What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

forby

Juniors
Gus f**ked our cap made it worse than before he got here . Just might have to put our faith in the big three . So no premiership for another 10 years unless we merge with big brother .
You mean little brother! We have been the more successful this century!

franklin2323

Immortal
I don’t think it’s to far fetched to think Gould backended contracts big time thinking the salary cap would get bigger over time, plus he always seemed to get way to personal with players, he always said he wouldn’t have anyone on minimum wage which is just stupid in today’s game. Wouldn’t surprise me if he just overrated so many of young guys and gave em big money.

Makes sense to me considering the board went behind his back to get Ivan back, then they sacked Gould and let go of DWZ, Blake and RCG with no clear replacements in the juniors. They had to have been sick of the way Gould was running the place considering all he did to turn us around.

There were guys on overs no doubt. It is why I was happy to see him go but I look at why these figures would be out

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Footy it is then, you just got my back up when you inferred I knew nothing about the judicial system. I do, trust me.

More than you’ll ever know.

When did I infer that you know nothing about the judicial system?

I don’t care how much you know about the judicial system. I really hope this isn’t an attempt to impress me. Because you are wasting your time.

Last edited:

Abacus

Juniors
One player certainly doesn’t make us top 4. But adding a ball playing fullback with the skills of Moylan, along with Api at 9, and Burton in the top squad, to what we already had this season, would put us back in the top 8.

Compare that to this seasons spine, where we had a reserve grade lock at hooker, a bottom 4 fullback, and a past it Maloney with an eye on his French pension who couldn’t string decent back to back games together, but hey, it’s all Nathan’s fault our attack sucked.

Throw in an attacking centre, and a hard edge front rower, and we would then be fighting with the likes of Canberra, Souths, Manly and Parramatta for the remaining top 4 spots.
If Moylan was to return, I'd have him at 5/8. Spine of Edwards, Moylan, Cleary, Koraisau would be better than most of the comp.

If it happened, challenge is whether our coaching staff can get, and keep, Moylan motivated. It could all end in tears though...again.

Kilkenny

Coach
When did I infer that you know nothing about the judicial system?

I don’t care how much you know about the judicial system. I really hope this isn’t an attempt to impress me. Because you are wasting your time.

If you care go back to my original posts when I was simply trying to defend Dylan Walker who as you may remember was actually found ‘Not Guilty’.

Following that I made further observations a verdict of ‘Not Guilty’ does not automatically infer the charged person did NOT commit the crime.

The above assertion is irrefutable it is just a fact although it seems to be lost on you which is even more concerning given you claim to be a Police Officer.

Not sure quite how I would feel if you were in charge of my case, if I was the victim, given your apparent sympathies for the criminals or offenders.

You probably don’t have too many cases anyway so perhaps not such a big issue!!!!

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
If Moylan was to return, I'd have him at 5/8. Spine of Edwards, Moylan, Cleary, Koraisau would be better than most of the comp.

If it happened, challenge is whether our coaching staff can get, and keep, Moylan motivated. It could all end in tears though...again.

We have an established fullback who is decent and two up and comers who are pretty talent.

We also have two potentially up and coming 5/8’s would you really want Matt Moylan to return. Seriously, given his history with our club, injury issues, inconsistent form and whatever else and welcome him back with open arms.

I couldn’t, surely Ivan Cleary would even entertain the thought. Surely?

forby

Juniors
If you care go back to my original posts when I was simply trying to defend Dylan Walker who as you may remember was actually found ‘Not Guilty’.

Following that I made further observations a verdict of ‘Not Guilty’ does not automatically infer the charged person did NOT commit the crime.

The above assertion is irrefutable it is just a fact although it seems to be lost on you which is even more concerning given you claim to be a Police Officer.

Not sure quite how I would feel if you were in charge of my case, if I was the victim, given your apparent sympathies for the criminals or offenders.

You probably don’t have too many cases anyway so perhaps not such a big issue!!!!
I think you two should agree to disagree and get back to the important things like football and rumours, :thinking:

tripster

Juniors
We’d be mad to bring Moylan back.

