What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Avenger

Immortal
This is the most crazy thing that I’ve ever seen since I’ve been alive. This shit is unprecedented. Almost biblical.

King hit

Coach
At least in Australia the positive cases are from people who have had contact with an infected person or contact with mainland China so the sooner we close off international travel the better.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
At least in Australia the positive cases are from people who have had contact with an infected person or contact with mainland China so the sooner we close off international travel the better.
As far as I know there are several recorded cases among the 122 currently diagnosed that are locally transmitted.

betcats

Referee
This is the most crazy thing that I’ve ever seen since I’ve been alive. This shit is unprecedented. Almost biblical.

There are some pretty bad flu pandemics in recent history. In 1968 some flu pandemic killed a million people in a few years, 100k in the usd. And the death rates were low copared to earlier flu pandemics like spnaish flu etc (I just had to catch a train from the central coast to syd cbd then got sent straight home because of IT issues so ive spent 3 hours reading about pandemics)

TheFrog

Coach
I’m literally looking at the new stadium in Townsville now from my hotel room. f**king heartbreaking for everyone if the game gets shit canned tonight in NQ. I understand all the ramifications and the reasoning behind the control measures required to stop this f**king thing, but it doesn’t make it any easier to swallow this bitter pill.

If the rest of the season gets cancelled, can we call this the ‘GF that everyone wanted’???

might go get some GF shirts made up this morning at the mall......
Everyone in Queensland. I hadn't thought about what GF I want but I doubt it would involve the Broncos.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Man I can tell you, Australia wasn't serious about this early enough. When I entered India a month ago, I was scanned for temperature and asked if I had cold symptoms. When I return to Australia 3 weeks ago, nothing, no one even asked If I had been to China, Iran, South Korea, or had cold, cough, anything.

Tommy Smith

Referee
And here we go...

This has sadly been an inevitability for a while now.

Maths never lies. The numbers have been there for all to see.

My guess is the season will be shutdown for a month or two, maybe more.

Absolutely devastating but there are more important things out there than footy.

King hit

Coach
They are probably going to play behind closed doors I imagine. The financial loses for postponing the season would be catastrophic for broadcasters and clubs.

And if it was postponed I hope they just pause the season and play out the remaining games as planned. Take longer breaks in the warmer months.

T-Boon

Coach
I wouldn’t hate this. Clubs could release players to play in bush leagues for the winter. It could be good for the sport.

Latest posts