What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expansion Team Names

jim_57

Staff member
I really like the idea I found on here (can’t remember who) for a 2nd Brisbane team.

I like the Brisbane Browns with a Brown Snake as their logo.

You can borrow the designs from the Cleveland Browns and the colours to me fit QLD

Some people may have issues with it matching the NFL team but I think the Brown snake aspect makes it original

I posted Brown Snakes or Kookaburras a while back and stand by it that either would be great. I have seen both floated over the years on here, one of the original Bombers vote names was (Rivercity) Kookaburras.

Brown Snakes - Solid Brown jersey with some white trim.
Kookaburras - Solid Brown jersey with white & light blue trim.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I posted Brown Snakes or Kookaburras a while back and stand by it that either would be great. I have seen both floated over the years on here, one of the original Bombers vote names was (Rivercity) Kookaburras.

Brown Snakes - Solid Brown jersey with some white trim.
Kookaburras - Solid Brown jersey with white & light blue trim.

Both the Brisbane Browns and Rivercity Kookaburras have been thrown around for as long as I've been on this forum, even before then.

Rivercity is f**king stupid name though.

jim_57

Staff member
Both the Brisbane Browns and Rivercity Kookaburras have been thrown around for as long as I've been on this forum, even before then.

Rivercity is f**king stupid name though.

Yeh I never understood Rivercity at all.

From memory before the Bombers bid were the Bombers they did a public vote on names and 'Rivercity Kookaburras' was one of the options but Rivercity wasn't used for any of the others. Nothing wrong with Brisbane Kookaburras. Obviously the vote was pretty much ignored anyway because I doubt 'Bombers' would have won.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Yeah it's up there with Greater Western Sydney and Golden State. And Western Corridor too

At least Greater Western Sydney, the Golden State, and the Western Corridor are terms that have a meaning and are actually in use.

Rivercity sounds like the sort of nickname that an out of touch marketing company or politician would come up with to try and connect with the kids.

Latest posts