What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Pommy

Coach
My thinking was based on, would a bank give a lot of money to an 18 year old rugby league player. It was a lazy post on my behalf.

A couple of years ago the bank wouldn’t give me a $100 over draft as I was a temporary visa holder. At the same time they were willing to loan my wife $1.2m on a mortgage taking my income in to consideration despite the fact she only earned $60k at the time.
Who knows what the would loan ha.

A couple of years ago the bank wouldn’t give me a $100 over draft as I was a temporary visa holder. At the same time they were willing to loan my wife $1.2m on a mortgage taking my income in to consideration despite the fact she only earned $60k at the time.
Who knows what the would loan ha.

That’s weird. I thought the banks had gone tight on lending after the last review. A lot of my mates on similar pay we’re getting knocked back in spite of good credit history.

big hit!

Bench
the more I hear about the lack of details re project apollo, the greater i'm inclined to swing around my original opinion on this and begin to side with ch9.

Vlandys is running the joint like trump. it's alright to be aspirational and thinking this is courageous, but in reality it seems the NRL commission and executive don't have a brain between them.

they should start hunting for coins hidden within the couches at HQ, cos it seems as though that's all the NRL have to live off at the moment, given their desperation to get back on the field.

the more I hear about the lack of details re project apollo, the greater i'm inclined to swing around my original opinion on this and begin to side with ch9.

Vlandys is running the joint like trump. it's alright to be aspirational and thinking this is courageous, but in reality it seems the NRL commission and executive don't have a brain between them.

they should start hunting for coins hidden within the couches at HQ, cos it seems as though that's all the NRL have to live off at the moment, given their desperation to get back on the field.

You do realise America under Trump has been monstrously successful, right?

Spot On

Coach

It was good to see Wayne Pearce is still alive.

Been a big job being part of the ARLC since 2012.

big hit!

Bench
Tell me you’re more bothered by the CCP than Trump. I’ll believe you.

He has taken the US from strength to strength. That isn’t an opinion. It took a cataclysmic global event to slow his achievements.

I hope the merkins pay dearly for what they've brought to the world. their behaviour during the outbreak and since then has been nothing short of propaganda. problem is, the world can't tell them to stick it just yet, so they're taking all the supplies the CCP are offering to contain the mess. and given how much we all rely on china to produce the shit we use everyday, it may never happen anyway.

despite my centre-right leaning ways, i've always been neutral on trump. a trump supporting American may feel he's done what they asked of him, but I've continued to see more poverty and homelessness on subsequent trips there than ever before. but this is more a failing of the american system.

the back pedalling regarding his handling of the pandemic has shown how awful he is at handling a crisis he can 't bully his way out of. I'm not playing this on ideology. He's deadset incapable of managing all the stakeholders involved in this and cannot handle any criticism his way. that's not a leader. that's the comparison i levelled between he and Vlandys

I hope the merkins pay dearly for what they've brought to the world. their behaviour during the outbreak and since then has been nothing short of propaganda. problem is, the world can't tell them to stick it just yet, so they're taking all the supplies the CCP are offering to contain the mess. and given how much we all rely on china to produce the shit we use everyday, it may never happen anyway.

despite my centre-right leaning ways, i've always been neutral on trump. a trump supporting American may feel he's done what they asked of him, but I've continued to see more poverty and homelessness on subsequent trips there than ever before. but this is more a failing of the american system.

the back pedalling regarding his handling of the pandemic has shown how awful he is at handling a crisis he can 't bully his way out of. I'm not playing this on ideology. He's deadset incapable of managing all the stakeholders involved in this and cannot handle any criticism his way. that's not a leader. that's the comparison i levelled between he and Vlandys

Understood, but I think it’s quick to judge V’Landys. Maybe I’m wrong. We’ll see.

that would depend how you measure success but let’s not get on to a Trump argument or it will go for days lol.

Vlandys obviously thought by setting a date it would give tv a heads up that nrl was expecting the money to start flowing again. It massively backfired with the Ch9 response. If we don’t start on that date he’s going to look pretty stupid, again. To announce the date without a plan is very Trump like though lol.

Must admit I have doubts about the 28th coming together. For now we can only hope. A full off-season with only two weeks of footy before this. I’m dying for a game already.

Latest posts