What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

I watched Easy Rider this morning on SBS On Demand.
It is a cool movie.
Peter made numerous cool movies, inlc the original 60s biker exploitation movie, The WIld Angels, where he makes the speech about the bikers wanting to nbe free and get loaded, which is featured on Primal Scream's "Loaded".
https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/primal-scream/what-is-sample-loaded-primal-scream/

In between making minor Hollywood movies in teh mid 60s, he recorded this single.

The Sharks were cool circa 2016.ATM they are lukey warm.If they make the semis, I'll call Gal Cool Handed Luke.

I thought the Sharks were cooler when we had lots of guys with long hair in the mid 70s, like Greg Pierce, Rick Bourke, Steve Edmonds , and Greg Mullane, who all looked like they were ready to strap a guitar on and go on stage.

taipan

Referee
I thought the Sharks were cooler when we had lots of guys with long hair in the mid 70s, like Greg Pierce, Rick Bourke, Steve Edmonds , and Greg Mullane, who all looked like they were ready to strap a guitar on and go on stage.

They were cooler than cool."Thems' were the days my friend,I thought they'd never end."Or something like that.

Peter made numerous cool movies, inlc the original 60s biker exploitation movie, The WIld Angels, where he makes the speech about the bikers wanting to nbe free and get loaded, which is featured on Primal Scream's "Loaded".
https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/primal-scream/what-is-sample-loaded-primal-scream/

In between making minor Hollywood movies in teh mid 60s, he recorded this single.
I'll raise you the Primal Scream with Mudhoney and In and Out of Grace. They sampled the same speech in 1988.

Larry ‘The Mole’ Taylor, a founding member of Canned Heat has passed away at the age of 77.

Larry was the bass player for Canned Heat. Before Canned Heat he was the session player for The Monkees and before that Jerry Lee Lewis.

Larry played on Tom Waits albums from ‘Heart attack and Vine’ in 1980 through to ‘Bad As Me’ in 2011. He was on John Mayall albums from ‘Empty Rooms’ in 1969 to ‘Rock The Blues Tonight’ in 2012 and all of The Monkees records from ‘The Monkees’ 1966 through to ‘Music Box’ 2001.

He played on albums for Albert King, Solomon Burke, Buddy Guy, Wanda Jackson, Tracy Chapman, Kim Wilson, Charlie Musselwhite, JJ Cale, Ry Cooder, John Lee Hooker, and Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart.

Canned Heat were announced to play at Woodstock 50 last week but the show was cancelled.

carcharias

Immortal
So did I , On the Road Again and Goin Up the Country were on the Top 40 at the time I started getting seriously into music.
Our drummers wife play the flute
We had no idea
She is like full orchestra level from Germany , I have been trying to get her to play goin up the country with us for a while.
Bloody love that song when the drums kick in.

carcharias

Immortal
Get her to do a bit of Jethro Tull.
That’s probably too obscure for our punters.
:grinning:
Dead set . I can put on TripleM and hear 4 songs in a row we play.

My only chance is when the other guitarist breaks a string.
Then I go rogue.
Last Friday I did the lemonheads/smudge/car tv commercial “outdoor type”.

Might do “my drug buddy” this Friday if he breaks another one.

:metal:

coolumsharkie

Referee
That’s probably too obscure for our punters.
:grinning:
Dead set . I can put on TripleM and hear 4 songs in a row we play.

My only chance is when the other guitarist breaks a string.
Then I go rogue.
Last Friday I did the lemonheads/smudge/car tv commercial “outdoor type”.

Might do “my drug buddy” this Friday if he breaks another one.

:metal:

Fk em' if they can't take a joke! Hit em' with "Locomotive Breath" They'll be jumping around in no time.