What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
it will be the bunnies I reckon

also I think $500K + for Matterson is overs, I figured about $350-400K would get him but thats a big chunk of our celery

I do not think 350k gets much. He would be on that now and why wants to leave.
My guess is Taka is on 250-300k
Tepai would of been over 400k and Manu around 500k.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He left because he didn't think he was getting enough coin, he's leaving through money. It always comes down to money and anyone who thinks otherwise is playing with themselves.
You reckon RCG left for more money? I doubt many players (if any) would leave for less, but there are plenty of reasons to leave for the same amount. Obviously most players change clubs for more money, but I don't reckon it's always the case.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You reckon RCG left for more money? I doubt many players (if any) would leave for less, but there are plenty of reasons to leave for the same amount. Obviously most players change clubs for more money, but I don't reckon it's always the case.
Hardly comparable, RCG is on massive overs while Matto you would argue on last years form was on unders. Why would anyone pay more for RCG when he is already on too much??

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
I'm having somewhat of an existential crisis, here. My computer keeps asking me: "are you sure you want to leave this page?" And you know what? I don't honestly know.

hindy111

Post Whore

Penrith hs a clean out wouldn't suprise if he is on slightly less. Maybe 50k a year. If a coach says look your not part of the plans or you didn't like him personally what's 50k when your on most likely around 700-750k ? 5 yr deal
3.5 mill vs 3.75 mill. After tax be maybe 150k in it. Not a lot over 5yrs of misery over 5yrs of happiness.

hindy111

Post Whore
Plus like many jobs people leave for a challenge or a fresh start. Or just sick of the same old routine. And even if they know it's going to be the simmilar same old shit a change does offer some differences.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hardly comparable, RCG is on massive overs while Matto you would argue on last years form was on unders. Why would anyone pay more for RCG when he is already on too much??
The point is he was willing to leave without getting more money. Would Matterson refuse to leave the Tigers if clubs were only offering the same money?

strider

Post Whore
I'm having somewhat of an existential crisis, here. My computer keeps asking me: "are you sure you want to leave this page?" And you know what? I don't honestly know.
At least your computer has manners. Mine just leaves the page. Nevers asks

Happy MEel

First Grade
The point is he was willing to leave without getting more money. Would Matterson refuse to leave the Tigers if clubs were only offering the same money?
How do you know that. It’s not inconceivable that he was on around $850k. If panthers were happy to pay 300k each year for the remainder of his contract we may have been open to offering him $600k per year. His yearly salary increases, it’s just split between two clubs.

Latest posts