What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Rocky had a great career..Kept going..he got knocked down but he got up again...All he wanted was an opportunity. Andrew Davey could be the same! Who knows what 'opportunity' will turn out to be, when he is given his 'opportunity'?......He has confidence in his own ability....

I have no contacts at all, and no inside knowledge - but I reckon if injuries and/or suspensions hit, then Davey will get a go.

And I reckon he won't let us down, either - he is all heart, Andre Davey. He's a big lad, with a big ticker - I quite like him.

Of course, he's competing for an edge forward position against Shaun Lane (one of the form edge forwards of 2019), Ryan Matterson (fringe NSW Origin player), Brad Taikarangi (for all his flaws, he is experienced, and very skillful), and Marata Niukore (more of a middle player, anyway, imo).

But you'd assume that, at some stage of the season, that one, or more, of those guys will be unavailable, and Davey may well get a chance.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

emjaycee

Coach
I have no contacts at all, and no inside knowledge - but I reckon if injuries and/or suspensions hit, then Davey will get a go.

And I reckon he won't let us down, either - he is all heart, Andre Davey. He's a big lad, with a big ticker - I quite like him.

Of course, he's competing for an edge forward position against Shaun Lane (one of the form edge forwards of 2019), Ryan Matterson (fringe NSW Origin player), Brad Taikarangi (for all his flaws, he is experienced, and very skillful), and Marata Niukore (more of a middle player, anyway, imo).

But you'd assume that, at some stage of the season, that one, or more, of those guys will be unavailable, and Davey may well get a chance.
Nah...

hindy111

Post Whore
Stefano named as a development player. I assume BA wont be able to play him untill rnd 17. I was a little suprised.

Any idea how old Rhys Davies is and also who is our back up hooker?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Stefano named as a development player. I assume BA wont be able to play him untill rnd 17. I was a little suprised.

Any idea how old Rhys Davies is and also who is our back up hooker?
Stefano is gone by the looks.

So glad we locked up the likes of Stone and Davey first.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah I heard a friend mention Tigers where gunning for him but I reckon all fluff. I doubt BA let's him go.
I heard the same, time for O’Neill to start locking our promising rising stars. Mahoney and Drown are free agents as well atm.

Gronk

Staff member
Stefano is gone by the looks.

So glad we locked up the likes of Stone and Davey first.

Dylan, Mahoney and Stefano are all unsigned for 2021. Even Mennings for this year.

Must be that O'Neill is hopeless. Couldn't be any other reason I'm sure.

hindy111

Post Whore
Why do you assume that Stefano is gone? He's nowhere near ready to play NRL regularly at the moment. His leg speed is awful.

It is. I watched plenty of Wenty and Mannah outshone them every game.
Terepo didnt have anymore impact in NSW cup or NRL however so it can be hard to gauge. But Stefano and Kafusi do have a lot of drive once hit defense.
Like you said leg speed and acceleration is a concern. But that could change with an off season.