What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
He had already made up his mind to leave before Ivan got there. Wanted to go to a stronger club to play finals footy...but was too stupid to see the ship was already sinking at Canterbury.

Yeah he actually said something along the lines of "maybe I would've stayed had I known Ivan better" after he signed to the dogs.

The yak

Juniors
He had already made up his mind to leave before Ivan got there. Wanted to go to a stronger club to play finals footy...but was too stupid to see the ship was already sinking at Canterbury.

Did he. I can't recall the particulars. Just that he jumped off the bus after Ivan's ultimatum.
He certainly made some dumb choices.

betcats

Referee
Don’t you need to be rated to be overrated? Everyone has gone studs up on him even since a poor Origin series a few years back. If anything he’s underrated imo, although his pay cheque may suggest otherwise.

You might have a point there. For the right price he can provide value I just struggle to see a guy who played all those rep games coming here for a good price.

Crashtest

Juniors
Did he. I can't recall the particulars. Just that he jumped off the bus after Ivan's ultimatum.
He certainly made some dumb choices.

He had definitely made up his mind to leave. He then did a terrible interview on Foxsports and bagged out the club in trying to justify why he was leaving, and pissed off the Tigers fans who were then glad to see him go. Another of his dumb choices.

The Realist

Juniors
he weather is not great in the North of England but for a single man it is not a bad lifestyle. When you look at the fact Blake Austin, Jackson Hastings and Lachlan Coote were the three highest rating players in the ESL this season you would think Moylan could perform well if he can get himself injury free.

Still kills me a little inside that we never developed Austin properly with us. More than a handy player and is also now very experienced. Would be great to have him running off Cleary. Oh well.

franklin2323

Immortal
Still kills me a little inside that we never developed Austin properly with us. More than a handy player and is also now very experienced. Would be great to have him running off Cleary. Oh well.

Even when we had Walsh. Austin was everything Walsh lacked and they would of been good together a kicking and a running half.

franklin2323

Immortal
You might have a point there. For the right price he can provide value I just struggle to see a guy who played all those rep games coming here for a good price.

Depends how much the Sharks are chipping in. That is the key to getting bang for the buck here getting those teams needing to shed salary to chip in atleast for next year

Too similar for mine.

Cleary isn’t enough of a ball player to have a running 5/8 outside him. Our attack would be one dimensional.

Crashtest

Juniors
Depends how much the Sharks are chipping in. That is the key to getting bang for the buck here getting those teams needing to shed salary to chip in atleast for next year

Canterbury are paying a large part of Woods contract for him to play at Cronulla, so it’s probably not in Cronulla’s interest to release him and then have to chip in for him to play elsewhere, when they are already getting him cheap.

franklin2323

Immortal
Canterbury are paying a large part of Woods contract for him to play at Cronulla, so it’s probably not in Cronulla’s interest to release him and then have to chip in for him to play elsewhere, when they are already getting him cheap.

That is true. They would want one or 2 on full freight to go halves with the new club

BossleyPanther

Juniors
This previous Rumoured Team below was top4 perhaps, now doesn't look likely we will make the 8 again without it

Past Rumour ------- What we have
Edwards ------ Edwards
To'o ------ To'o
Whare ------ Whare
Walker ------ Naden
Naden ------ Crichton
Luai ------ Luai
Cleary ------ Cleary
JWH ------ Tamou
Koroisau ------ Koroisau
JFH ----- JFH
Yeo ----- Yeo
Kikau ----- Kikau
Martin ----- Martin

Kenny ---- Kenny
Leota ---- Leota
Tamou ----- Leniu
Mansour ----- Mansour

mxlegend99

Referee
This previous Rumoured Team below was top4 perhaps, now doesn't look likely we will make the 8 again without it

Edwards ------ Edwards
To'o ------ To'o
Whare ------ Whare
Walker ------ Naden
Naden ------ Crichton
Luai ------ Luai
Cleary ------ Cleary
JWH ------ Tamou
Koroisau ------ Koroisau
JFH ----- JFH
Yeo ----- Yeo
Kikau ----- Kikau
Martin ----- Martin

Kenny ---- Kenny
Leota ---- Leota
Tamou ----- Leniu
Mansour ----- Mansour
Neither team looks top 4 to me. Both are still weaker than what we had at the start of 2019.

The current backline for 2020 is pretty much reserve grade quality.

1. Edwards - only experienced player with form ahead of him
2. To'o - arguably our best back already. But still only a kid and lacks experience
3. Whare - has steadily declined since his ACL sadly
4. Naden - has had some good moments. But is still an inexperienced player with a lot of flaws at centre.
5. Crichton - prefer him at centre ahead of Naden... but goddamn we have no idea how this kid will kick on.

Throw in a rookie #6... we are definitely going to struggle if we dont add some decent experienced players. No one wants to come here though. Gus could seal the deal and make our club appealing to players... clearly Ivan and the recruitment committee can't.

Trent Barrett bringing Api back is looking abit of a lucky fluke for us.

franklin2323

Immortal

Edwards ------ Edwards
To'o ------ To'o
Whare ------ Whare
Walker ------ Naden
Naden ------ Crichton
Luai ------ Luai
Cleary ------ Cleary
JWH ------ Tamou
Koroisau ------ Koroisau
JFH ----- JFH
Yeo ----- Yeo
Kikau ----- Kikau
Martin ----- Martin

Kenny ---- Kenny
Leota ---- Leota
Tamou ----- Leniu
Mansour ----- Mansour

Sharks haven't announced Ramien yet.
Oates/Glenn still not on the Broncs books for 2020 yet.
Arrow, Fifita, TPJ, Turbos x 2 can all be signed by rivals for 2021 in 3 weeks..

So plenty of roster moves to still happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts