What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomoz

Bench
I could watch both of the above every day of the week and never tire of them they were so good but that’s just me.

It’s kinda funny I never quite got into the Star Wars thing given the original came out in 1977 when I was in my late teens. Never saw the original and not watched once since even though my wife and I are regular movie goers.

I know this is off track but my eldest son (who is in his early 30’s) both his recent partners had never seen Forrest Gump prior to hitching up with him. At my insistence both subsequently watched it and one loved it, crying and all and the other didn’t think it was anything special. She remain the only person ever to watch Forrest Gump and not be captivated by it. (IMO).
In my experience, it is very hard to "get into" Star Wars if you don't actually watch it. Movies by osmosis doesn't work. Just saying.....

Blues Riff

Bench
I like Jack he has great potential maintain his aggression but in a disciplined manner. Had a terrible 2019 with injury and other issue so he must be champing at the bit to get his career back on track.
Agree with this, but what I like most is the correct use of "champing", that is when a horse grinds it's back teeth.

Kilkenny

Coach
I wonder if the storm would be interested in mansour as a swap for the fox.
Mansour could do well in the storm system.

I don’t think Mansour would be of any interest to the Storm.

Im hoping Josh has some good fortune and gets back to somewhere near his best for us. He can still offer plenty even if he is not the classic modern day winger.

TheFrog

Coach
Probably showing my age I guess never been into Star Wars and still think One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest is the greatest movie off all time followed very closely by Forest Gump.
Dr Strangelove for me. 1963, black and white. Kubrick at his most poignant, and its a (black) comedy. Catch 22 is another but suffers in comparison with the novel it is based on.

She remain the only person ever to watch Forrest Gump and not be captivated by it.
I think it's OK. A good, if somewhat fanciful portrayal of autism. But I wasn't captivated by it either.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Aside from the Roosters. The rest of the comp is open for the rest of the top 8.

We have a better squad now then we had when we were 2 and 8.

This starting pack will stand up against most in the comp

Tamou
Api
JFH
Kikau
Martin
Yeo

We now have the option to put a Kiwi test player and a fringe Origin player from very successful clubs on the bench. Which allows guys like Blore, Jed and Hetherington find form in NSW Cup after disrupted seasons.

Got the NSW half - Should continue to develop
To'o could be anything
Edwards is off contract so you'd expect he would want to perform
Crichton tasted FG. Played SOO u'20's...Having a pre season would help him. As Naden

I'd rate our roster over Brisbane, Souths have no forwards. Sharks are still getting cap right. WT are weaker. Question marks on what the Storm roster will look like

So no reason we can't atleast finish 6-8 and that is a good result given how the roster stands

JFH can be top 5 forward in game.
Kikau is a weapon

Rest do the job.

lynx000

Juniors
We know that a lot of players come out with negative comments toward him from both Broncos and Panthers. It's public knowledge.

It's very rare players want to make negative comments toward former coaches too. Outside of the few that like to campaign to get coaches sacked ofcourse.

Ie. If Farah said something it doesn't hold much weight.
Nope, not true re the broncos, he was well liked by the squad or at least a majority of it and most of them were upset that he was moved on.

TheFrog

Coach
This from a coach who had increasingly distanced himself from his boss and colleagues while having a very small group of players he actually got along with and a very large group that didn't like him.
Gus will be the first to tell you that footballers are paid to play football, and whether they like the coach or not is immaterial.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Gus will be the first to tell you that footballers are paid to play football, and whether they like the coach or not is immaterial.
A coach can only be hated if he's also respected. Griffin got all the respect he deserved, which was very little

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I didn’t really think that much of Hook, but he certainly didn’t deserve what he got from our club.

I’ve never really been a big fan of Ivan, but hopefully that all changes next season.

I think the addition of Trent Barrett will help us tremendously and hopefully fill a hole we’ve had for some time!

Dave's mate

Juniors
I didn’t really think that much of Hook, but he certainly didn’t deserve what he got from our club.

I’ve never really been a big fan of Ivan, but hopefully that all changes next season.

I think the addition of Trent Barrett will help us tremendously and hopefully fill a hole we’ve had for some time!
Yeah but it kinda evens out. He had no right to be given the job in the first place.
Anyways I think we'll be playing finals football in 2020

franklin2323

Immortal

I think Hook could of done better with better run with injuries and not always butting heads with staff.

I too don’t rate Ivan. I think having an experience attack coach will help and I rate the young guys.. think we are far from top 4 but finals are realistic

martielang

Bench
Yeah but it kinda evens out. He had no right to be given the job in the first place.
Anyways I think we'll be playing finals football in 2020

Yippeeeee, finals!

So glad we fired our coach who got us there 3 times in 3 years, just so we could miss them the following year & then lower our expectations enough so we think it’s some sort of major achievement in to make it again.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Yippeeeee, finals!

So glad we fired our coach who got us there 3 times in 3 years, just so we could miss them the following year & then lower our expectations enough so we think it’s some sort of major achievement in to make it again.
Ivan's second appointment here is on par with Griffdogs signing. Incompetent

Status
Not open for further replies.