What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
This would be an awesome signing if we could pull it off. Frizell is one of the elite second rowers in the game and really ticks all the boxes of what we’ve been lacking for a long time.

That being said the Roosters will probably get him as a depth signing so no point in getting my hopes up.

Yosh

Coach
Nice. He wants to get it sorted quickly for the Dragons and their fans. To me it sounds like he wants to get his move away organized asap so the Dragons can organize life without him

Knight76

Juniors
Nice. He wants to get it sorted quickly for the Dragons and their fans. To me it sounds like he wants to get his move away organized asap so the Dragons can organize life without him

I'm a big believer in the words a person uses betraying their intentions. Sorting it out for the Dragons and "their" fans, seems to me like he is already mentally distancing himself from the club.

He also said he has to make a decision thats best for his future, and that sometimes things don't work out, that you can't always stay at a club.

All of that seems to point to him at least at the moment, leaning towards leaving.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Just beat me to posting this....sounds like a very early indication that we are definitely the front runner and you’re right ‘gus’ - if I were a Dragons fan, that interview would be a very disturbing pointer that Frizell is not staying with the red V
yep, he aint staying if that interview is anything to go by.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/pe...s/news-story/ed1df5ba78dec6edc9efa57265bb0773

“People know that I’m looking to win a premiership hopefully and play finals footy, that’s what we do it for,” Frizell said.

“You can go and chase the money, that’s a nice part of it but if that’s what driving us we’re not going to be successful at all.

“A lot of things are taken in. I haven’t made my decision."

Does he believe we can win a Premiership ?

Last edited:

PhilGould

Bench
Toohey's News

- If all goes to plan Knights could be in position to announce signing of Tyson Frizell from 2021, re-signing of Connor Watson, and an upgrade + 2-year extension for Kalyn Ponga before round 1.

- Knights and Frizell will meet again this week with a decision expected sooner rather than later. Dragons unlikely to be able to even get close to the Knights offer $ wise. Pearce and Klemmer have been in his ear as part of the recruitment process.

- Watson has told the club he wants to stay and O'Brien wants him around long-term.

- Ponga could earn up to $100k extra this season if he wants to extend.

- Guerra likely off to England after this season.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Toohey's News

- If all goes to plan Knights could be in position to announce signing of Tyson Frizell from 2021, re-signing of Connor Watson, and an upgrade + 2-year extension for Kalyn Ponga before round 1.

- Knights and Frizell will meet again this week with a decision expected sooner rather than later. Dragons unlikely to be able to even get close to the Knights offer $ wise. Pearce and Klemmer have been in his ear as part of the recruitment process.

- Watson has told the club he wants to stay and O'Brien wants him around long-term.

If we land Frizell we are only a 5/8 away from a title.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I remember hearing that we’ll never be a first grade side with Barnett or Fitzgibbon in the 17.
I've been re-watching our games from last season and Barny is criminally under rated IMO. He really does make the plays that change the game or inspires his team mates. His best years are ahead of him.

Yosh

Coach
Toohey's News

Surely you're pulling my leg? That's not how the Knights operate... Clearly it's supposed to be:

- If all goes to plan Knights could be in position to announce signing of Adam Blair from 2021, re-signing of Kurt Gidley (after a stellar Nines tournament), an upgrade of + 2-year extension for Lachlan Fitzgibbon before round 1.

- Knights and Adam Blair will meet again this week with a decision expected sooner rather than later. Warriors unlikely to be able to even get close to the Knights offer $ wise. Rick Stone and Michael Hagan have been in his ear as part of the recruitment process.

- Tau Tau Moga has told the club he wants to stay and O'Brien wants him around long-term.

- Fitzgibbon could earn up to $1 million extra this season because he is a local lad.

- Guerra likely to start at 5/8th all season because he is a good bloke.

In all honesty, that's how it's been the past two decades. Dead set. It's been a long 20 years...