What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breakout year?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Just want to start a thread on who people think is going to be a surprise breakout star in 2020. Please keep the negativity to a minimum, and for god’s sake don’t mention Mary. I’m sick of flogging a dead horse. Just want a positive discussion. I have a feeling Josh Kerr will become a consistent first grader this year, cement a bench spot and maybe push for a starting spot.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think Norman and/or Lawrie will be our surprise in 2020
I think Lawrie will go well too but it won’t surprise me, he’s been building very nicely imo, never has a bad game. Another pre season, especially under this Nazi trainer we signed he should go to yet another level.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I believe Norman and Hunt's combination will flourish in 2020. Hunt has shown when given stability he can be among our best, we must remember 2018 was only last year during that first half of the season when he was the form half of the NRL until his family tragically suffered a miscarriage.

I'm not mentioning Mary here for the sake of negativity, but his spine strategy in 2019 was horrible and was a large part of our complete lack of flow this year. Now that our 6 and 7 is set with no doubts, they have a whole off season to pair up

Expecting good things from Sailor as well

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Just want to start a thread on who people think is going to be a surprise breakout star in 2020. Please keep the negativity to a minimum, and for god’s sake don’t mention Mary. I’m sick of flogging a dead horse. Just want a positive discussion. I have a feeling Josh Kerr will become a consistent first grader this year, cement a bench spot and maybe push for a starting spot.

I agree, Kerr could have a big season. Played pretty well despite being given limited minutes.

Old Timer

Coach
Sorry but I have to be truthful here and say until we know who is running the show and the tactics to be employed it is impossible to predict who will rise above mediocrity let alone shine.
The only real breakout I can see thus far will be those escaping to other clubs.
If push comes to shove I think the bloke that can show a bit if he gets a shot will be Clune. Good attacking footballer who plays what is in front of him but behind a beaten pack he would be killed.
If he gets a start Blacker due to his aggression.
Almost all of the rest have been seen and diminished by the style or lack there of.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I agree, Kerr could have a big season. Played pretty well despite being given limited minutes.
I don’t think he will be our best player I just have a feeling he will become a first grader. He’s a good fella too, does a lot in community, well spoken and a hard trainer by all accounts. It’s going to get a full and solid pre season, is not burned out and is at a good age to make a fist of it.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Agree...

Mary will break out of these coaching shackles that have held him back for the past 5 seasons..

Where will he go?

Who knows..

What will he do?

Who cares..

But he’ll be free...

Fly, marybird, fly.. You’re free now..

Latest posts