What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What's more, you can choose to look at the positives (the player we lost is overpaid or has a back injury) or you can choose the negatives (Utoikamanu is the next Payne Haas!!!)

Glenneel

Bench
Managers doing their job. He won’t leave. It’s not like we don’t rate him and managed him properly when he had his back injury.
Here we go again! Drown should have been signed before 1 Nov but we lowballed him and he thinks he's worth more. Understandable since Warriors made huge play for him. If the 4 clubs making offers are shit clubs he might stay for slightly less but if Roosters/Broncos come calling he's gone. Regardless, if he stays, we'll be paying much more than we want to.

Gronk

Staff member
Here we go again! Drown should have been signed before 1 Nov but we lowballed him and he thinks he's worth more. Understandable since Warriors made huge play for him. If the 4 clubs making offers are shit clubs he might stay for slightly less but if Roosters/Broncos come calling he's gone. Regardless, if he stays, we'll be paying much more than we want to.

You just guessed all that.

Glenneel

Bench
He and Moses are good enough to win a comp with. Like any halves, the quality of the team around them matters as much as the halves themselves.
Disagree strongly there. A shit half will make a quality team worse as much as a quality half will improve a shit team. Look at Brisbane, quality team, shit halves, result 58-0 thrashing.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mate I've got enough depressing stuff with actual depression. What some teenager said in the paper or a score in a game I'm not playing? Meaningless in the long run.
To you it’s meaningless. We all support this soul destroying club in different ways.

84 Baby

Referee
It constantly amazes me how many people, in society in general, are so quick to accept the most negative view of something...
Na you’re full of shit. No one does tha.... oh wait....
Sorry Bazal you were right

Bazal

Post Whore
To you it’s meaningless. We all support this soul destroying club in different ways.

Yeah but I'm not just talking about the club. I'm currently sitting next to the mopiest prick at work... He'd give you a run for your money!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah we would've gotten him cheaper if we made our offer six months ago while he was in bed with a back injury ffs!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Regardless of what he said, he’s been talking about testing his value since March. Good luck to the kid.

Tbh, who among us can honestly say they wouldn't do the same, if we were in his position?

The key here is trust, and respect- if we tell Dylan, "We value you as a player, but we are worried about your back injuries; this is our offer," and Dylan thinks he can get more, then we either come up with a contract with some clauses in it to safeguard us, or we cut the ties.

I have faith in our management team.

I am disappointed we lost Utoikamanu - but I'm glad we didn't pay the ridiculous amount the Tigers ended up paying to secure his services.

Utoikamanu will probably make it, but at this stage at least, he's an unknown variable; I would rather we focus on known quantities.

Avenger

Immortal
Tbh, who among us can honestly say they wouldn't do the same, if we were in his position?

The key here is trust, and respect- if we tell Dylan, "We value you as a player, but we are worried about your back injuries; this is our offer," and Dylan thinks he can get more, then we either come up with a contract with some clauses in it to safeguard us, or we cut the ties.

I have faith in our management team.

I am disappointed we lost Utoikamanu - but I'm glad we didn't pay the ridiculous amount the Tigers ended up paying to secure his services.

Utoikamanu will probably make it, but at this stage at least, he's an unknown variable; I would rather we focus on known quantities.
He only went for $20k a year more than what we offered.