What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould reviewing Dragons.

This Year?

Immortal
So Gould is under the mcshinybowlingballhead spell too? Everyone needs to own the result, but the coach is one of the biggest parts of that. The club needs a huge clean out. It shows that the reviews they've had aren't working.
I want to be a proud supporter, but this club makes it so difficult to do that. It staggers me how they can let the standard of footy become so bad. It is up there with Wests of the 90's and Souths of the 00's.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Ah excuse me if I’m paying a bloke anywhere from $500-700 grand and I get told he needs help. Firstly I would sack him without a doubt and then I would tender my resignation for being made to look like a fool for signing him
Well at least BJ got 50% of the way there..

Shame it was the wrong 50%..

S.T.G

Bench
How many reviews.
I know he and Gus are mates , but I'm surprised Gus was stupid to go into bat for him.
He has to go with the people that keep on supporting him.
Even if he beats the Bulldogs.

Reddragon

Bench
It's also because Gould, Fittler, Alexander, they're all mates of the NRL's worst coach, but they don't care about the Dragons.
If McGregor was coaching Brisbane, the Roosters, Souths, Manly, Sharks, etc, I would encourage him to stay on too.

Gomarchin

Juniors
AND he sacked a coach himself who side made the semis !!
He also sacked another coach who "looked tired" and had to pay him out a couple of years only to bring him back a couple of years later to coach his son.

Gould is Mr Agenda. Everything he writes and says has a hidden agenda and as someone else said, he writes in riddles which means he can come back and interpret things to suit him.

Kilkenny

Coach
He also sacked another coach who "looked tired" and had to pay him out a couple of years only to bring him back a couple of years later to coach his son.

Gould is Mr Agenda. Everything he writes and says has a hidden agenda and as someone else said, he writes in riddles which means he can come back and interpret things to suit him.

Gould had nothing to do with re-hiring Ivan Cleary that was entirely the Chairman of the Board who is best mates with Ivan. Part of the reason Gould left the club, as he was undermined and it made his position untenable.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Gould had nothing to do with re-hiring Ivan Cleary that was entirely the Chairman of the Board who is best mates with Ivan. Part of the reason Gould left the club, as he was undermined and it made his position untenable.
Gould was still the GM of Football when Cleary returned. If he was totally against it, he should of walked immediately in protest but waited 6 months?

twinkletoes

Juniors
I see NRL 360 are giving Mary another chance tonight to respond to all the critics....am I wrong or was he on there not so long ago doing the same PR job. When will this nightmare end!!

denis preston

First Grade
I see NRL 360 are giving Mary another chance tonight to respond to all the critics....am I wrong or was he on there not so long ago doing the same PR job. When will this nightmare end!!

Great timing, if you are going to go on make sure it is the week after you have played the weakest side in the comp so you can spew your dogma. Very sorry to say it but i hope we get lapped this afternoon for the betterment of the side & club.A win here and against the Titans could give the board the excuse to do nothing . I really don't want the wooden spoon but the Board don't seem to give a shit.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Let me repeat myself over again.

There was NEVER A REVIEW by Gus or anyone. Gus just came in and spoke to a few players namely Mcinnes and Graham tossed a few ideas to Mcfwit and that was it. It was a total spin of shit by both Club Coach and Gus to say look we are doing something to help out a mate. Ask any player other than the 2 mentioned were you spoken to at all about anything. That is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Hence why when asked Gus has no comment. Or doesn’t like to discuss it. And this is the bloke who likes to brag about talking to clubs to help them out. It’s a wonder why our new CEO or whatever he is Webby is having difficulty locating the review documents.

possm

Coach
Let me repeat myself over again.

There was NEVER A REVIEW by Gus or anyone. Gus just came in and spoke to a few players namely Mcinnes and Graham tossed a few ideas to Mcfwit and that was it. It was a total spin of shit by both Club Coach and Gus to say look we are doing something to help out a mate. Ask any player other than the 2 mentioned were you spoken to at all about anything. That is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Hence why when asked Gus has no comment. Or doesn’t like to discuss it. And this is the bloke who likes to brag about talking to clubs to help them out. It’s a wonder why our new CEO or whatever he is Webby is having difficulty locating the review documents.
Finally, someone says it as it is. The new CEO can't find the report and neither can anyone else because there was never a report. The whole mess stinks so much that even Gus wouldn't lend his name to the report they wanted him to write.