What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

RIP Larry Wallis, British singer, guitarist, member of The Pink Faries and an early member of Motorhead. I saw Larry supporting The Fleshtones in London way back in 1982, He was among the first acts signed to Stiff records, his tune Police Car (See below) used to get played regularly on the old 2JJ.

Wallis played on the Motorhead album before their first record ‘On Parole’. The album went unreleased until 1979 when the label decided to finally put it out based on the success of the first three albums.

Wallis left Motorhead in 1976, a year before the debut album (without him) was released. However he was represented on the first album was co-writer of the song ‘Vibrator’.

Larry Wallis went on to become a record producer at new punk and new wave label Stiff Records. He recorded a song single ‘Police Car/On Parole’ for Stiff. The single was produced by Nick Lowe. ‘Police Car’ was later covered by The Members.

The Wreckless Eric albums ‘A Louder Silence’ and ‘Wreckless Eric’ were also produced by Wallis.

In 1987 Wallis reformed his pre-Motorhead band The Pink Fairies. They recorded and released a new album ‘Kill ‘Em and Eat ‘Em’ in 1987.

In all of that time Wallis only released one solo album ‘Death in the Guitafternoon’ in 2001.

Noise11 on Instagram

Quigs

Immortal
And Blind Faith. Had one of those big black and white posters of Ginger on my wall. The twin bass drums. The 12 minute drum solos.

Feej must be devastated.

What happened to Ginger Thomas? I know he was bloody old but what took him out.

carcharias

Immortal

Latest posts