What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Panthers - 4pm Sat 29 Feb 2020 - Bega Recreation Ground

Suitman

Post Whore
He really has. I thought he'd always be a weakness in defence but in the past couple of years he's improved out of sight. Putting on a bit of weight has helped a lot.

It's not just his built up physique. Although that certainly has helped.
His mentality and increase in confidence, along with the above improved aspects of his game has been the biggest assistance in his improvement. He's proving he is a strong character with intent to be the best.
He could very well turn out to be our best purchase in a decade.
Compare this to buying Foran.
Our club is heading in the right direction.

Kornstar

Coach
He hasn't said it for a while but he often used to say he was happy for us to take risks as long as we were prepared to defend our mistakes. Talk from Moses, Gutherson and Arthur's during/after the game today indicated we wanted to go set-for-set with teams, which means getting to our kick as the priority.

I’m ok with risks by the way but a lot of our errors are just plain fundamental errors and they have been there for a while.

eel01s

Bench
I think BA would have got a lot out of this trial as to how the side is tracking. I think he would be more focussed on the defensive effort, which for the most part, was pretty good.

Panthers scored off a RCG miss, and stupid error in our 10m, and a break when Smith got stood up at fullback. Not off set plays, not off poor defensive shapes from us.

We didn't show too much in attack, and dropped ball stopped us from scoring a few more tries. I too remember that trail against the Knight 2 years ago, and then how that season panned out. Look at the Roosters last season, did they look their best for the first third of the season?

I would much prefer that we start slow and steady, and keep building and improving throughout the year. No point being March or April premiers.

Eelogical

Referee
I think BA would have got a lot out of this trial as to how the side is tracking. I think he would be more focussed on the defensive effort, which for the most part, was pretty good.

Panthers scored off a RCG miss, and stupid error in our 10m, and a break when Smith got stood up at fullback. Not off set plays, not off poor defensive shapes from us.

We didn't show too much in attack, and dropped ball stopped us from scoring a few more tries. I too remember that trail against the Knight 2 years ago, and then how that season panned out. Look at the Roosters last season, did they look their best for the first third of the season?

I would much prefer that we start slow and steady, and keep building and improving throughout the year. No point being March or April premiers.
Mate, Eels supporters don't care too much for logic.

hindy111

Post Whore
Did anyone look good? I jeard Kafusi name mentioned. How about Stone?
I was going to watch the game but went and had a few beers instead.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Your a pain in arse.
He needs 20 games before we judge hin to get up to speed.
No, he’s too small for first grade and had F/A skill.

stay on the fence if you like but he’s not a first graders arsehole. He’s a poor mans Brendan Oake.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Did anyone look good? I jeard Kafusi name mentioned. How about Stone?
I was going to watch the game but went and had a few beers instead.

Moses was dangerous.

Gutherson was busy, and looked very fit.

Michael Jennings looked sharp.

Mahoney defended very well, and towards the end of the game, started kicking out of dummy half, and quite well, too.

Our best forwards, imo, were Paulo, Alvaro, and Kaufusi - but nobody was bad.

Several players made silly errors, but I thought our pack matched theirs.

Latest posts