What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus and NRL Games

Mark D

Juniors
I’m not quite up to speed on the Dragons financial health but any views on how long a run way we have ? Assume a statement from the new CEO is imminent

giboz71

First Grade
What’s been made abundantly clear the last few weeks now that the financial position of the NRL and the clubs have been somewhat exposed has been the total mismanagement of cash for a number of years.

Clearly, a $9.8 million salary cap and the massive grants to the clubs for a game that averages 13-15k crowds was never going to be sustainable.

Not sure what the game will look like when this is all said and done but expecting 750k per year salary and above for 20 something athletes barely out of school is going to be a thing of the past.

Gareth67

First Grade
Common sense prevails at last .

The players should not had to suffer the angst of being separated from their love ones , let alone take the risk of contracting the disease which would had occurred eventually.

Go home boys and be with your families and do the best for them as each one of us must do . May this insidious plague be gone as quickly as possible so the world can return to normality.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yes me too Forbes. I'll be saying goodbye to my Foxtel HD and reckon I'll be unemployed within a couple of weeks. Tough times mate.
Its hard times man, im predicting worse than the Great Depression. This fall has come faster and harder than then and people are half a million in debt. 10 times their annual wage in some cases. This has never happened before. Even watching NRL 360 its very sobering, no shit talking at all Vlandys knows full well the NRL may very well not survive this.

HenryTatana

Juniors
What’s been made abundantly clear the last few weeks now that the financial position of the NRL and the clubs have been somewhat exposed has been the total mismanagement of cash for a number of years.

Clearly, a $9.8 million salary cap and the massive grants to the clubs for a game that averages 13-15k crowds was never going to be sustainable.

Not sure what the game will look like when this is all said and done but expecting 750k per year salary and above for 20 something athletes barely out of school is going to be a thing of the past.
Just as well we have a shitload of players coming off contract this year.

Latest posts