I think we are also forgetting that our attack was just as bad in the opposition red zone when Moylan was here as when he left.

Moylan learned his skills from touch football and basically his one attacking weapon is timing passes to put players into gaps against back pedalling or sliding defensive lines (not advancing or set defensive lines).

He used to run around from side to side when we were in the opposition red zone and rarely created tries for us in that area of the field.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Cool your jets and answer the question.

Where did I infer that you know nothing about the judicial system?

I challenged the concept of “Not proven guilty” should be introduced. But as you said, that’s not a new concept and you didn’t come up with it.

I have no idea who you are or what you do, but your not representing yourself all that well.

“Insults from a position of ignorance are usually a good indication of the type person one is.” - Cliff Hoeben.

hindy111

Post Whore
Very, very good player. it does make me laugh when I read in the media the Eels are being talked about as front runners. It was not that long ago they were done for salary cap cheating, having got over that hurdle they were supposedly having trouble finding the funds to resign Gutherson, have had to upgrade Sivo, resign Michael Jennings, apparently signed up RCG and still have funds available to pursue Matterson if he is released from the Tigers. I only believe a 10th of what is written and said by our League journo’s but seriously where they get the cap space to bring in RCG and then still have a bit left over to go after Matterson makes you wonder. I suppose they will be linked to Holmes when he make’s his inevitable return to the NRL as well.

MJ new contract would cost less then half of this years salary.
Norman was on book till January
2 x players in spine are rookies
Mannah,Hoffman,Bevan French,Manu Mau,Kaysa Pritchard,Tepai Moera and David Gower will be leaving club.
Theyd have plenty of money. Expect another few quality signing yet.

hindy111

Post Whore
$400k for year 1 makes sense but not the whole thing too

Parra don't do 5yr deal ever. I'd say Panthers are paying a fair wack for the whole lot.
My guess is Eels are paying 450-500k total. And I woukd guess he is on around 700k.Maybe 750k. Panther prob paying 200k a year.

No way he is on 1 mill. Dont beleive paper talk. But Parra news board wont pay overs. They played hard ball with Gutherson and Moses.
Moses signed for his 750/800k and Guth for his 600k.
Panthers paying 1.2mill over 5yrs makes sense. About 220k a year.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Parra don't do 5yr deal ever. I'd say Panthers are paying a fair wack for the whole lot.
My guess is Eels are paying 450-500k total. And I woukd guess he is on around 700k.Maybe 750k. Panther prob paying 200k a year.

No way he is on 1 mill. Dont beleive paper talk. But Parra news board wont pay overs. They played hard ball with Gutherson and Moses.
Moses signed for his 750/800k and Guth for his 600k.
Panthers paying 1.2mill over 5yrs makes sense. About 220k a year.

Someone on the radio (I missed the start so I’m not sure who it was) said that the Panthers are paying $180,000 of RCGs salary over 5yrs. The rest is being picked up by the Eels who are desperate for a forwards “Leader”.

Who knows where the truth lays. All I know is that he certainly hasn’t been producing what we have been paying him to for a very long time. Hopefully he finds his balls somewhere in BankWest Stadium and starts running the ball hard again. Not this silly “reversing” into the defensive line.

chrisD

Coach
We’d be mad to bring Moylan back.

I think we are also forgetting that our attack was just as bad in the opposition red zone when Moylan was here as when he left.

Moylan learned his skills from touch football and basically his one attacking weapon is timing passes to put players into gaps against back pedalling or sliding defensive lines (not advancing or set defensive lines).

He used to run around from side to side when we were in the opposition red zone and rarely created tries for us in that area of the field.
Barely anything in that is true.

franklin2323

Immortal

Look at injury history alone. We'd be paying good money for someone to miss 1/4 of the season.

hindy111

Post Whore
No on Moylan.

Cleary and Burton are future.

Luai unsure

Korisau is great option now

Need a 1 or 2 back and a few old heads in pack. Dont have to be stars.
Mannah would be a nifty cheap bench option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts