What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters
So Israel says he is against all discrimination but finds no problem with condemning those he feels aren’t worthy

Mysterious fellow
He wasn't condemning ppl, all he was saying was that in his opinion God does not want us to certain things, and these are the certain things.

Meth

Staff member
Better than 14 million.

not quite as legally cut and dry as some on here made it out to be

https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby...a/news-story/7ec5205ef31787c355817843d0edc149

Former Wallaby and media personality Peter FitzSimons spoke to ABC’s RN Drive about his disappointment regarding the Folau saga, rueing the potential rugby career the former superstar could have enjoyed.

“With Israel Folau, he will be remembered in Australian Rugby as ... one of the most talented players ever to pull on a Wallaby jersey and the greatest disaster to ever befall the Wallabies,” FitzSimons said.

Meth

Staff member
https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby...a/news-story/7ec5205ef31787c355817843d0edc149

Former Wallaby and media personality Peter FitzSimons spoke to ABC’s RN Drive about his disappointment regarding the Folau saga, rueing the potential rugby career the former superstar could have enjoyed.

“With Israel Folau, he will be remembered in Australian Rugby as ... one of the most talented players ever to pull on a Wallaby jersey and the greatest disaster to ever befall the Wallabies,” FitzSimons said.

I can't stand Fitzsimons, but he's right on both counts there- although I don't think he was ever really as good as some made him out to be. At least, not consistently.

carcharias

Immortal
I can't stand Fitzsimons, but he's right on both counts there- although I don't think he was ever really as good as some made him out to be. At least, not consistently.

Fitzsimmons speaks his mind
Big deal
That is his job to be controversial .
He hates rugby league. Meh
I’ve seen Mat Johns hang shit on AFL many times.
No difference really.

he is a bloody smart bloke
Read one of books - they are extremely good.
I suggest Batavia.10/10

Anyway he wore that stupid thing on his head for years to show his kids he loves them.

if anything he is dedicated.

Now
How do I get a job where I can break the company rules and still get a massive payout ?

bazza

Referee
Any news if the settlement includes what he can/can't do in terms of playing sport in the future?

chrisD

Coach
Simons's meltdowns have been the true entertainment in all this.
Everybody wants to know how much. I have no inside knowledge of the terms, not even a hint, but my bet is it will be about $200,000 to $300,000.

I haven't the faintest clue, but here's a number that makes me feel better so I'm just going to run with that, says supposed adult in print media.

Apey

Staff member
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12...ts-wildly-inaccurate-rugby-australia/11768456

In a press conference later in the morning, Castle refused to disclose the exact sum, but said the decision was a "commercial" one.

"We didn't back down — we needed to give the game some certainty," she said.

"This was that. And it is a situation where the settlement is less than the cost of a trial going ahead.

"Taking this conversation further into a court situation was not in the best interests of the game."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...defends-folau-settlement-20191205-p53h36.html

Castle refuted media reports that put the organisation's payout anywhere between "several" and $8 million, confirming that RA had taken out some form of limited liability insurance and said the confidential figure was something the game could live with.

"That's the good thing about the settlement, it's put us in a place where we do have certainty and there won't be any money taken out of community rugby and we won't have to make any changes to the budget situation," she said.

Guessing as usual, it's somewhere in the middle.

ACTPanthers

Bench
He wasn't condemning ppl, all he was saying was that in his opinion God does not want us to certain things, and these are the certain things.
So... saying "Drunks, homosexuals, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists, Idolators: Hell Awaits You" isn't condemning people...? ok... sounds a lot like condemnation to me.

Homo man69

Juniors
As a proud gay man I have absolute no problem with him playing league or union. You see we have this thing in this country called freedom of speech. This allows me to parade up and down the street in nothing but my g string. On the flip side it also allows guys like Folau to speak there mind. I am so sick of people speaking on my behalf. I haven’t met another gay guy that thinks different to me but I have witnessed other people who are not gay speaking against it on my behalf. That Union player Pocock is speaking with freedom of speech. Also according to his religion he’s right. Gays go to hell. The point of this is don’t speak on my behalf and freedom of speech works both ways.

kris rebane

Juniors
Amens.

This is truth from far in Estonia.

Gays. How many like the league!?

how many of this ppls g pans actively support games in both league and union!?

Your country supports LGBT blah blah yet what do u get in return?
Where is NRL float in gay parade?

Forget Roberts and the aids guy in England, where is the carryover in culture between homosexuals and ‘Victa’ lawnmower type nrl grassroots support?

Yet Folau representation the islander and Christian community, combined, maybe half the league loving people.

Get with it guys!

This is a message from Estonia. The smartest people of the western white world. Google it.

carcharias

Immortal
As a proud gay man I have absolute no problem with him playing league or union. You see we have this thing in this country called freedom of speech. This allows me to parade up and down the street in nothing but my g string. On the flip side it also allows guys like Folau to speak there mind. I am so sick of people speaking on my behalf. I haven’t met another gay guy that thinks different to me but I have witnessed other people who are not gay speaking against it on my behalf. That Union player Pocock is speaking with freedom of speech. Also according to his religion he’s right. Gays go to hell. The point of this is don’t speak on my behalf and freedom of speech works both ways.
Go to hell!

Latest posts