What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Top 30

Fangs

Coach
100% will be re-signed and his brother will be here too.

Cleary's and Blore's gonna be running the show.

Panther Mick

Juniors
I can't edit the first post so I will update instead.

I thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye on how our squad will be filled in the coming months.
There is still plenty of time over the coming months to sign players and promote from within but this is the current top 30 for next year. 24 positions have to be filed by November 1. 29 by round 1 next year.

At this stage I have included players that are rumoured to be leaving and when that is official I will update the list.

1. Caleb Aekins
2. Nathan Cleary
3. Dylan Edwards
4. Wayde Egan
5. Kaide Ellis
6. JFH
7. Mitch Kenny
8. Viliame Kikau
9. Spencer Leniu
10. Moses Leota
11. Jerome Luai
12. Josh Mansour
13. Liam Martin
14. Tyrone May
15. Brent Naden
16. James Tamou
17. Brian To'o
18. MWZ
19. Isaah Yeo
20. Api Koroisau
21. Dean Whare
22. Jack Hetherington
23. Jed Cartwright
24. Stephen Crichton
25. Matt Burton

I think its fair to assume Burns, Crichton Shawn Blore and Burton will be promoted to the top squad next year. Daine Laurie might be too but for now I have left him off.

Possible rookies that might get promoted: Daine Laurie, Staines, S Blore, Burns,

Gains: Api Koroisau.

Losses: Maloney, DWZ, Blake.RCG, Katoa,Tyrell Fuimaono, Nick Lui-Toso, Paea Pua, Hame Sele, Frank Winterstein, Grant, McKendry

Some players can play more than 1 position but for now the first preferred positions are.

FB: Edwards, Aekins
Wing: To'o Mansour, MWZ
Centres: Whare, Naden Crichton
Halves Cleary, Luai, Burton, May
Front row and Locks: Tamou, JFH, Leota, Leniu, Hetherington, Ellis
2nd rowers: Kikau, Martin, Yeo, Jed Cartwright
Hookers: Korosiau, Kenny, Egan

franklin2323

Immortal
That seems about right. 29 should be the number we go with and leave a spot open.

Laurie, Staines, Burns, Hand, Hopgood, Blore would be development players.

Big Mick

Referee
IMO Burns and Blore are certainties for Top 30. We need two backrowers. They both fit the bill. Also see Mansour moving into backrow now which means we need another winger.

Laurie and Staines may be there if prove themselves.....But probably on development squad with like of Brendan Hands and Hopgood.

Big Mick

Referee
Got 6 props atm probably 5 in reality. Need another 1-2....1 in squad and another in Reggies on 2nd tier style.

Hetherington I can see being moved on.

betcats

Referee
I can't edit the first post so I will update instead.

I thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye on how our squad will be filled in the coming months.
There is still plenty of time over the coming months to sign players and promote from within but this is the current top 30 for next year. 24 positions have to be filed by November 1. 29 by round 1 next year.

At this stage I have included players that are rumoured to be leaving and when that is official I will update the list.

1. Caleb Aekins
2. Nathan Cleary
3. Dylan Edwards
4. Wayde Egan
5. Kaide Ellis
6. JFH
7. Mitch Kenny
8. Viliame Kikau
9. Spencer Leniu
10. Moses Leota
11. Jerome Luai
12. Josh Mansour
13. Liam Martin
14. Tyrone May
15. Brent Naden
16. James Tamou
17. Brian To'o
18. MWZ
19. Isaah Yeo
20. Api Koroisau
21. Dean Whare
22. Jack Hetherington
23. Jed Cartwright
24. Stephen Crichton
25. Matt Burton

I think its fair to assume Burns, Crichton Shawn Blore and Burton will be promoted to the top squad next year. Daine Laurie might be too but for now I have left him off.

Possible rookies that might get promoted: Daine Laurie, Staines, S Blore, Burns,

Gains: Api Koroisau.

Losses: Maloney, DWZ, Blake.RCG, Katoa,Tyrell Fuimaono, Nick Lui-Toso, Paea Pua, Hame Sele, Frank Winterstein, Grant, McKendry

Some players can play more than 1 position but for now the first preferred positions are.

FB: Edwards, Aekins
Wing: To'o Mansour, MWZ
Centres: Whare, Naden Crichton
Halves Cleary, Luai, Burton, May
Front row and Locks: Tamou, JFH, Leota, Leniu, Hetherington, Ellis
2nd rowers: Kikau, Martin, Yeo, Jed Cartwright
Hookers: Korosiau, Kenny, Egan

I think next year Yeo will be in the front row/lock category.

Burns and Blore will be full time players I agree, Burton also.

Definitely need to round out the forward pack.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think next year Yeo will be in the front row/lock category.

Burns and Blore will be full time players I agree, Burton also.

Definitely need to round out the forward pack.

I think both will end up fulltime squad. Just not sure if it will be for round 1 or not seem to be taking a soft approach with the kids now which is good

Kilkenny

Coach
Got 6 props atm probably 5 in reality. Need another 1-2....1 in squad and another in Reggies on 2nd tier style.

Hetherington I can see being moved on.

I hope we persevere with Jack Hetherington. There is a real good player in there somewhere.

He has been in our system for quite a few years and don’t see any point in letting him go only to bring in another younger player of same experience from another club.

On the same basis I don’t understand why the club apparently seem happy to allow Wade Egan to explore his options elsewhere. We need a quality backup to Api Koroisau so why wouldn’t we retain Wade Egan. What are we going to get from elsewhere, at the same price, with the same potential.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I hope we persevere with Jack Hetherington. There is a real good player in there somewhere.

He has been in our system for quite a few years and don’t see any point in letting him go only to bring in another younger player of same experience from another club.

On the same basis I don’t understand why the club apparently seem happy to allow Wade Egan to explore his options elsewhere. We need a quality backup to Api Koroisau so why wouldn’t we retain Wade Egan. What are we going to get from elsewhere, at the same price, with the same potential.
I am with you on this. I really think if Hetherington could cut the garbage out of his game he could be a really good player.

I remember seeing Egan have a run from dummy half a few months back at it reminded me of Damien Cook, I just can’t understand why didn’t see more of it.

OldPanther

Coach
I am with you on this. I really think if Hetherington could cut the garbage out of his game he could be a really good player.

I remember seeing Egan have a run from dummy half a few months back at it reminded me of Damien Cook, I just can’t understand why didn’t see more of it.

I think it's coaching. All 3 hooker options haven't run the ball much. I can't see why 3 different people with 3 different styles would have the same weakness, especially when running is a big part of Egan's game.

Latest posts