What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
It would make like easier when reading the forum, but it means folks will need to think and work out where their conversation fits. Some might find this far challenging :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
Probably the same people who find it challenging to keep up if a conversation goes off topic.

Especially when those complaining have put very little thought into both how it would work and doing it themselves.

What's the expectation? Someone posts something in whatever thread that is on topic. Someone else wants to reply but it might start to go off topic... so that person is expected to create a new thread? Or reply in a different thread altogether where the flow of the conversation is lost? What if the reply is still slightly on topic.. but the follow up isnt? Or imagine this... it very slowly goes off topic and the point when it does is hard to pinpoint.

What you want will stop conversation from evolving naturally and reduce the amount of conversation happening. A conversation might end up a bit off topic.. but that's better than it not happening at all for the sake of satisfying a few people who are too lazy to skim across apost if it doesnt interest them.

Why haven't all these people complaining tried moving the conversation about shit being off topic to its own thread? Lead by example. Rather than complain and stop everyone from not only talking about signings or players, but footy altogether

betcats

Referee
Probably the same people who find it challenging to keep up if a conversation goes off topic.

Especially when those complaining have put very little thought into both how it would work and doing it themselves.

What's the expectation? Someone posts something in whatever thread that is on topic. Someone else wants to reply but it might start to go off topic... so that person is expected to create a new thread? Or reply in a different thread altogether where the flow of the conversation is lost? What if the reply is still slightly on topic.. but the follow up isnt? Or imagine this... it very slowly goes off topic and the point when it does is hard to pinpoint.

What you want will stop conversation from evolving naturally and reduce the amount of conversation happening. A conversation might end up a bit off topic.. but that's better than it not happening at all for the sake of satisfying a few people who are too lazy to skim across apost if it doesnt interest them.

Why haven't all these people complaining tried moving the conversation about shit being off topic to its own thread? Lead by example. Rather than complain and stop everyone from not only talking about signings or players, but footy altogether

A good idea would be for Billy or someone else who complains about this regularly to become the mod, then they can move posts and keep every topic on point, that is far more difficult then complaining though so unlikely to happen.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Oh dear. :oops:

Do I sound bothered by this. :eek:

To be honest I couldn't care less MXlegend99.:)

I made a comment because others were, and I decided to share my personal experience about this issue. I hope you note that I did highlight my post with :p which I thought would show to anyone reading that it was very tongue in cheek.

This comment has been made to me (I the past, even by yourself I think) I think it needs a return. You need to lighten up a little. :D.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade

It's really easy. Once a discussion has gone off track and has taken a life of its own, a mod moves all the related posts to the appropriate thread with a link in the old thread stating where it has gone. If no existing thread exists, a new one is made and the same thing happens.

It's not rocket science.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
A good idea would be for Billy or someone else who complains about this regularly to become the mod, then they can move posts and keep every topic on point, that is far more difficult then complaining though so unlikely to happen.

I'm not on here enough, which makes the off-topic stuff more of a pain, because when I jump back into a thread, I have to wade through a bunch of unrelated stuff to see what I missed. Again, it's just a suggestion for a better forum.

betcats

Referee
I'm not on here enough, which makes the off-topic stuff more of a pain, because when I jump back into a thread, I have to wade through a bunch of unrelated stuff to see what I missed. Again, it's just a suggestion for a better forum.

I understand it would be a pain but if no one who is bothered by it wants to moderate it don't expect people who aren't bothered by it to put in more effort to make the threads all perfectly on topic because we don't care.

mxlegend99

Referee
Guys, stop chatting about rumoured signings and get things back on topic.

Do you think Nathan Cleary is the type of guy to put tomato sauce all over his chips or have the sauce in the corner so he can dip each chip in one at a time?
I think Nathan will put the sauce where his coach tells him to put it. He doesn't have the vision or creativity to do it himself.

mxlegend99

Referee
It's really easy. Once a discussion has gone off track and has taken a life of its own, a mod moves all the related posts to the appropriate thread with a link in the old thread stating where it has gone. If no existing thread exists, a new one is made and the same thing happens.

It's not rocket science.
That's not really easy though. Thats alot of f**king around and honestly very few peoole are bothered by it... and on the off chance someone was happy to do it now. They would grow tired of it pretty quickly.

Its just not practical or reasonable to expect that. So long as this place is active that's all that matters IMO.

betcats

Referee
Still can’t read that link but JWH has me convinced he’d be a great singing even with his judiciary trips, I still a little worry about giving someone a big last contract to kick back on but he is a competitor, his gf performance was amazing the 9 broadcast had him at 130m either at halftime or just into the second half, that’s a big performance in a big game from a big man, all things the team needs.

franklin2323

Immortal
Still can’t read that link but JWH has me convinced he’d be a great singing even with his judiciary trips, I still a little worry about giving someone a big last contract to kick back on but he is a competitor, his gf performance was amazing the 9 broadcast had him at 130m either at halftime or just into the second half, that’s a big performance in a big game from a big man, all things the team needs.

He is one of few guys that I don't think can go soft. Sam Burgess and James Graham are the others

BxTom

Bench
Wasn't aware that he was a singer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts