What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Perth Red

Post Whore
Only problem I foresee there is murdoch's offspring got gazumped by CBS who pinched channel 10 from under their noses.

if Fox could find a new partner that agreed to showing just two fta games a week and allowed simucast origin and finals I reckon they might even help reduce their cost by going bigger with their offer.

unforgiven

Bench
if Fox could find a new partner that agreed to showing just two fta games a week and allowed simucast origin and finals I reckon they might even help reduce their cost by going bigger with their offer.
You would hope so if they are picking up SOO and the GF.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You would hope so if they are picking up SOO and the GF.

just read in media thread that they have secured hbo rights so will soon be launching their streaming service called binge. You can see them including Kayo with it and stronger nrl content can only help drive more subscribers.

unforgiven

Bench
just read in media thread that they have secured hbo rights so will soon be launching their streaming service called binge. You can see them including Kayo with it and stronger nrl content can only help drive more subscribers.

I hope they don't force you to have both like they force you have their basic service to be able to get sport on foxtel. I am very happy just having Kayo and don't want anything else tied to it to drive the price up.

Last edited:

Johnny88

Juniors
V’landys’ $80m offer sign TV deal is close

ARL Commission chair Peter V’landys has said he will have broadcast talks settled by the end of next week and has demonstrated his conviction to the clubs with an $80 million-plus rescue package for the rest of this season.

V’landys, who has been locked in talks with the Nine Network and Foxtel for several weeks, tabled an offer to a group of club chief executives via NRL boss Andrew Abdo late on Wednesday.

It is believed the clubs were not entirely convinced by the deal, which included a number of scenarios based on where the broadcasting negotiations could land.

The ARL Commission has an insurance policy in the form of a line of credit, Oakwell Advisory Group in England having come to the table with as much as $250m should the game need a helping hand.

V’landys would prefer not to rely on outside sources, although he and the commission may have their hand forced should the broadcasting deal continue to wreak havoc with the financial future of the game.

It is understood V’landys is close to striking a deal with Foxtel and while Nine is playing hard to get, they are bound by a contract that runs until the end of 2022.

The commission is open to extending that deal for as many as five years, although it would be on the condition that the networks play ball for this season.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/5f1f3bc84b1675d439e8d0dc17f7ba7c

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The NRL honestly isn't asking much of these assholes, when you sit back and think about it. They're asking that the broadcasters simply acknowledge that this year has been unprecedented in nature and beyond anyone's help, so lets just do our best with what we have left in 2020 then get on with it. That really isn't much to ask for. And Nine in particular have chosen to dance to death metal on the apple cart instead of being supportive of the code they claim to respect so much in trying times. "Home of Rugby League", give me a full f**king leviosa spell.

Canard

Immortal

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
V’landys’ $80m offer sign TV deal is close

ARL Commission chair Peter V’landys has said he will have broadcast talks settled by the end of next week and has demonstrated his conviction to the clubs with an $80 million-plus rescue package for the rest of this season.

V’landys, who has been locked in talks with the Nine Network and Foxtel for several weeks, tabled an offer to a group of club chief executives via NRL boss Andrew Abdo late on Wednesday.

It is believed the clubs were not entirely convinced by the deal, which included a number of scenarios based on where the broadcasting negotiations could land.

The ARL Commission has an insurance policy in the form of a line of credit, Oakwell Advisory Group in England having come to the table with as much as $250m should the game need a helping hand.

V’landys would prefer not to rely on outside sources, although he and the commission may have their hand forced should the broadcasting deal continue to wreak havoc with the financial future of the game.

It is understood V’landys is close to striking a deal with Foxtel and while Nine is playing hard to get, they are bound by a contract that runs until the end of 2022.

The commission is open to extending that deal for as many as five years, although it would be on the condition that the networks play ball for this season.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/5f1f3bc84b1675d439e8d0dc17f7ba7c

Tomorrow we will be hearing “Vlad took an extra big shit today. A tv deal is imminent!”

Just as relevant....

Could be interesting if some players refuse to train or play with anti-vaxxers. I don’t let my kids play with kids who’s parents are anti-vaxxers. That’s my right.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Copley can f*** off to Yankee Doodle Land if he's so concerned about his freedumbs. That guy and Cartwright are a big part of the reason why the Titans are so sh*t.

nick87

Coach
I could not be more disappointed in Sia, Papalii and Tapine for their stance on this.
It completely bucks science and the physical toll the game takes will leave them far more damaged than any flu shot will

But fine, you dont want it, dont get it and just sign the f**king waiver accepting you're at greater risk. That's the choice you made and if you dont believe in science, and therefore dont believe you're at greater risk, then why do you care if you sign a document saying you're at greater risk

Papalii and Tapine is not surprising, those guys... to be perfectly frank, at not the sharpest knives in the draw.
Sia Soliola that's where im genuinely upset at his involvement. I had held him in the highest esteem possible for a raiders player. Tough, hard, uncompromising footballer with a ton of skill, who does it the right way with hard work, and was maybe the best off field leader and role model the club has had since Ruben Wiki.

My opinions on him have dropped precipitously

Last edited: