What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Randwick Rabbit

Juniors
If the ONLY reason my club was still in existence, was that fans of every other NRL club gave up their time to help save it, I sure as hell wouldn't be putting shit on those same fans in the way you do.
I'd be grateful.
But maybe that's just me.
The ONLY reason??? Pretty sure that the 3 judges who presided over the appeal to the Federal Court did not take into account the marches, or the emotional outpouring from disgruntled fans involved. They simply had to decide from a legal point of view whether the exclusion of Souths was lawful. Judgement was handed down (2-1 majority) ruling that the club’s exclusion from the competition was in breach of the Trade Practices Act. Thanks for marching though.....

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Kind of like the Rorters wasn’t it

Between 1984 and 1995, the Roosters reached the semi-finals once,[15] and became known to critics as the "transit lounge", due to the high frequency of player purchases and releases

I didn’t know the 1990’s ended in 1995, though as a Souths fan, you obviously didn’t receive much of an education.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The ONLY reason??? Pretty sure that the 3 judges who presided over the appeal to the Federal Court did not take into account the marches, or the emotional outpouring from disgruntled fans involved. They simply had to decide from a legal point of view whether the exclusion of Souths was lawful. Judgement was handed down (2-1 majority) ruling that the club’s exclusion from the competition was in breach of the Trade Practices Act. Thanks for marching though.....

And the money that kept these legal proceedings going were from fans of many other clubs who donated at the March, attended the concert at Redfern Oval and also the USA game.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
On a computer screen - no.

Neither does any Wests Tiger Jersey look anything like 90s Balmain or Western Suburbs.
images

images

Last edited:

jack coburn

Juniors

could have sworn news appealed the decision and told they had right to kick Souths out but let them stay because of the support from all supporters.
I didn’t buy a telegraph for 2 years even though Souths is not my team.
Have you ever tried reading the herald in the wind. I had workmates who followed Souths who would turn up with the Tele and I would hammer them.

Randwick Rabbit

Juniors
could have sworn news appealed the decision and told they had right to kick Souths out but let them stay because of the support from all supporters.
The NRL however agreed that it was time to put all of the past differences aside and move forward.

Last edited:

Randwick Rabbit

Juniors
Are all Souffs fans unaware of the history of the club?
I don't know if all of them are unaware SBD, but I am completely aware. The quoted discussion was referencing the final court judgement handed down by the full bench of the Federal Court on the 6th of July 2001. This was NOT appealed by News Ltd or the NRL. They stated afterwards that they wished to invite Souths for discussions into possible reinstatement. Sorry if the facts spoil your retort.

SBD82

Coach
I don't know if all of them are unaware SBD, but I am completely aware. The quoted discussion was referencing the final court judgement handed down by the full bench of the Federal Court on the 6th of July 2001. This was NOT appealed by News Ltd or the NRL. They stated afterwards that they wished to invite Souths for discussions into possible reinstatement. Sorry if the facts spoil your retort.
So we are just going to forget about the high court ruling that the NRL and News had every right to kick Souffs out of the comp?

Mr Spock!

Referee
I didn’t buy a telegraph for 2 years even though Souths is not my team.
Have you ever tried reading the herald in the wind. I had workmates who followed Souths who would turn up with the Tele and I would hammer them.
Cancelled fox sports at the time.

Told them why.

Never had it back.

Latest posts