What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24: Parra v Broncos LIVE GAME DAY thread 30/8/19

Gazzamatta

Coach
Best to look at other coaches also.
Cleary was meant to be the polish that wins Panthers a title. Flop
Seibold as above Flop
Dragon a top 4 chance. Flop
Knights with Klemmer and Ramien will make top 8. Flop
Titans. Disaster
Warrriors. Same old
Sharks if miss 8. Flop
Nth Qld will be back. Flop

Id say 8 coaches flopped.

Id say 2 or 3 did as expected in Bennet,Bellamy,Robinson,But still a job well done.
And Pay,Stuart,Mcguire,BA and Des all did better then fans expected and should be happy with where their side finished and how they played.
Holbrook was the man but thats now gone. To be honest I really dont rate anyone else. At the very least we need greater support for BA. I hope The Berns replacement knows his stuff.

84 Baby

Referee
So if we won the title in 2018 then finished as we have this year, that would actually be worse than going from last to the finals?
I don’t think that’d matter. Most posters on here are just vengeful spirits refusing to move onto the afterlife until we win another title. This place would be dead if we won. Like legit deceased

T.S Quint

Coach
Funny, when we get to the finals, BA has taken us there. But when we came last, it was the players' fault or bad luck or a multitude of other reasons.

I’ve never said that last year’s result was none of BA’s fault, but as you say I wasn’t all on him. Just as this year’s result isn’t all due to him either.
There is no questioning that he is the leader of the team as the head coach though, so yes he has taken us to the Finals, just as he took us to a spoon last year.

what the f**k are you on about and who are you talking shit with now?
It was a follow up to my previous post which was a reply to Gary's statement that "A decision on whether we arsehole him going forward will be based on what he brings to the table since he was lastsigned.
Right now, he can point to us going from last tothe finals."

I could have made it easier by hitting reply but it's not that hard to follow. Which part was shit?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Why would he get credit for taking us from last to the finals? If he's responsible for taking us to the finals then he's also responsible for us coming last. We've won three more games than we've lost and have a less than stellar points differential of +44. It really is a mediocre competition this year.
So he isn't responsible for us coming last?

I must have dreamt about all of the merkins calling for his head.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So if we won the title in 2018 then finished as we have this year, that would actually be worse than going from last to the finals?
What sort of dickarse question is that?

Of course it f**ken is.

If we won last year and maintained a similar squad then surely we'd have higher expectations than we currently do.

IFR33K

Coach
Funny, when we don't make the finals it is BA's fault, but when we do the same stingy, unreasonable merkins can't give him any f**ken credit for it!

#TwoCanPlayThisGame

Gary simple question. I want your honest answer.

Do you think BA is capable of delivering the eels a premiership, based on what you’ve seen the past 5-6 years??

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Do you think BA is capable of delivering the eels a premiership, based on what you’ve seen the past 5-6 years??
No one seems to want to answer they question mate, and if the answer is no why would we waste another 2 years on him??? We are coming into a premiership window do we really want to waste it on a bloke not good enough???

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Coaches don't deliver premierships. Premierships come about because of the contributions of players, coaching staff and the administration.

Do I think we can win a comp with BA as coach? Not sure, but I am more confident this year than I was last year.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No one seems to want to answer they question mate, and if the answer is no why would we waste another 2 years on him??? We are coming into a premiership window do we really want to waste it on a bloke not good enough???
Its not a very good question.

Tell us what your alternative is and then we can gauge whether it is better than what we currently have.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Tell us what your alternative is and then we can gauge whether it is better than what we currently have.
Well I wanted him gone last year, instead the board piss farted around waited till we got belted by 60 and decided to extend him.

I wanted Holbrook, I stated that last year and now the Titans have snapped him up. Adam O’brien Is another highly thought of option and he’s gone as well. So we are left with the dregs, so all the best options are likely off the table. There is no point with a recycled coach IMO they just don’t work. Besides Bennett and Sheens both with great track records no coach from another club has won in well over 20 years.

Oh and I notice you still have avoided the question. Is it that hard??

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well I wanted him gone last year, instead the board piss farted around waited till we got belted by 60 and decided to extend him.

I wanted Holbrook, I stated that last year and now the Titans have snapped him up. Adam O’brien Is another highly thought of option and he’s gone as well. So we are left with the dregs, so all the best options are likely off the table. There is no point with a recycled coach IMO they just don’t work. Besides Bennett and Sheens both with great track records no coach from another club has won in well over 20 years.

Oh and I notice you still have avoided the question. Is it that hard??
Read through my previous posts and the answer is there for you.

I wanted him gone last year when we had some better alternatives available.

Now that we don't have those alternatives available and we are going much better it doesn't make sense.

Only a Parra fan would come up with such a nonsense suggestion.

IFR33K

Coach
Coaches don't deliver premierships. Premierships come about because of the contributions of players, coaching staff and the administration.

Do I think we can win a comp with BA as coach? Not sure, but I am more confident this year than I was last year.

Lol. Thanks for answering

Bazal

Post Whore

It's also a question that has no right answer.

Say yes and the piss-moaners go nuclear level sarcastic, say no and they whine about the extension.

Then they name untested assistants like they're the answer, because they have no way of actually being proven unsuccessful (or successful)... How'd that work for the Titans with gun young coach Garth Brennan?

Latest posts