What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno assistant coach,,...?

BLM01

First Grade
Indeed a possibility, also a possibility ( small ), that they dont get Flanno.
Sorry, Im very sceptical about this whole deal. I think it will eventuate, but wouldnt be shocked if it didnt.
Too late TruSaint. Hold your scepticism for other announcements to come in the next few weeks. ;)
Flanno cant start work officially for nearly 8 weeks as per a contract to be signed off by the NRL until 18th Dec.
Homework...night time bed reading...well thats something else.
He may be reading the Maryism book of coaching prophecies and loss excuses
That is all need to be said at this stage

possm

Coach
Curiously, Bennett could’ve done the same thing with Price, who he retained at the club in 2009.
Price was not Bennett's pick, he was the Club's pick.
The Club wanted Price as Bennett's replacement and so, Bennett already on his way was not going to cause a fuss.

All roads lead to one of many poor decisions made of the Club.

Remember Bennett sent Mary on his way only for the Club to later sign him as head coach and then extended him time and time again even though his performance was very poor.

possm

Coach
Too late TruSaint. Hold your scepticism for other announcements to come in the next few weeks. ;)
Flanno cant start work officially for nearly 8 weeks as per a contract to be signed off by the NRL until 18th Dec.
Homework...night time bed reading...well thats something else.
He may be reading the Maryism book of coaching prophecies and loss excuses
That is all need to be said at this stage
I say over-reach by the NRL. Not only to they restrict Flanagan's ability to resume employment at his correct level, make it known his duties are restricted to assistant coach, he will be monitored very closely by the NRL and also, must delay engagement until approximately 6 weeks after the official pre-season training start date and at a date shortly before pre-season training is suspended for Christmas holidays.

Just imagine such rulings be announced if Flanagan was signing with the Roosters, Broncos or Storm. We are an easy touch and it seems our CEO is not up for the job of advocating against unfair treatment by NRL against SGI.

BLM01

First Grade
I say over-reach by the NRL. Not only to they restrict Flanagan's ability to resume employment at his correct level, make it known his duties are restricted to assistant coach, he will be monitored very closely by the NRL and also, must delay engagement until approximately 6 weeks after the official pre-season training start date and at a date shortly before pre-season training is suspended for Christmas holidays.

Just imagine such rulings be announced if Flanagan was signing with the Roosters, Broncos or Storm. We are an easy touch and it seems our CEO is not up for the job of advocating against unfair treatment by NRL against SGI.
It seems that way but...Flanno has a voice and could of stood up more for himselfI too if he wanted and then prior to Dec 18 the ban would of not been for a 1 year which would of been the minimum that the NRL at least wanted to impose. Who says he is not doing some work now?.
I did not see Politis kick up a huge stink when one of the highest fines and over the top reactive bans given to a player in Mitchell Pearce.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Price was not Bennett's pick, he was the Club's pick.
The Club wanted Price as Bennett's replacement and so, Bennett already on his way was not going to cause a fuss.

All roads lead to one of many poor decisions made of the Club.

Remember Bennett sent Mary on his way only for the Club to later sign him as head coach and then extended him time and time again even though his performance was very poor.

No, that’s incorrect.

As Bennett flicked McGregor asap, there’s nothing to suggest he couldn’t have dispensed with Price in the same manner. He’s also on public record stating he wanted to retain him as an assistant,

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Possm,
How dare you point the finger at dear old Brian 'No Balls' Johnston!
( fully fledged member of the Eunuch Brigade ):)

Yes we know BJ is sadly lacking any testiclar movement where it matters.
Yes, we know he has no voice to comment on anything rugby league.
Yes, just because our once great club broke a whole raft of new bad records this season, and finished so poorly, not to mention giving Old Smoothie a contract upgrade but hey, he's one hell of a nice guy and did l mentioned, he use to play for the Dragons????

That in itself is enough to land him the job of CEO, surely.................. and why stop there, lets give every ex player an important business role in this multi-million dollar business so they can utilise their experience in building a better club, right?

Peter 'Bullsh!t' Beattie may have left the building but there is still many a spiv left in senior nrl management to rort the system to their liking.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Maybe Price isn't too bad, he did inherit an ordinary roster

Personally, I feel that the “ordinary roster” Price inherited was vastly ignored by fans in general. Of course, I also acknowledge plenty of people will disagree with that statement.

There’s one other thing which hasn’t been accepted either. If Price had been successful, I doubt we would’ve seen quite the same number of rep quality footballers leave as they have under McGregor.

denis preston

First Grade
Personally, I feel that the “ordinary roster” Price inherited was vastly ignored by fans in general. Of course, I also acknowledge plenty of people will disagree with that statement.

There’s one other thing which hasn’t been accepted either. If Price had been successful, I doubt we would’ve seen quite the same number of rep quality footballers leave as they have under McGregor.
The fact that the club extended contracts to players on the downcurve ( Hornby,Young,Fein etc ) didn't help Price's job one bit.

denis preston

First Grade
Possm,
How dare you point the finger at dear old Brian 'No Balls' Johnston!
( fully fledged member of the Eunuch Brigade ):)

Yes we know BJ is sadly lacking any testiclar movement where it matters.
Yes, we know he has no voice to comment on anything rugby league.
Yes, just because our once great club broke a whole raft of new bad records this season, and finished so poorly, not to mention giving Old Smoothie a contract upgrade but hey, he's one hell of a nice guy and did l mentioned, he use to play for the Dragons????

That in itself is enough to land him the job of CEO, surely.................. and why stop there, lets give every ex player an important business role in this multi-million dollar business so they can utilise their experience in building a better club, right?

Peter 'Bullsh!t' Beattie may have left the building but there is still many a spiv left in senior nrl management to rort the system to their liking.

This just reminded me of a funny story and lucky it was in the day of 2 daily paper editions and pre internet.There was a photo taken at saints Thursday night training in the dressing rooms.Johnson and two other players were surrounding a player that had a serious long leg injury and could only walk with the aid of a cane.The player's cane was shown right next to Johnson's genitalia region and you had to look at the photo many times to not see Johnson with his member out of his footy shorts ! Mates rang me and told me to get the paper but the second and final edition got rid of the cane altogether !

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Price WAS bad, mate ................. but as it turned out, McGregor was even worst.
The Chinless One had to go .......... just wish old Mudguard would follow suit.

Price was absolutely shocking, Worst coach in history. Mary a touch under him as the 2nd worst coach.
And Bennett did endorse Price as head coach. It was all over the press. Where were you Possm?