What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

sempmrh

Juniors
I know this is an unpopular opinion but I don’t mind the white Aland logo on the Parra jersey. At least it’s made to look like a part of the design instead of being a white patch slapped on.

I think the Souths jersey is improved by having the larger Aqualand logo. It just looks right. I still don’t understand why the top red stripe doesn’t continue onto the sleeves like the one below it, though.

kdalymc

Bench
I know this is an unpopular opinion but I don’t mind the white Aland logo on the Parra jersey. At least it’s made to look like a part of the design instead of being a white patch slapped on.

I think the Souths jersey is improved by having the larger Aqualand logo. It just looks right. I still don’t understand why the top red stripe doesn’t continue onto the sleeves like the one below it, though.

BAN yourself for a week mate

Alex28

Coach
I’ve never heard them collectively referred to as Village Roadshow Theme Parks
They are sponsoring the Brisbane Heat BBL team with the same logo on their caps. It is odd marketing agree - anyone who doesn’t have a passing interest in business wouldn’t have a clue who they are really.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They are sponsoring the Brisbane Heat BBL team with the same logo on their caps. It is odd marketing agree - anyone who doesn’t have a passing interest in business wouldn’t have a clue who they are really.

I'm not sure what tax breaks or other perks sports sponsorship brings to a company but I doubt many companies do it to get massive brand marketing exposure. Especially in a population limited sport like NRL.

Saint Doc

Coach
I'm not sure what tax breaks or other perks sports sponsorship brings to a company but I doubt many companies do it to get massive brand marketing exposure. Especially in a population limited sport like NRL.

A “population limited sport”?

What % of attendees to the Gold Coast Theme parks come from Qld/NSW/ACT do you think? Plus then add in some smaller interest in Melbourne/NZ.

I would guess NRL would be the ideal sponsorship opportunity for them.

Perth Red

Post Whore
A “population limited sport”?

What % of attendees to the Gold Coast Theme parks come from Qld/NSW/ACT do you think? Plus then add in some smaller interest in Melbourne/NZ.

I would guess NRL would be the ideal sponsorship opportunity for them.

At best a million people watch NRL. At best 10-20% of them are going to the GC theme parks. Its really not that much exposure.

kdalymc

Bench
anyone who doesn’t have a passing interest in business wouldn’t have a clue who they are really.
this is the same as 90% of nrl sponsorship tho
like, without Googling it, who know was some of these companies are

i do see we're their coming from- they wanna advertise all 4 (?) parks, but yeah most people go huh, either not bother, and a small % would google it.

ive asked this question before, and i got some pretty good responses saying
1, the companies dont care- they need to write money off somewhere etc
2. its good to have your name on something either way

Santino Patane

Juniors
At best a million people watch NRL. At best 10-20% of them are going to the GC theme parks. Its really not that much exposure.

I think there’s a lot more to it than that. Local (all of SEQ) attendance to the theme parks is a huge cash cow for them that heavily supplements the visitor market. Most families I know will get an annual pass for either Dreamworld or Village Roadshow. So with this in mind, I don’t think the intention is to reach a national market, but more locally. The potential for VRT to link to a huge market that would have high return for them (the Gold Coast is the 2nd largest RL junior catchment in the nation).

Plus, I think there are much smarter people than you and I that live and breath marketing making these decisions. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

sempmrh

Juniors
I think a lot of sponsorship is simply for recognition and familiarity. They’re not always trying to directly sell a product to you but they do want you to remember them. If you’re in the supermarket to buy chicken and you have the option between Steggles and another brand - hey, at least you know Steggles. That matters to brands.

cooko

Juniors
I think a lot of sponsorship is simply for recognition and familiarity. They’re not always trying to directly sell a product to you but they do want you to remember them. If you’re in the supermarket to buy chicken and you have the option between Steggles and another brand - hey, at least you know Steggles. That matters to brands.
And I'm sure a number of Easts members and fans like me would but a Steggles frozen chook over an Inghams one.

Latest posts