year was the outer!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Arthur's use, and prior selection of, the bench is quite puzzling.

However, we are not privy to the mechanics of what is happening behind th scenes.

I am sure that there are reasons why Kaufusi, Utoikamanu, and Mannah are getting no game time, and I trust the coach, who knows first-hand about any issues, to make the call.

T.S Quint

Coach
Just on this game, by the way, I don’t think people are giving the Broncos enough credit for winning this game. I thought their defence was fantastic pretty much all night and frustrated us out of the match. Yes they did get some calls going their way, but we had many opportunities to score and the Broncos held us out time and time again, and not always because of our inept attack.

We did well to get back to 16-16 and probably should have won the game in the end but a brief lack of concentration and a couple of great individual plays from them got them the two points. Sucks, but it was a good game.

Also, golden point is shit. Draw would have been fine for a game like that.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ha ha ha, surely you can do better then that...

Anyhow probably a good chance he would be if he took that tigers job .....
Yeah I’m sure he would, hard for him to get a job when coaching geniuses like BA, Mary and Nathan Brown are around........

:neutral_face:

84 Baby

Referee
Just on this game, by the way, I don’t think people are giving the Broncos enough credit for winning this game. I thought their defence was fantastic pretty much all night and frustrated us out of the match. Yes they did get some calls going their way, but we had many opportunities to score and the Broncos held us out time and time again, and not always because of our inept attack.

We did well to get back to 16-16 and probably should have won the game in the end but a brief lack of concentration and a couple of great individual plays from them got them the two points. Sucks, but it was a good game.

Also, golden point is shit. Draw would have been fine for a game like that.
I thought Boncos played about as well as they are going to this year. Their only player who was probably below his average was Milford.

We on the other hand did not play as well as we could. Which is both a good and bad thing

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Broncos were rubbish on the edge and we barely went there all game, I mean Alex Glenn was on the same side as Blake and he barely got the ball the first half. We played dumb as usual and barely tested them.

I went to the game with Bronco fans and they couldn’t believe we barely tested them on that edge. I could.

84 Baby

Referee
Broncos were rubbish on the edge and we barely went there all game, I mean Alex Glenn was on the same side as Blake and he barely got the ball the first half. We played dumb as usual and barely tested them.

I went to the game with Bronco fans and they couldn’t believe we barely tested them on that edge. I could.
And yet we only lost in golden point

lingard

Coach
Our best chance is against Souths. They are done for the year and waiting to be shown the door.

Ideally, we want to be playing the Tigers in the first game, having come fifth, and then Souths in the second week.

We'd ideally also like to have Canberra pull off an upset against the Roosters in Week 1, so we face them in Week 3.

I think this is the best chance for us to jag a GF appearance.

I think ideally we play Broncos first up. They wont beat us again in such a short space of time.

Latest posts