What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Some on here were only too happy to accept the media figures and that DWZ was on 600K or more not to mention Waqa Blake on similar money.

I don’t think either of the above were on anywhere near the money the media reported but given what the fox brings to the side well he is going to command much more that the figures you mention above!

Whare is on a relatively small contract. He lives Glenmore Park, has a young family and was happy to accept his moderate contract for five years. He ain’t going anywhere and given his age, injury history he is no longer an attractive proposition to shop around. He will see out his deal with us even if only as a back up and will provide good value at that.

I would think that the only outside back that would be of interest in a player swap for the Storm would be Brian To’o but even then I don’t think he fit’s Bellamy’s criteria. He likes big, tall outside backs and To’o is simply too small.

I think the Fox clearly has a club ready to go given his situation and in all likelihood it probably isn’t the Panthers.

I think he has a deal with Souths. Will swap with Gagai or something

My issue wasn’t that money being paid out but those guys not deserving it. JAC is all class so same can’t be said for him

Kilkenny

Coach
I have a feeling this might be the last season for Sauce.

Both Josh and Dean Whare are contracted thru 2021.

I think in respect of both players the only way they can expect to prolong there careers is to go the ESL.

I’m not sure there family situations would make the ESL an attractive proposition for either but at the end of the day I guess it depends on the dollars.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think he has a deal with Souths. Will swap with Gagai or something

My issue wasn’t that money being paid out but those guys not deserving it. JAC is all class so same can’t be said for him

Again we go around in circles with the supposed salary cap. Yes the NRL have granted salary cap dispensation for the early retirement of Sam Burgess but he is just one player.

If you believe the media they are within a bee’s dick of signing Jai Arrow, Latrell Mitchell and now you throw JAC into the mix.

I don’t get the whole salary cap merry go round. Sorry. Here we are with our roster maxed out and yet the Eels have bounced back big time a couple of years on from blatant cheating of the cap, Souths in the mix for some huge marquee signings, and so it goes on without even mentioning the Bronco’s, Cowboys etc etc.

Albeit we produce more quality juniors than most clubs it remains a shame we don’t have a draft similar to the Aussie Rules which is surely the only way to truly even out the playing field.

OldPanther

Coach
There’s the moral to the story never turn your back for a minute otherwise sure as anything there will be a dagger in it.

Where were you anyway when this forum needed a calming influence.

Making star wars videos and tending to my sick newborn. Have missed the place.

My review and it has spoilers so beware.

Kilkenny

Coach
Making star wars videos and tending to my sick newborn. Have missed the place.

My review and it has spoilers so beware.

Probably showing my age I guess never been into Star Wars and still think One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest is the greatest movie off all time followed very closely by Forest Gump.

Kilkenny

Coach
?

Yeah it's just what's big at the moment. You have reasonable taste in movies.

I could watch both of the above every day of the week and never tire of them they were so good but that’s just me.

It’s kinda funny I never quite got into the Star Wars thing given the original came out in 1977 when I was in my late teens. Never saw the original and not watched once since even though my wife and I are regular movie goers.

I know this is off track but my eldest son (who is in his early 30’s) both his recent partners had never seen Forrest Gump prior to hitching up with him. At my insistence both subsequently watched it and one loved it, crying and all and the other didn’t think it was anything special. She remain the only person ever to watch Forrest Gump and not be captivated by it. (IMO).

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
I could watch both of the above every day of the week and never tire of them they were so good but that’s just me.

It’s kinda funny I never quite got into the Star Wars thing given the original came out in 1977 when I was in my late teens. Never saw the original and not watched once since even though my wife and I are regular movie goers.

That makes sense. I'm not exactly a big fan. I like the OT and prequels but that's really it. There's much better movies out there.

Kilkenny

Coach
Would be cool for the off season if everyone was to participate. I'll probably not be hanging around though.

For the rom com lovers I see Notting Hill is on Foxtel this evening.

If the big bash is boring or the Wanderers are getting flogged again Notting HIil it is still a great movie so Channel 407 on Foxtel could be worth tuning into.

OldPanther

Coach
For the rom com lovers I see Notting Hill is on Foxtel this evening.

If the big bash is boring or the Wanderers are getting flogged again Notting HIil it is still a great movie so Channel 407 on Foxtel could be worth tuning into.

The wife likes a Hugh Grant movie. Anyway all the best everyone. I'm just not doing the personal digs anymore. Hope Panthers pick things up next year. See ya.

Fangs

Coach
Probably showing my age I guess never been into Star Wars and still think One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest is the greatest movie off all time followed very closely by Forest Gump.

Very good film, one of the greatest performances maybe not greatest film.

Kilkenny

Coach
Very good film, one of the greatest performances maybe not greatest film.

Truly amazing acting performance by Jack Nicholson. Actually I think there is a poster on here who could be Nurse Ratched in disguise but I won’t reveal there identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.