What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
You've always attacked me personally. And I don't think you've ever agreed with anything I've ever said. So I don't know why you bother responding to my posts. What's the point? It's like some sort of recorded message.

He does the same with me. Its a friendly rivalry

hindy111

Post Whore
Well, mate, do you have a definition for 'gun players'? And do you disagree that we haven't developed and kept very many in the last 20 years? Hindy's original comment was that we hadn't developed very many 'gun' backs. I agreed and carried it a step further by including forwards as well. Do you disagree? Do you even have an opinion?

We haven't even developed a genuine first grader in back in last 10yrs.
To go back to players from over 15 -20yrs ago? We should be producing a player capable of playing in the backlineat NRL level every 2yrs imo.

I mean look at Sharks for example - Holmes,Xerri,Feki,Ramien off the top of head all in the last 5yrs.

hindy111

Post Whore
We haven't developed a gun back. We also have not developed a back at all bar Bevan French in last 10yrs that I can think of. Maybe Parry will become one.
Toupo is 10yrs ago. Most NRL clubs seem to bring a new player into their backline every 12mths. 2yrs at the longest. We have not been able to produce them.

Not a big deal. We found a few gens in Semi and Sivo. It was just something I noticed.

T.S Quint

Coach
We haven't developed a gun back. We also have not developed a back at all bar Bevan French in last 10yrs that I can think of. Maybe Parry will become one.
Toupo is 10yrs ago. Most NRL clubs seem to bring a new player into their backline every 12mths. 2yrs at the longest. We have not been able to produce them.

Not a big deal. We found a few gens in Semi and Sivo. It was just something I noticed.

We’ve been f**king awful for most of the last 10 years. Is it any surprise we haven’t developed a lot of really good players?
We seem to have done a lot better on the recruiting front lately, so hopefully the development side of things shines on through soon enough.

You're too quick to exonerate the supermarket chains IMHO. The cynic in me thinks that this is a nice way to shave off 10% to save a buck.

Firstly, the chains don't make it. Ingham's made that chicken mince and they'd be well up the shit if they were deliberately making underweight product.

Secondly, I actually think the chains are being dodgy. I think the nut scale is dodgy. It says 322g, you think cool, but you're actually getting 500g but you don't notice as it just goes through the checkout with the rest of your shopping.

Or, they're just lazy and don't calibrate their scales.

Perhaps the weight changes when freeze and unfreeze.

I doubt the guy in warehouse packing the shit is giving two f**ks about saving Coles 10%. He is more likely thinking how much he is sick of packing mince into a f**king container and wondering if there is more to life then this.

Moisture loss is less than 3g per 500g, I think. Not 100% sure on that but I can find out. Nevertheless, that mince is fresh and not frozen prior to landing in the store.

And there is no guy packing mince. It is done by machines, and the people are operating the machines. Every individual tray is weighed twice (once at packing and once at labeling) and a pic of every fully labeled tray is kept for record keeping.

Many, many times per day a selection of trays are randomly taken and weighed a third time by hand on a just-calbrated scale to ensure accuracy and adherence to what the label says.

I proved HJ was wrong with house prices and he went quiet on the whole subject.

Fake News.

I already explained why there is a small rise in the first half of this year and it's always been my position that it would occur. It won't last in the second half of the year.

Latest posts