What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 wants to kill of a sydney club

Stallion

First Grade
Will the die-hard fans of very important clubs Manly and Cronulla bother showing up to an elimination final if they have to drive more than 15 mins from home this week?

Yes! Its a final . If it's at Bankwest , it will draw a big attendance .

flippikat

Bench
Will the die-hard fans of very important clubs Manly and Cronulla bother showing up to an elimination final if they have to drive more than 15 mins from home this week?

Good question.

A game with both clubs' seasons on the line.. you think it'd draw them in *regardless* of where it is in Sydney.

Even if they have to travel to Bankwest, they'd be travelling to a great facility.

It's a big chance for those fanbases to try and break the stereotypes.

carcharias

Immortal
She probably put a a squillion on the Storm and when they lost.....

Well you know the rest.....

It was weird I must say.

There were 3 journos after the Sharks bad.
She died the day after we won.
Massoud had to front up to the club and do the report from shark park the next day.
He had to walk past us all out the front waiting to get in.
It must have been his worst nightmare.
He now drives an ice cream van.

Hooper ( was it ) got shit faced and smashed up someones car and had to go to court.
Went missing from TV for a bit.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Massoud had to front up to the club and do the report from shark park the next day.
He had to walk past us all out the front waiting to get in.
It must have been his worst nightmare.
He now drives an ice cream van.
I could imagine Massoud as the 21st century Mr Whippy.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It’s a bit of an outdated meme. Any game I’ve gone to against Roosters has had a huge showing of vocal Roosters fans

Periods of sustained success will do that, when was the last time the chooks had a poor season? They’ve got a whole generation of fans who’ve come to expect that turning up to a game means you get to see your team win and do it in style. Much more incentive to keep coming back for more when that happens no matter what your stadium looks like.

Haffa

Periods of sustained success will do that, when was the last time the chooks had a poor season? They’ve got a whole generation of fans who’ve come to expect that turning up to a game means you get to see your team win and do it in style. Much more incentive to keep coming back for more when that happens no matter what your stadium looks like.
They got the spoon 10 years ago. Considering Parra and the Knights have shared it since then that’s not too long ago.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
They got the spoon 10 years ago. Considering Parra and the Knights have shared it since then that’s not too long ago.

Thats still enough time for that generation of fans I talked about to only really remember the good times. Think of the difference compared to a Knights, Parra, Warriors fan in that time.

Plus the Chooks had another successful period before that with back to back GFs and one title (2002) so for fans who’ve been following them for 20 odd years it’s been a pretty happy time overall.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Thats still enough time for that generation of fans I talked about to only really remember the good times. Think of the difference compared to a Knights, Parra, Warriors fan in that time.

Plus the Chooks had another successful period before that with back to back GFs and one title (2002) so for fans who’ve been following them for 20 odd years it’s been a pretty happy time overall.

Then there was the time between 1983 till 1996 ( apart from 1987 ) when we all basket cases because of our team, I've seen my team go through absolute highs and absolute lows so I don't take anything for granted.

TheFrog

Coach
Good question.

A game with both clubs' seasons on the line.. you think it'd draw them in *regardless* of where it is in Sydney.

Even if they have to travel to Bankwest, they'd be travelling to a great facility.

It's a big chance for those fanbases to try and break the stereotypes.
Fat chance of either fanbase travelling to Parramatta and the NRL knew it.