What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Saint Doc

Coach
https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2020/01/08/brailey-excited-for-the-year-ahead/

Sharks 9s jersey in the flesh. Thankfully the bright red gums are actually darker in person.

But the armpit eyes are literally in the armpits.

Edit: Video shows the jersey at about 58 seconds in.

To save anyone else clicking that putrid website.

also- not sure if this has been brought up before...but how are the sharks allowed 2 sponsor logos on the front of their jerseys? I know it’s the same parent company, but it looks terrible, and shouldn’t be allowed.

Saint Doc

Coach
To save anyone else clicking that putrid website.

also- not sure if this has been brought up before...but how are the sharks allowed 2 sponsor logos on the front of their jerseys? I know it’s the same parent company, but it looks terrible, and shouldn’t be allowed.

photo wouldn’t upload for some reason. Oh well!

yakstorm

First Grade
At best a million people watch NRL. At best 10-20% of them are going to the GC theme parks. Its really not that much exposure.

200,000 isn't a small number, especially when these parks get on average 1.3m visitors per year.

That said, whilst I'm sure VRP will be hoping to keep the awareness up for their parks amongst the RL community, I imagine their main targets will be:
  • Gaining access to the Titans Membership & Fan DBs to market to and convert to season passes.
  • Gaining contacts within the Titans Sponsorship portfolio and encouraging these businesses to bring their employees to the parks.
  • Creating PR opportunities to get the parks in the news for something good (ie. players take kids from a charity to Wet N Wild)
Village Roadshow is very stringent with their partnerships, so I'm sure they've done the sums and expect to make an ROI.

NRL clubs aren't charities so there is no tax benefit to sponsorship.

insert.pause

First Grade
053-C2-CD3-3534-40-CC-88-DE-A338-B5-B1933-F.jpg

Can’t say that I’m a fan of the new origin logo...

GAZF

First Grade
Origin iconography doesn't fit the general design theme. They needed to either go more abstract, keeping it within the shield shape, or come up with a new icon altogether.

sempmrh

Juniors
While I appreciate simplifying and refining logos, this is another one that’s gone too far and lost its character.

Latest posts