What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Country Dragon

Juniors
He is trying to mimic Trent Robbio all the time and has been trying to talk like he does for a year or 2
In regards to Duffy and Zach did he not say that Zac was training the house down and deserved first crack. To me first crack isn’t one game. Now Duffy has owned the training and deserves to go straight in there which is a Mary conflict of himself
Which is it Mary? who deserved it first? make your mind up don’t tell us lies.
Sounds like its policy and excuse on the run
Mary all over!

j0nesy

Bench
Lomax is a centre, always has been, and will not improve in any other position while Mary is the coach. What really annoys me is how many different positions Mary has had the young bloke play in such a short time. It’s even more frustrating that he shifted him to th wing after basically saying that he was guaranteed the full back position for a large part of the start of the season.

dragons girl

Juniors
I don’t think Dufty had a good game but his two tries were both much needed. In defence he was ordinary as well as positioning. His speed is very handy to have in the side though.
Just shows what we all know Mary has no faith in his players.He has no idea of anything.It is going to be a long miserable season. Time to give the youngsters a go

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Reading that Bennett may end the Mitchell at FB policy realising that he is a centre.
Lomax is a lot different than Latrell though. Latrell is lazy and drifts in and out of games. Lomax covered more ground than any other player in round 1 and made great decisions and numerous try saving tackles. He dropped 2 bombs in the rain. One easy and one in traffic. This can be improved. He’s also our fittest player. Starc difference to Latrell. Skills can be learned, effort can’t.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Undoubtedly, Lomax is a prodigious talent, however he is seriously awful under kicks.

Always has been; definitely not a fullback.

It’s obvious to everyone (barring McIdiot) that his best position is in the centres. Unfortunately, I reckon he’ll make way for Ravalawa upon his return from injury.

Belta

Juniors
Dufty could have been used on the right wing. We should have given Lomax the chance to prove himself at fullback.

Agree Lomax should not of been moved and a current NRL player agrees with your opinion about Duftys best position is on our flank, think his name was Edrick

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It was a more general comment that sometimes a players best position is their best position.
There is no doubt, but at 20 and the amount he's been shuffled around who would know what his best position is. Maybe its centre maybe fullback but one game certainly isn't long enough to rule him out. The sooner Mary goes the better, Lomax deserves a lot better than what Mary is giving him. He needs a coach with an eye to the future not one that is trying to save his arse week to week.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Undoubtedly, Lomax is a prodigious talent, however he is seriously awful under kicks.

Always has been; definitely not a fullback.

It’s obvious to everyone (barring McIdiot) that his best position is in the centres. Unfortunately, I reckon he’ll make way for Ravalawa upon his return from injury.
Rava was terrible under the bomb last year, absolutely terrible. He has even dropped and few passes with the line open. All of a sudden he is our knight in shining armour. He was given weeks upon weeks to learn the game which was one of the rare things I will congratulate Mary on but was eventually dropped and replaced by Saab. He has gone back and worked hard at it and looks to be improved. Why cant Zac do the same? One other thing is that there are no crowds at the moment so the pressure is probably just that touch lower, I think a great chance to practice. If he could just fix up that one flaw I believe he is worth the investment.

gitano

Juniors
Meanwhile Aitken is languishing at training not even able to play in the final year of his contract, so bow wow you shoulda learned to pass by now.
The cream will rise.

Lomax's step last worked in under 16's, hasn't thrown a decent pass in NRL and has hands like a digital watch.

Throw in his lack of pace and physical presence and you have someone to build a club around. If battling the Titans for a kitchen implement is your go, but it ain't mine boy.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The cream will rise.

Lomax's step last worked in under 16's, hasn't thrown a decent pass in NRL and has hands like a digital watch.

Throw in his lack of pace and physical presence and you have someone to build a club around. If battling the Titans for a kitchen implement is your go, but it ain't mine boy.
The only cream involved when it comes to Aitken is dripping down his chin.

possm

Coach
There is no doubt, but at 20 and the amount he's been shuffled around who would know what his best position is. Maybe its centre maybe fullback but one game certainly isn't long enough to rule him out. The sooner Mary goes the better, Lomax deserves a lot better than what Mary is giving him. He needs a coach with an eye to the future not one that is trying to save his arse week to week.
Lomax needs a Hasler kind of coach. Maybe Flanagan will take on the responsiblility.

Last edited:

Latest posts