What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould reviewing Dragons.

Old Timer

Coach
So Sheens will be Football Director, Flanagan Assistant Coach and Gould Occasional Football Consultant. So they prop up a Head Coach paid $600,000 by bringing in two others who would be paid at least $300,000 each. What a debacle! We have had so many lousy coaches such as Farrar, Brown, Price and Mac Gregor. We shunted Waite, Potter, Johnson, Demetriou and Hornby for incompetent coaching baboons. What a terrible mess!
Like your thought process in that after 6 years the BOD believe we now need to have 3 big names in Flanno, Sheens & Gould all to prop up a no-name in Mc Grinner.
You just can't make this stuff up so I now wait with bated breath to see what quality signings we make to warrant such an array of talent in the coaching & admin staff of our footy club.
This will be an absolute circus and as PT Barnum was once credited with saying "there is a sucker born every minute" aka St GI fans.

Carlton

Juniors
Think it was more to do with his general mental attitude as a professional athlete and nothing to do about supporting the Peanut!

Spent two days, talked to a couple of players, exonerated McGregor and managed to find a player to throw under the bus. It was all Norman's fault for the way the coach didn't coach and Aitken and Dufty couldn't defend and Tariq played busted and Friz was not happy and Lomax played all over the park etc. etc.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Spent two days, talked to a couple of players, exonerated McGregor and managed to find a player to throw under the bus. It was all Norman's fault for the way the coach didn't coach and Aitken and Dufty couldn't defend and Tariq played busted and Friz was not happy and Lomax played all over the park etc. etc.
In other words a perfect end of season review in Dragons Management Old Boys Coridor

merahputih

Juniors
Like your thought process in that after 6 years the BOD believe we now need to have 3 big names in Flanno, Sheens & Gould all to prop up a no-name in Mc Grinner.
You just can't make this stuff up so I now wait with bated breath to see what quality signings we make to warrant such an array of talent in the coaching & admin staff of our footy club.
This will be an absolute circus and as PT Barnum was once credited with saying "there is a sucker born every minute" aka St GI fans.
Lachlan Maranta is already here. Be patient O.T., the rest are coming.

TruSaint

Referee
So Gould apparently now thinks Corey Norman was to blame for the bad season............That will do me.

LOL,

Amazing isn't it. So far the guru has had 2 of his suggestions rubber stamped.

Mary stays, and Mary needs help ( i.e Flanno ).

Will he be 3 from 3 ?

Im not here to defend Norman, but didn't he just have 1 season with us ? Whereas the so called "identity - culture - DNA crisis" started some 6 years ago.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
LOL,

Amazing isn't it. So far the guru has had 2 of his suggestions rubber stamped.

Mary stays, and Mary needs help ( i.e Flanno ).

Will he be 3 from 3 ?

Im not here to defend Norman, but didn't he just have 1 season with us ? Whereas the so called "identity - culture - DNA crisis" started some 6 years ago.
Norman played quite well before his injury and then once back from injury he made origin. Getting shifted around all the time helped no one. I think with a good pre season under his belt with Hunt and the clarity of what his role is he will go pretty well. No one replaces Widdop though but if he can be 70% of Widdop but without the long stints on the sidelines Widdop has had of late then ill take that.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Norman played quite well before his injury and then once back from injury he made origin. Getting shifted around all the time helped no one. I think with a good pre season under his belt with Hunt and the clarity of what his role is he will go pretty well. No one replaces Widdop though but if he can be 70% of Widdop but without the long stints on the sidelines Widdop has had of late then ill take that.
I for one was against Norman’s signing but I agree that before his injury against Parra he was playing well and Hunt and him combined smoothly. Then came the injury and more shifting around filling Widdop’s return. Hopefully he will kick on in 2020 but it’s his inconsistent attitude that always worries me, but to blame 2019 on Norman is simply silly.

Old Timer

Coach
I for one was against Norman’s signing but I agree that before his injury against Parra he was playing well and Hunt and him combined smoothly. Then came the injury and more shifting around filling Widdop’s return. Hopefully he will kick on in 2020 but it’s his inconsistent attitude that always worries me, but to blame 2019 on Norman is simply silly.
In fact blaming anyone but the coaching and recruitment staff is silly
The sheer lack of pathway for young and new players, lack of vision re where all players should play, lack of a constructive game plan and strategy, lack of proper injury management, lack of purpose in anything we do is the reason for failure and that lies firmly at the feet of the people mentioned above.
The players regardless of skill level are responsible for their own on field performance / effort and that tbh was reasonable all year and it is not a players fault if he is of a poor skill level or deficient in aspects of his game but keeps getting picked and us playing in a side with no constructive plan.
Again to be honest all our players have strengths and weakness’s even the ones who are whipping boys and I cannot see any evidence that we tapped into their strengths or corrected their weakness’s but I sure as hell can see what happened to Garrick when he left and joined a good system and all despite the prophets in here who said he was shit.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Did anyone notice we scored a couple a really good tries was it the one started by Ravalawa against Parra I think. Now that gave me confidence we were coming back but the team then turns back to crap up the middle shit. Why was that try scored it wasn't the coach they just unleashed and played off the top of footy their heads.

blacksafake

First Grade
The sheer lack of pathway for young and new players, lack of vision re where all players should play, lack of a constructive game plan and strategy, lack of proper injury management, lack of purpose in anything we do is the reason for failure and that lies firmly at the feet of the people mentioned above.
The players regardless of skill level are responsible for their own on field performance / effort and that tbh was reasonable all year and it is not a players fault if he is of a poor skill level or deficient in aspects of his game but keeps getting picked and us playing in a side with no constructive plan.
Again to be honest all our players have strengths and weakness’s even the ones who are whipping boys and I cannot see any evidence that we tapped into their strengths or corrected their weakness’s but I sure as hell can see what happened to Garrick when he left and joined a good system and all despite the prophets in here who said he was shit.
Well said OT.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I feel the same way about Pearson, if he had a decent centre inside him that communicated better in D and could feed him decent ball who’s to say he couldn’t start scoring a few tries. I’ve barely seen him even get the ball in space besides that one speccy he scored.

Old Timer

Coach
I feel the same way about Pearson, if he had a decent centre inside him that communicated better in D and could feed him decent ball who’s to say he couldn’t start scoring a few tries. I’ve barely seen him even get the ball in space besides that one speccy he scored.
In fact over the last 7 years we have barely seen a winger get early ball or a pass to put him in the clear.
We never got to see any of them stretch out in a 80 - 90 metre dash to the line.
We never found out how fast any of them actually were.
We had so many high hopes but the game plan smashed all of them.
B Moz's wonderful runaway tries seem like an eternity ago and there were so many of them but since then hardly 1 single wingers long range try comes to mind.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
In fact over the last 7 years we have barely seen a winger get early ball or a pass to put him in the clear.
We never got to see any of them stretch out in a 80 - 90 metre dash to the line.
We never found out how fast any of them actually were.
We had so many high hopes but the game plan smashed all of them.
B Moz's wonderful runaway tries seem like an eternity ago and there were so many of them but since then hardly 1 single wingers long range try comes to mind.
Yes this is true, and I think we can all agree there are not many things in League better than a good length of the fielder.

qld redvee

Juniors
OT
maybe not so much recruitment staff to blame as supercoach picks the player and millward signs for the $ $$ - look at Norman Mary just had to have him as cover for widdop( 2019 not 2020 ) and not sure the dollars are justified especially when the development players SHOULD have been considered for 2020 now sailor at 5/8 could have been an option .. ALL supercoach - he only picks his players unless injury forces his hand ( we have all commented on this previously and the name TIMM comes to mind to reinforce this argument) We know he doesnt listen to any one so this is where the board MUST give Flanno the keys to the ground and just have supercoach as a muppet ( wait he is ) JD has run the Broncos for wayne this year so Flanno can do the same for us .. supercoach must have his wings clipped for the better ment of the team ... This can only improve the ancillary staff and less throwing of people under the bus

Old Timer

Coach
OT
maybe not so much recruitment staff to blame as supercoach picks the player and millward signs for the $ $$ - look at Norman Mary just had to have him as cover for widdop( 2019 not 2020 ) and not sure the dollars are justified especially when the development players SHOULD have been considered for 2020 now sailor at 5/8 could have been an option .. ALL supercoach - he only picks his players unless injury forces his hand ( we have all commented on this previously and the name TIMM comes to mind to reinforce this argument) We know he doesnt listen to any one so this is where the board MUST give Flanno the keys to the ground and just have supercoach as a muppet ( wait he is ) JD has run the Broncos for wayne this year so Flanno can do the same for us .. supercoach must have his wings clipped for the better ment of the team ... This can only improve the ancillary staff and less throwing of people under the bus
We have to remember that recruitment was taken out of Mc Fookknuckle's hands so the head of recruitment has some healthy input IMO and can't be left out of the frame when assessing who f**ked this all up.
Sure Mc Fookknuckle has a list in mind but recruitment would be looking at who is coming on the market and for how much and would make recommendations on that basis.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
So Sheens will be Football Director, Flanagan Assistant Coach and Gould Occasional Football Consultant. So they prop up a Head Coach paid $600,000 by bringing in two others who would be paid at least $300,000 each. What a debacle! We have had so many lousy coaches such as Farrar, Brown, Price and Mac Gregor. We shunted Waite, Potter, Johnson, Demetriou and Hornby for incompetent coaching baboons. What a terrible mess!

THIS....................

Wittenberg

Juniors
Agree with most of this OT.....in fact I agree with all you said. I see Garrick and I look at Maranta, Pearson and Rava and I shake my head. Yeah Rava may make it eventually but we had Garrick and yes he has some defensive weaknesses at times but boy he has been a great buy for Manly. Maybe he just felt he needed a fresh start but we didn’t seem to want him. A mistake.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Agree with most of this OT.....in fact I agree with all you said. I see Garrick and I look at Maranta, Pearson and Rava and I shake my head. Yeah Rava may make it eventually but we had Garrick and yes he has some defensive weaknesses at times but boy he has been a great buy for Manly. Maybe he just felt he needed a fresh start but we didn’t seem to want him. A mistake.
He might have just wanted a fresh start himself just to get out of the rabble.

Crush

Coach
The board renewing Marys contract this year has made me hate them. I hate the coach, I hate the players, I hate the club.
I know I sound like a dramatic school girl but I really think I might turn my back on the whole thing and find another hobby.
They've lost me.

Latest posts